AI air traffic causing CTD's ?

Thread: AI air traffic causing CTD's ?

AI air traffic causing CTD's ?

it has been indicated on the official MSFS forum that the AI air traffic bgl's may have been simply cut and pasted from FSX - along with incorrect airport names, flight plans, etc...

if you want to test it - turn off AI air traffic or use 'Live Air Traffic' instead. Be sure to 'Apply and Save' the changes - then see if your flights are affected.

FWIW I played around with intercepting AI traffic using the MB-339 and noted some irregularities. One in particular involved a King Air flying across the Nevada desert like a smuggler at around 150' AGL miles from any airfield.
    Apparently there are examples from the bgl file of aircraft with bizarre assigned altitudes, flying to and from airports that do not exist in MSFS but did exist in FSX or prior.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: I would not recommend editing or changing the .bgl files this way!! Just turn off AI Traffic to test for CTD
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know if this test will show positive results for everyone but apparently the AI traffic issue is slated to be corrected by ASOBO 'shortly' as they have confirmed there is in fact a problem with it.

here is the discussion from the other forum
    Workaround for CTDs when using Offline AI Traffic - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
    Last edited by heywooood; January 24th, 2021 at 14:27.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I've only had one or two CDT's in the last couple of months, and I'm running the offline AI. Maybe it's because I'm doing relatively short flights, but I'll just keep on keeping on until Asobo can produce their fix.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0