Notice

Thread: Notice

Blog Entries

Notice

I have supported Off since its creation, and I feel if it wasn't for SOH it would have never got off the ground.

I just found out Off-3 is now payware, to SOH staff as well. Most all of the staff did not know this either.

We have put up with a lot of stuff daily from the Off people, this is now bothering me that we have to the dirty work and pay too.

The time has come to shut the hangar doors.
    Look What I Have Become!

Over50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    I have supported Off since its creation, and I feel if it wasn't for SOH it would have never got off the ground.

I just found out Off-3 is now payware, to SOH staff as well. Most all of the staff did not know this either.

We have put up with a lot of stuff daily from the Off people, this is now bothering me that we have to the dirty work and pay too.

The time has come to shut the hangar doors.
    As a new comer to OFF 3 (never knew about OFF 1 & 2) what are you saying?

UK_Widowmaker
    ??...... What gives?

Bonestorm

Question

So... you're kicking the OFF forum 'cos you didn't get freebies? Have I got that right?

UK_Widowmaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonestorm View Post
    So... you're kicking the OFF forum 'cos you didn't get freebies? Have I got that right?
    Maybe should start a forum, advertise Mercedes...and get a free one!..Why did'nt I think of that? :ernae:

hahahaha

Siggi
    Wow. Did you get free games from the developers/publishers of the other games for which you have forums?

I think you got a number of donations from OFF members here too.

SITTINGDUCK

off3

oh great,,,now how did i know that was gonna happen

Hey,,ill pay for his dvd,,,if it keeps the forum up,,,,

duck

Over50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonestorm View Post
    As Ickie hasn't replied since posting the notice with an clear explanation vs use of euphamisms I sure hope it doesn't mean removing/deleting the OFF 3 forum from SOH. If this is what he means by closing the hanger door then I want my web site donation back because I obviously erred with my assumption that my contribution in response to the OFF 3 forum solicitation banner to support the web site was for the OFF 3 forum, not SOH in general.

Winder
    Thanks Ickie for your support so far.

I suspected this would come - so Guys we will be setting up an OBD forum quite soon on our dedicated server and will post details on our website as soon as it is up and running - we have discussed this since December and are almost ready!!

We hope to have 1.26 out soon as well so just check on our website!
    I will not be returning here again - you will hear from me again on the OBD forum!

Best

WM

OBD Software

UK_Widowmaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Winder View Post

I suspected this would come - so Guys we will be setting up an OBD forum quite soon on our dedicated server and will post details on our website as soon as it is up and running - we have discussed this since December and are almost ready!!

I will not be returning here again - you will hear from me again on the OBD forum!

Best

WM

OBD Software
    Gear is down and Locked!...Cya in the Mess Winder!

Davy TASB
    I would have thought a flight sim "fanatic" who could afford the rig that Ickie has would be only too pleased to support projects like OFF by buying a copy.
    Maybe his PC was a freebie as well (shrugs!)

Catfish
    Huh ?!

" I just found out Off-3 is now payware, to SOH staff as well. Most all of the staff did not know this either. "

Hmm, i thought it was well-known P3 would be payware since - a year ? You said you supported them, where were you to miss that ? Did you have some uneasy discussion with the OFF-team recently ?

Mind you, i also experienced some strange discussions with some of the OFF team, and if they did not even give you, or the SOH team, a free copy for letting them have a free forum at SOH, i definitely think it is bad style (again).

But maye you should also think about the people that came here for OFF, and maybe not for CFS3, FS2004 or FSX. I would consider it bad style as well to shut down the OFF forum because you feel insulted for not getting a free DVD ? Huh ?

Greetings,
    Catfish

Polovski
    Hi Ickie

We do appreciate all you have done, and we hope we have helped to keep CFS3 alive, and bring people to the forums too. A PM would have perhaps been a the better way to discuss this but we have never hidden that it's payware? It was stated as such for about about 12 months on our website and talked about an awful lot in here for even longer.

I have personally donated several times to SOH and did so twice recently with small amounts I could afford. So have other guys from the team. If we have enough sales to carry on we were to donate more from the OFF team too.

Middle the moderator of this forum also bought OFF (thanks Middle) so quite stumped by that comment to be honest.

Siggi
    Personally I would have given free copies to the appropriate people, as a courtesy and sign of appreciation for services rendered.

But I would very easily have forgotten to do that for a while, until all the palaver of release and patches had died down.

And on the other end I would probably have become quite miffed to be forgotten.

But I certainly wouldn't penalise the members for it. And especially not when some of them had responded to the call for bandwidth donations.

Pretty poor show all around I'd have to say.

SITTINGDUCK

new forum

winder,,if you ppl need more donations to get the new site up,,,let me know.....

gotta stand behind the people that have given us so much.

Over50

Best

WM

OBD Software
    Well, this just confirms the SOH/OFF forum is being shut down. That being the case, I want my $20 donation credited back to my credit card.....which I suspect has about as much chance of happening as hell freezing over.

This decision gives the word petty a whole new meaning...

gimpyguy
    And I was on my good behavior . . Life's a beach !!

Over50
    Quote Originally Posted by SITTINGDUCK View Post
    winder,,if you ppl need more donations to get the new site up,,,let me know.....

gotta stand behind the people that have given us so much.
    And me too!

Winder
    Just for the record - there is no ill feeling between OBD and SOH and there has been no PMs at all about any of this between OBD team members and SOH - we have found out about this as have all of you in the exact same way.

So yes its a nasty way to read about it and yes we are moving out ASAP.

But Since SOH threatened to close completely late last year we have been working on our own forum - we just did not expect the end to be this way!

Cheers

WM

KiloWolfhelm
    weaksauce...

Over50
    Just for the record - there is no ill feeling between OBD and SOH and there has been no PMs at all about any of this betwen OBD team members and SOH - we have found out about this as do all of you in the same way.

So yes its a nasty way to read about it and yes we are moving out ASAP.

But Since SOH threatened to close completely late last year we have been working on our own forum - we just did not expect the end to be this way!

Cheers

WM
    Again, if you need support for the web site operation you can count on me.

Blog Entries
    I have been over rulled
    Look What I Have Become!