OBD forum will be set up soon....Goodbye SOH

Thread: OBD forum will be set up soon....Goodbye SOH

Winder

OBD forum will be set up soon....Goodbye SOH

Thanks Ickie and SOH for your support so far.

I suspected this would come one day - so Guys we will be setting up an OBD forum quite soon on our dedicated server and will post details on our website as soon as it is up and running - we as a team have discussed this since December and are almost ready!!

We hope to have 1.26 out soon as well so just check on our website!
    I will not be returning here again - you will hear from me again on the OBD forum!

Thanks all for the support you have shown us over the years!

Best

WM

OBD Software

Axgrinder
    That's sad news Winder, but not unexpected. I'll see you on the OFF site.

77Scout
    Well, so long SOH. It was fun, but you won't be seeing me or my money here again. I really wish I had not recently donated to the SOH bandwidth fund, nor to Ickies new monitor fund. This is what I got in return??

Gonna be awfully quiet around here after you shut down all the forums that deal with pay-products (you do realize that IL2 and CSF3 are pay products just like OFF, right?)

quoth
    Hang on, he's been overruled so does that mean this forum will continue? What happens next?

Q

SITTINGDUCK

obd

well..looks like winders already in 3rd gear,,,so i doubt there will be any turning back

Dirk98
    Errhmm???

DMW_NZ
    Realistically, SOH has given a huge - absolutely huge - amount of support to Microsoft over the years through its forums. Support which I'm sure MS hasn't compensated them for, otherwise Ickie wouldn't have to have his donation drives.

Likewise the various payware developers for the MS game shave been able to promote their wares, via the forums.

So the logic of penalising OBD for taking OFF to payware, as though somehow OBD was now making a huge profit off SOH's generosity, seems a bit skewed. Even more so because OBD have been completely open on the main site and in the forums about the payware status of Phase 3.

Of course no one is taking wads of cash to the bank here. It's a shame that in the pinched, financially strapped world of PC sims, folks who give so much time to supoorting and extending the sims, without much in the way of monetary return, end up at loggerheads, while MS, casually dumps what is really an institution and walks away ...

Flame On!
    I may come back from time to time to check on the other mods, updates etc, but I will take SOH off my bookmark list, and I don't really like typing in web addresses. See ya on the OBD website Winder! S! Let me know where to send a donation to help with the cost of the new forum. I don't have much but I'll donate whatever I can.

CJ
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX nForce 680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
    OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 800
    EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card

buddye
    I think this is a simple case of two management teams not picking up the phone and talking this issue over.

Seem like a misunderstanding or hurt feelings involved which is really not good business.

OFF3 and SOH have much more in common than this small issue.

I recommend the 24 hour rule then talking it over (no notes in public, PMs, or emails permitted).

Davy TASB
    Quote Originally Posted by buddye View Post
    I think this is a simple case of two management teams not picking up the phone and talking this issue over.

Seem like a misunderstanding or hurt feelings involved which is really not good business.

OFF3 and SOH have much more in common than this small issue.

I recommend the 24 hour rule then talking it over (no notes in public, PMs, or emails permitted).
    I think Ickie has already done irrepairable damage and insulted the OFF community with his
    "We have put up with a lot of stuff daily from the Off people" comment.

He wont have to worry about putting up with any more of my posts from now on.

Toodle Pip for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkVE7abt8N4

Rooster89
    SOH, It's been fun. Tons of good reads and laughs here. See you all on the OFF forum!
    .....hope I get to keep my name. lol

-Rooster

Gremlin_WoH
    Ok, I say fire the caretaker as apparently he does not know what's going on in his house.

Oh, and a last one as so fervidly disputed some weeks ago :bs:

See you on the new OFF forums ...

Bullethead
    Quote Originally Posted by Winder View Post
    I suspected this would come one day - so Guys we will be setting up an OBD forum quite soon on our dedicated server and will post details on our website as soon as it is up and running - we as a team have discussed this since December and are almost ready!!

Sorry to see it come to this. Running your own forum means somebody has to do that instead of working on the game....

OTOH, I say give SOH the finger for extortion. As if all the income they were making off the ad hits in this forum weren't enough, they demand freebies, too.

Here's what I say to that: (_)*(_) . <-- Kiss my ass SOH, because it's the last you'll see of me. What, you're going to ban me now? As if I was coming back to this dump anyway :wave:

Duce Lewis
    Hmmm, I can think of several reasons why this isn't good for OFF

1) SOH is a a large sim community and gets a lot of traffic
    Going solo may mean OFF becomes even more obsure than it already is

2) A forum costs money
    SOH asks for donations just like OBD does
    Is there extra cash laying around for this? ...nope

3) Forums need Technical Support and Moderators
    OFF team is already strapped for time and resources
    Who has the spare time to run it?

I 2nd the 24 hour idea
    How many times do flair-ups start with misunderstandings?
    And if all else fails, what about SHQ?

Well, that's my 2 Cents :gossip:

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy TASB View Post
    I think Ickie has already done irrepairable damage and insulted the OFF community with his
    "We have put up with a lot of stuff daily from the Off people" comment.

He wont have to worry about putting up with any more of my posts from now on.

Toodle Pip for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkVE7abt8N4
    Oh come on chaps. It looks like nothing more than one chap had a fit of pique and acted on an impulse. It happens, we've all done it. Let's not blow it into the proportions of an attempted national coup, eh?

If OBD do set up their own forum all well and good. But SOH has provided a nice mess-hall for a good long while and we've all enjoyed it's hospitality, and any bills have been on a purely voluntary basis and they're still welcome to mine.

Ickie, you plum, go and have a couple of stiff ones mate. I'm sure nobody was trying to stiff you, just sometimes the obvious courtesies get forgotten under all the other stuff landing on the desk. Gawd knows I've done it myself plenty of times (as have we all). And had it done to me, and gotten equally miffed.

Bottom line is, where there's no malicious intent there's no real foul.

catch22
    I can't see this as anything but good news. I look forward to the new OBD forum.

quoth
    I would agree with the above couple of posts. It sure sounds like one man acted on his own and I would think OBD have better things to do than running, maintaining and moderating their own forum.

Q

buddye
    In the short term, OFF3 already has a fourm at SIMHQ already in operation that everyone here can use to post comments, news, problems/issues, and compliments.

SIMHQ will wecome all you guys with open arms, I would bet, until the OBD forum is ready. This approach should give the OFF team more time to plan and get the OBD forum operational.

Give the SIMHQ OFF3 forum a try. It may even be a longer term solution.

I have never seen the SIMHQ guys post anything like Ickie in a public forum.

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by buddye View Post
    In the short term, OFF3 already has a fourm at SIMHQ already in operation that everyone here can use to post comments, news, problems/issues, and compliments.

SIMHQ will wecome all yiou guys with open arms, I would bet.
    Yeah, right. If you don't mind being talked down to in the most patronising, condescending, supercilious and downright offensive manner any time you say something that one of the pompous self-important excuses for a moderator thinks he can grasp as an excuse to display his flatulent ego. As if you were a diminished child who had been very very naughty.

And if you dare to take issue with the treatment? BANNED! But...BANNED! Bu...BANNED BANNED BANNED!!!

SimHQ is a toilet, run by utter wankers and with far too many obsequious and balless members who have forgotten they're supposed to be adults.

Thanks, but I'll stick around here and at the OBD forums once/if they're put up.

Flame On!
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I can't see this as anything but good news. I look forward to the new OBD forum.
    I agree Catch! I'll donate whatever I can for the new site.
    To Siggi: I agree wholeheartedly, buncha a holes over at SimHQ

CJ
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX nForce 680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
    OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 800
    EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameljockey View Post
    I agree Catch! I'll donate whatever I can for the new site.
    To Siggi: I agree wholeheartedly, buncha a holes over at SimHQ

CJ
    Indeed. Owned and operated by a bunch of incredibly self-important individuals with delusions of grandeuer that massively exceed their real status on the internet.

Fortunately there are so many more far better places at which to hang out, where the conversations are so much more than the insipid pap that passes for debate amongst the neutered drinkers at that stagnant pool.

Somebody grab me, I'm on a roll and I think my brakes may have failed.

Retired SOH Administrator
    I've had about enough!!!

nobody is makin anyone come here, if ya don't like it here then go, but There will be no more attackin a member in this post
    Fireman's prayer

Give me the strength to save a life,Whatever be its age
    Help me to embrace a little child, Before it is too late
    Or save an older person from The horror of that fate
    Enable me to be alert and Hear the weakest shout
    And quickly and efficiently To put the fire out
    I want to fill my calling and To give the best in me
    To guard my every neighbor And protect their property
    And if according to your will I have to lose my life
    Please bless with your protecting hand My children and my wife.

Author unknown

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    I've had about enough!!!

nobody is makin anyone come here, if ya don't like it here then go, but There will be no more attackin a member in this post
    well i have had enough also
    i believe we can kill all the Off forums
    and ban any member who has a problem with that
    seems to me that people expect us to babysit
    and give our best just to get pi**ed on
    not happening
    H