Bear Studios Mig-17

Thread: Bear Studios Mig-17

Bear Studios Mig-17

Hi Guys,I have a full set of Mig-15's and Mig-17's from Bear Studios. Unfortunately, only the Mig-17F is usable. It comes up running and will perform as intended. The other Mig-17 models load up and then spool down, needing a engine start. I do not have my start sequence any longer, and therefore can't accomplish a start successfully. Can any of you please send me the sequence? It wound be most appreciated. I no longer remember how I got the Mig-17F to come up running. I would REALLY appreciate knowing how do do that with my other Mig-17's.Bill (Wings of Gold)

Forgot it add (Mig-17F)

I am actually flying my Mig-17 in P3Dv4.5. I am asking the questions here in hope of finding a larger number of knowledgeable individuals. I am also going to post on the P3d side as well. Billl

I'm sure the process is the same in either FSX or P3D. On the left hand console (the angled portion) there are six switches in two rows of three. The front three from left to right are the fuel valve switch, the master and the ignition switch. Turn them on (forward). (The next three switches are for anti-ice and pitot heat.) Behind these six switches is a seventh, it toggles to the left. This is the starter switch. (You can also use the round red button to the right of the ignition switch.) Once the engine is spooling up look to the immediate right of the throttle There is a cylindrical red handle. This is the mixture lever (sounds odd on a jet) it needs to be full forward. Crack the throttle a smidge too and wait. Mine does kind of a hiccup when it starts (like it lights off and dies a few times) before it catches and runs on its own. Don' forget, if you're flying a Fresco variant with an afterburner you need to enable the pump or it wont work. On the aft left console are the flare buttons (yellow, green, red and white) the lone switch below them is the AB pump switch. Forward is on. All these apply to the MiG-15 as well (save the AB function). Happy Motoring!

Members who have read this thread: 0