WWII Scenery

Thread: WWII Scenery

Blog Entries

WWII Scenery

Dear team,

I've recently discovered Robert Sanderson's scenery that came with his Hurri II "Tin Opener" - wonderful stuff!

Any other non-British WWII scenery anyone would recommend? I say non-British, since I've got many of the UK airfields of the period - but something in France, Germany, North Africa, Malta, Burma, etc? Ships, land bases, etc. Anything.

Of course, I do have the marvellous Yanco carriers ... Also have the lovely Levi Sunderland voyage scenery - must have, if you haven't seen it over at The Old Hangar!

Thanks,

dl

'Salbani',India by Godfrey Tier at flightsim.com
    'Maskrider' CFS 2 scenery (plus the fs9 updates) for the Pacific Islands (here at outhouse)

ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey DL,

Do you have Operation Valkyrie?

I can post you the half off link if you are interested. Has a ton of AI traffic, all German airfields, some North Africa fields, etc. From military to civilian airports.

No worries if youre not interested, but just a heads up. Seems like no one does WWII German airfields. They were pretty unique, very modern looking.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Blog Entries
    Thanks Pete, will check them out.

LH - duh, forgot totally about OV. I just may have to pick that up. Maybe later this week. Preview movie looks cool!!!

dl

Charter Member 2016
    Operation Valkryie is very much worth the money and the scenery is superb! Go for it!
    You might also try the Donationware Corsair package, which has some very nice island scenery...
    Then there is Golden Hawaii and the Goose scenery packages by Bill Lyons - pre-WWII, but not by much - maybe late thirties?
    And, finally, go for the MAAM-SIM B-25 and TBM/TBF scenery. The scenery associated with the B-25 is freely downloadable, but you must donate the money for the TBM/TBF plane/scenery package to the MAAM to use the amazing MAAM-SIM USS Langly carrier!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

I would love to see the Operation Valkyrie, can you provide a link for it? thank, new here, but would love to see more of WWII esp Germany as a cousin of mine Hauptmann Heinrich Gerlach, was General Student's personal pilot and flew Mussolini out of Italy ....on what was quite an adventurous flight.

Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    There is a nice Fassberg airbase somewhere - can't remember where, I think it was Avsim

Blog Entries
    Thanks all.

Bill, I'm tempted to spring for OV. Is there a comprehensive AI network for it? As in, if I'm flying around Egypt, Italy, Libya, am I likely to stumble across some of the aircraft featured in the video?

thanks!

dl

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey DL,

There is AI over the airfields connecting with them, also with some surrounding area's and yep, in Africa also, but mainly around the bases only and crossing over the channel to Italy making shipments and all with the Gigants and the Heinkel He111's.

For locals, there are Me109's patroling.

Link; www.lionheartcreations.com/Operation_Valkyrie

:ernae:

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    Some screenshots by the infamous Nick Churchill..

There is a Berlin airbase, then Templehoff (rough, not the greatest) but with alot of Junkers flying airline and military routes. Eggersdorf (Berlin, just East of Templehof) is also a training base, so groups of Bucker Bestmann planes doing practice Sorti's.

Mariensiel civilian airport, near the U-Boot high command in North West Germany.

A smaller Civilian airfield in the south of Germany, in Freiburg, with a glider airport on a mountain top near there.

Then an airbase in Southern Italy, 2 small civilian village airstrips also in Italy, (central), 2 airbases in North Africa, one tank battalian (however thats spelled) in Africa, along with a downed Me-109 that you can do searches for.

oops.. and a secret Komet airbase outside of Stuttgart.

I couldnt get my Komets to fly in the AI for some reason.. Must have been some sort of glitch.

I also did a model of about a dozen He-111's that fly AI from Germany to England, but I couldnt get that working either. The 'model' is enourmous, lol.. so I figure it had issues taking off from the little airports I assigned it too. Cool site though when you catch it in flight. (I think I had it in the 'production' package..

Here is the PayPal half off sales link if you decide to get it.

http://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=601279

Puts it at $10.95 I believe.

Bill

Charter Member 2016
    Operation Valkryie is a steal at full price - I'd jump on this if I were you!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Lightbulb

This is a bit of a grab-bag DL, but quite a number of these are worth tracking down.
    If I could remember where they all came from it would help but it's been a while ........
    'GW3 Poland' is well worth the search, while it is pre-1939 the areas covered could easily pass for WWII.
    'Tinian' is another unusual (and older) but worthwhile addition.
    And yes, I've added any RAF bases that appeared in my quick and dirty backup search .......

Calais Luftwaffe Fighter Field Battle of Britain
    KSAC-Sutterville Aerodrome Sacramento, CA c1936
    Schweiz Landclass
    Schwenz Vintage Airstrip
    Stinson Field - KSSF in the 1930s
    Tarawa Fleets&Missions Pack
    Tinian
    GW3 Bowness-on-Windermere Seaplane Base
    GW3 Carrier Division Two off Cape Cod
    GW3 Golden Hawaii
    GW3 Houston Municipal Airport KHOU c1940
    GW3 Poland
    GW3 Twinwood Farm Airfield
    GW3 1935 Key Largo
    GW3 Crestview KCEW
    GW3 Cross City Florida KCTY
    GW3 Heathrow-Feltham-Heston
    GW3 Los Hornos Mexico Airstrip
    GW3 Nugent Sawmill Maine
    GW 3 Barakoma
    RAF Biggin Hill 1940
    RAF Bradwell Bay
    RAF Coningsby
    RAF Croydon 1940
    RAF Down Ampney 1944
    RAF Fiskerton 1944
    RAF Hawkinge 1940
    RAF Manston 1935
    RAF Polebrook
    RAF Woodhall Spa 1944
    Stinson Field KSSF 1930
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    Thanks all!

Lion - will pick it up this weekend!

Wombat - many thanks. A good number of those were familiar - but there a few I'll have to check out. Some real gems there I hadn't seen before.

cheers,

dl

Lionheart, that's some awful impressive scenery. And at a steal of a price!! I just drooled on my lap :d

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Lionheart, that's some awful impressive scenery. And at a steal of a price!! I just drooled on my lap :d
    Yep. I agree.

The static and AI a/c make it one of my favorite scenery additions. :amen:

--WH

SOH-CM-2014
    Nice Junkers, WH!

Cool screenshots.. I recall Henry using my scenery only to bomb and shoot everything in site.

lol.....

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 7