This game never ceases to amaze me!

Thread: This game never ceases to amaze me!

Rick Rawlings

This game never ceases to amaze me!

Flying on a mission the other day when I came across two planes duking it out below me and figured I should check it out. Turns out a Camel and a DR1 were having a real dogfight. The german was obviously an ace from the bright coloration of his plane, and I suspect the Camel jockey was too from the way he was throwing that crate around. I thought about jumping in, but our boy seemed to have everything well under control, and as I am quite leery of mid-air collisions as of late, I just headed off to attack a German ballon. I'll throw a screen shot up when I get home and see if anyone can tell the pilots from their planes; the sense of a "living war" in this sim is as good as I've seen!

RR

Mk2
    Rick turn on labels next time for just a second and read the names. That would be cool if we could confirm a named ace versus a named ace dogfight with just computer AI.

Rick Rawlings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 View Post
    Rick turn on labels next time for just a second and read the names. That would be cool if we could confirm a named ace versus a named ace dogfight with just computer AI.
    Good Point, here's the picture. I think I figured out the German, but maybe someone can spot that smart chap in the Camel.

RR

p.s. seems EVERYONE loves OFF!!:woot:

Flame On!
    :ernae:
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX nForce 680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
    OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 800
    EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card

ivanmoe
    Last week, my alter-ego, Karl, was shot down over enemy territory and was captured. :help:

According to the OFF interface, he escaped fourteen days later.

When he got back to base, he was "promoted" from the Halberstadt to an Albatros DII. :d

Now there's some luck!

Gousgounis
    I sometimes put labels on for just a few seconds to see if I am fighting an ace. I encountered a guy named Gros flying an Alb DIII over Vimy Ridge during the big battle in April 1917. It was veery difficult to shoot him down. We were dogfighting for like 7 minutes. I shot him down and he crashed onto some trees. He also managed to put some bullets on my plane. It seems that these are real aces out there...