Drzewiecki Design Chicago Landmarks payware

Thread: Drzewiecki Design Chicago Landmarks payware

SOH-CM-2024

Drzewiecki Design Chicago Landmarks payware

The videos and screen shots of this looked fantastic and I have Drzewiecki's Washington, DC Landmarks, which does super. But for some reason, this package is self installed to the Community folder, but it makes my MSFS 2020 CTD. I delete the install and MSFS is as stable as always. Have any of you paid $20.00 for this and experienced the same misfortune? I like the guy's work, but something in that package is structured in a way my MSFS 2020 does not like.

Cazzie

I don't think I've heard anything about this package either way. They have a support forum you can try, or there's always the "official" forum if you bought it from the Marketplace.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I don't think I've heard anything about this package either way. They have a support forum you can try, or there's always the "official" forum if you bought it from the Marketplace.
    Thanks Tom, I'll try. I installed it again this morning and it CTD. Had to do a Restart to Delete it from the Community folder, it kept saying the program was operating in another program. Duh, yeah, it's operating in MSFS, but MSFS is not operating due to it. Here's the odd deal after install this morn. Before the CTD I kept getting those old Press Any Key To Start windows. After the Restart, I was able to kick the mod out and then opened MSFS and took a flight from Loury Lester to KDAN with not one hassle, averaged 30 FPS the entire way. I'm probably going to remove the Tampa Vegas mod too. It works okay, but God Almighty is it a frame eater. I go down to 9 FPS at night with it, no good. Heck, I can fly in NYC or DC and get 25 FPS.

After the last update/patch I cannot install any third party scenery without getting CTD and an unbearable increase of loading time. When I remove the addons all turns out to be "normal" again. I did two full reinstalls this week and I still hope for any upcomming updates to fix this issue.

For now I fly without additional scenery. Livery addons donīt have any impact as it seems.

So maybe itīs a MSFS issue on your system instead of a specific addon problem...

Regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

SOH-CM-2024
    So far that's the only scenery add-on I have put in that has given me a CTD. Even Tampa Vegas installed and works well, but it's a frame killer, especially at night. I get very good FPS even in NYC and DC with Drzewiecki's landmarks, lower than flying in rural areas, but still 25 FPS is not that bad in a flight sim providing it is steady streaming. There's just too much junk in Tampa Vegas, pretty eye candy, but not worth the loss of FPS. The scenery I did for Danville regional Airport in Danville, VA works well in either structure I had. I restructured the folder to better match the tier Asobo and Blackshark use.

Cazzie

Alex, I have the free Paderborn and paid London Landmarks addons from the Marketplace, along with some small free airports and some gauge and performance upgrade packages. None of them have caused any crash issues. Try putting back 2-3 addons at a time and launching the program. I'm betting it's just one addon that's causing the issue.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks Tom,

the payware airports - Düsseldorf, Paderborn (free), St.Tropez - donīt give me any trouble indeed. Will try "the step by step installation" of my addons. But since I use many it will take time. Funny thing is the steep increase of sim- and flight loading time whenever I put just a few scenery addons in my community folder.

Another culprit causing CTDs infight might be the ATC, I turned the ATC voices off and things feel better for now.

As always with MS flightsimulators itīs a long way:-)))

Regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

Members who have read this thread: 0