Release of sdsbolt's radar plus app. More than meets the eye
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release of sdsbolt's radar plus app. More than meets the eye

Icon22 Release of sdsbolt's radar plus app. More than meets the eye

See http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=164 and http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...VIII-radar-zip

Finally the great app is released. PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.

This app does many different things.

1. As radar app with aircraft having the respective radars as seen in
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=80
    and in
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=164&id=27734
    and
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=164

all of these require a specific ShortName= in the aircraft xdp such as
    "Blenheim MkI NF A.I.iii"
    ShortName="Beaufighter IF(NF) (A.I.iv) 604 1940 "
    ShortName="Mosquito NFII A.I.iv/v"
    ShortName="Defiant MkII A.I.iv/vi"
    ShortName="Mosquito_NFXII A.I.viii"

Of course these aircraft MUST have the relevant m3ds and dds files to show the radar station.

In addition.All these aircraft can operate without opening the "GCI radio" and just activating Alr-R for intruder missions over Europe which will be outside the range of the NF Control

2. As a non radar night fighter.

Some RAF early night fighters, namely some Spitfires, Hurricanes and Defiants, did not have radar sets but were controlled by Fighter Command radio. These aircraft can also use the app and require only a ShortName="XXXXXXXX N.F." I also make these as a separate model called XXXXXX_NF

They are controlled in the app by using Shift_R and Ctrl_R and Ctrl-Shift_R(only if multiple bogies in the vicinity)

3. As a Luftwaffe kampfgeschwader bomber using Knickebein X-Geraet bombing navigation device.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Beams

These must have a short name ShortName="XXXXXXX K.b." such as ShortName="Do 17z-1 KG77 K.b."
    I also make a separate stand alone model XXXXX_Kb such as he111h_f8+es_Kb

These are controlled by keys Alt+R . In missions that I make I specify when the app should be turned on and when turned off. For how to make Knickebein missions WRT where to put the facilities, I will do as a separate entry.

4. As a ILS Lorenz beam landing device.

This is part of the Luftwaffe ILS (Instrument Landing System) used in conjunction with approach and landing lights. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_beam

The short name is as for Knickebein ; as ShortName="XXXXXXX K.b." (as he111h_f8+es_Kb for bombers) Non bombers such as NJG night fighters must still keep such a short name such as ShortName="TOW_bf_110c_3_D5_DM K.b.", but in this case make the model xxxxx_Lz such as bf110c3_3C_DM_Lz

Like Knickebein X-Geraet navigation, these are controlled by keys Alt+R . In missions that I make I specify when the app should be turned on and when turned off. As to how to make Lorenz ILS airfield approaches WRT where to put the needed facilities, I will do as a separate entry.

5. As a Fighter control app to use with BoB RAF fighters such as in the new BoB install by Clive.

These aircraft have a ShortName="xxxxxx F.C." such as ShortName="BoB_Huri_017 F.C." i also make separate standalones xxxxFC such as BoB_Huri_017FC

Control is by Shift-R, Ctrl-R and Ctrl-Shift_R. In missions I specify when to start the app, as in missions with 100+ aircraft, the app sometimes gets a bit over enthusiastic!

Later I will upload all the xxxxFC aircraft and the missions to support them

More later as there are several things to upload for sections 3 through 5 in particular.
    Last edited by mongoose; February 23rd, 2021 at 10:50.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

These are gsl, facility, and building add ons to show RAF GCI sites for NF control and Knickebein/x-Geraet 'Wotan' sites for knickebein and x-Geraet beam transmission.
    See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Beams
    The document GCI Stations.odt in the zip
    The Google Earth entries Knickebein Sites.kmz in the zip
    Wotan locations.png in the zip

These folders give a more realistic ground situation to using sdsbolt's app for GCI radar and Fighter Control, and Knickebein/x-Geraet missions.

I will mention them WRT missions and mission building elsewhere

1. Add the gsl entries to the bottom of your ETO Era 2 global layer and or your CFS3 Daiwilletti improved basic install

2.Add the facilties folder

3. Add the buildings folder. The assumption is that these are the only 2 buildings that you don't already have but check the facility entries if in doubt and contact me at SOH if you are missing any.

GCI and Kb files .rar
    Last edited by mongoose; February 23rd, 2021 at 16:03.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Very informative. Just getting my feet wet.

Mission building using sdsbolt's app for knickebein/x-Geraet feature. Attacked is a document on how I make Kb missions. sdsbolt also has a mission in one of the uploads.

KB mission building.zip

Clearly this is the thread that should have been made a stickie...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I agree but I will finish all points and then ask to move the essentials there!

While I am working on updating CFS3 BoB MkI with xxxx_FC RAF fighters and the missions, which I hope to put up soon; fighters and missions done but I need to give navigation info and instructions for each mission.

I should mention:-

I have already done the Lorenz ILS for many Luftwaffe KG and NJG fliegerhorsten, but these, how to make them, what files are needed, and missions, will be in the new TOW 1 (covering late Aug 1940-Aug 1942) install hopefully coming out sometime in the ? Spring.

This will also have many knickebein/x-Geraet and NF missions as well.

Anyone wanting to make their own N.F. aircraft and is having issues, let me know.

Anyone interested in how to make Kb missions should check above on my post.

I will give some ideas on Lornez ILS making shortly

More to follow.

BoB Fighter Control Missions

BoB Fighter Control Missions:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=70 when approved

As promised!
    I have uploaded these under missions, even though they include aircraft.

As usual, my readme has typo mistakes!! Corrected here!

These are the modified stand alone aircraft and modified missions for the new CFS3 BoB MkI install done by Clive aka Pat Pattle. All the acknowledgements for aircraft and missions remain as in that install.

Install.

Put both these folders directly into the CFS3 BoB MkI install

WRT the Sdsbolt A, I. Radar app and its use as Fighter Control.

1. Start the app before you start CFS3

2. Shift-R will turn on Fighter Control, Follow its instructions. Follow the document on when to activate Fighter Control, as otherwise you might intercept the wrong bogies.

3. Ctrl-R will update the vector. I find having a bigger compass helps me to follow the vector!

4.Ctrl-Shift-R will toggle the FC lock

These missions do not want random spawns, so a no spawn batch file is included. Please use it!

James Allen aka mongoose
    Last edited by mongoose; February 27th, 2021 at 18:56.

Blog Entries
    Having now used it (extremely impressive! ) what on earth did you chaps come up with to get this to work?
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

The genius of Steve Sdsbolt!

I have noticed; after win10 updates, that it sometimes removes the exe file, even if in a so called OK folder for such apps. I suggest one keeps the zip file handy in the same 'safe' folder. Check again on how to keep apps with your OS system as they don't like 'cheat' engines, as this one is.

glad you can use it Clive. As mentioned , just using cheat software to spy on the game.

BoB Fighter Control Missions

Well; these have been checked again so this time........

BoB Fighter Control Missions:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=70 when approved

As promised!
    I have uploaded these under missions, even though they include aircraft.

As usual, my readme has typo mistakes!! Corrected here!

These are the modified stand alone aircraft and modified missions for the new CFS3 BoB MkI install done by Clive aka Pat Pattle. All the acknowledgements for aircraft and missions remain as in that install.

Install.

Put both these folders directly into the CFS3 BoB MkI install

WRT the Sdsbolt A, I. Radar app and its use as Fighter Control.

1. Start the app before you start CFS3

2. Shift-R will turn on Fighter Control, Follow its instructions. Follow the document on when to activate Fighter Control, as otherwise you might intercept the wrong bogies.

3. Ctrl-R will update the vector. I find having a bigger compass helps me to follow the vector!

4.Ctrl-Shift-R will toggle the FC lock

These missions do not want random spawns, so a no spawn batch file is included. Please use it!

James Allen aka mongoose

sdsbolt is now working on a Luftwaffe 'Nachjagd' Fighter control which means pre-Fug radar nachtjagd can be directed towards RAF aircraft in the 'Kammhuber Line' area. Testing underway!
    This means that, For the Luftwaffe, bombers will be able to use the sdabolt app for Knickebein target navigation and Lorenz ILS landings, while the night fighters can use the latter and now fighter control similar to that for RAF fighters and night fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post

sdsbolt is now working on a Luftwaffe 'Nachjagd' Fighter control which means pre-Fug radar nachtjagd can be directed towards RAF aircraft in the 'Kammhuber Line' area. Testing underway!
    This means that, For the Luftwaffe, bombers will be able to use the sdabolt app for Knickebein target navigation and Lorenz ILS landings, while the night fighters can use the latter and now fighter control similar to that for RAF fighters and night fighters.
    So I am now testing this aspect of sdsbolt's multidimensional app on some missions for the CFS3 TOW 1939 to 1942 install; probably coming early Autumn as many other things going on in the summer! A couple of pics from an earlier test, plus a video of a later one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw7FFalV-M4

Blog Entries
    Keep up the good work. Love seeing this wonderful progress for CFS3. Thanks! Regards,Scott

Further testing of a mission using sdsbolt's A.I. radar app for a tow_e_beaufighter_mk1nf_604_40 with a ShortName="Beaufighter IF(NF) (A.I.iv) 604 1940" needed for the app and a cockpit m3d providing a backward facing radar. This time flying as Guy Gibson, the in 29 Squadron flying Beaufighter NFs from Wellingore Digby region under GCI control from ground radar.
    "The night of the 15th-16th, the Luftwaffe were targeting Glasgow and Sheffield. Guy Gibson and Sgt. James were directed buy GCI to a bogey which Sgt. James picked up on the radar and directed Gibson to within 400 yards of the bogey. He closed to within 100 yards before opening fire and then the guns jammed. It took Sgt. James 10 minutes to clear the jam enough for a cannon to work and Gibson to set fire to both engines. The bogey crashed into the sea off Skegness pier."

It was a dark night! You won't see much unless your lights are low and you have a big screen! Open the image in a new tab and enlarge.

He111 hit and falling away!

Crashing into the sea

Just to keep this on people's radar, , sdsbolt is further improving the app which will be featured in the upcoming CFS3 TOW 1939 to 1942 install; which will be out in mid Autumn/Fall.

The A.I. radar app now has the following uses

1. RAF NFs with radar capability as in Defiant, Blenheim, Beaufighter and Mosquito versions. I hope later in the Havoc.

2. RAF NFs without radar can still be guided by Fighter Control to a bogey.

3. RAF BoB fighters can also be guided by Fighter Control, and these models are available in the latest BoB release.

4. LW bombers will have 'knickebein' beam navigation to targets in England. This will feature in the CFS3 TOW 1939 to 1942 release.

5. LW bombers and NJ (NF aircraft) will have Lorenz ILS capabilities for assisting landing at designated 'fliegerhorsten', which in addition will have approach and runway lights courtesy of NachPiloten

6. NJ aircraft can be guided by LW Fighter Control to targets in the Kammhuber Line region, consisting of searchlights and radar. and stretching across the Netherlands and adjoining countries. At the moment, no operational radar for NJ aircrfat has been modeled, but hopefully....

Time to bump again.
    1. There is now an operational Lichtenstein Fug202 radar by sdsbolt which will be in Dornier Do215B-5s and hopefully in new Bf110F versions currently being made by NachtPiloten which will also include the Fug202. This is in addition to sdsbolt's NJ GCI radio control feature.

2. The following RAF aircraft have AI radar capabilities thanks to sdsbolt.
    Blenhein NFs (some)
    Beaufighter NFs (some)
    Defiant NFs (some)
    Mosquito NF (one so far)
    Possibly the Havocs soon!

All NFs have GCI radio control

All of these features will be available in the upcoming TOW Pt. I release; sadly postponed to January due to some of these new features needing to be incorporated into the aircraft and missions.

One more point to note WRT to TOW, BoB, and other installs. In fact it is NOT necessary to make stand alone aircraft versions to use sdsbolt's app; one just has to have the appropriate short name in the existing aircraft's xdp file. such as XXXX F.C. XXXX K.b., XXXX N.F., XXXX N.J, atc.

Blog Entries
    Awesome news ! Thanks. Looking forward to the TOW expansion ! Regards, Scott

Given some of the other stickies here, I think this is a worthy candidate!
    So, the latest version is to be had here. https://www.mediafire.com/file/btv6j..._v1.2.rar/file
    See also post #24 at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0-42-is-coming!

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post

Given some of the other stickies here, I think this is a worthy candidate!
    So, the latest version is to be had here. https://www.mediafire.com/file/btv6j..._v1.2.rar/file
    See also post #24 at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0-42-is-coming!
    When I try and download this version I get this message and I cant download anything

Mick

This is what I thought might happen as basically the app is a cheat engine. Many OS may not like it, depending on what OS you use. I will re upload it without the XXX.exe , and people will have to change it to the exe as mentioned in the readme.

This should do the trick!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nxzuy..._v1.2.rar/file

Members who have read this thread: 5