Captain Sim Lockheed L-1011-1

Thread: Captain Sim Lockheed L-1011-1

Captain Sim Lockheed L-1011-1

I am using the excellent JF professional L-1011-500. I am now quite interested in Captain-sim's L-1011-1, however I have been unable to find out if you are ALWAYS required to start engines using the complete start procedures ([no quick-start (like Ctrl+E)]. Does anyone know the answer to this question? Fifty dollars is a lot of money to spend unless you know ALL the details. Best regards, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    I am using the excellent JF professional L-1011-500. I am now quite interested in Captain-sim's L-1011-1, however I have been unable to find out if you are ALWAYS required to start engines using the complete start procedures ([no quick-start (like Ctrl+E)]. Does anyone know the answer to this question? Fifty dollars is a lot of money to spend unless you know ALL the details. Best regards, Bill
    Well, from what I have experienced, the aircraft spawns with engines running. But if you stop the engines, Ctrl+E does not work. Weird. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Well, from what I have experienced, the aircraft spawns with engines running. But if you stop the engines, Ctrl+E does not work. Weird. NC
    Hi Chief,

From what I observed after 26 in, the Chiefs certainly ran the Nav,

Any other observations about the Captain Sim Tristar would be most welcome. As long as it comes up running and I can then change fuel and passenger load, I'm fine with that. Any thing else I should know? Bill

Starts only the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Chief,From what I observed after 26 in, the Chiefs certainly ran the Nav,Any other observations about the Captain Sim Tristar would be most welcome. As long as it comes up running and I can then change fuel and passenger load, I'm fine with that. Any thing else I should know? Bill
    I also noted that it came up running the first time I loaded it, however today it came up cold. Has anyone figured out how to make the aircraft usable? It's beautifully done, but why Captain Sim does not give it a quick start option is beyond me. They would sell a great number of them if they did!They don't even make it easy to figure out how to do the long (actual) start sequence. I flew professionally, but I sure am not willing to go through that very time I want to do a quick flight (couple of touch and go's etc.).If there is a solution to this issue - please tell me.Bill

Blog Entries
    It's a systems-simulation. That's just how it is. That said, it's not too hard.

You need to spend some time over on the FE station first, to get the APU, electrical, fuel, hydraulic, and other systems running. Lots of good videos out there, here's two I like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDFCvy9jyr8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHCTezEzCM8

I don't fly it much because it hits my system's FPS pretty hard, but it's a lovely sim I'll be keeping when I upgrade my system in a year or two. But it scratches the frequent itch I get to fly the Runway 13 curved approach.

dl

Members who have read this thread: 0