The Salmson 2A2 models now ready for download

Thread: The Salmson 2A2 models now ready for download

Almost done

The Salmson 2A2 is almost ready to go. Four slightly different A/C; two American and two French. All I have left to finish is the damage profile development, so in a week or so I'll have a Christmas present to post for the WWI enthusiasts here.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 91st AS.jpg   1st AS.jpg   SAL 40.jpg   SAL 18.jpg  
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Library Staff
    Magnificent! Thank you Santa!

Oh WONDERFUL!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

This looks fantastic, thank you for all of your hard work on this aircraft model!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Wow! Great work Kurt.

Hard to believe that this is your first. She looks magnificent

Wonderfull Kurt, I look forward to find her in my slippers

Martin

Really nice looking AC. Looking forward to it.

Thanks a bunch,
    B24Guy

Salmson 2A2 1st Aero Squadron USAS

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: Salmson 2A2 WWI French / American reconnaissance biplace, 1st Aero Squadron, USAS American Expeditionary Force, France 1918

The model, textures. panel and air files are by Captain Kurt. The pilot figures were developed from Wolfi's freeware Japanese pilot .fsc source file. The prop spinning texture is by Kelticheart. RIP Kelti, you are still contributing.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Salmson 2A2 1st Aero Squadron USAS
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Salmson 2A2 91st Aero Sqd USAS

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: Salmson 2A2 WWI French / American reconnaissance biplace, 91st Aero Squadron, USAS American Expeditionary Force, France 1918

The model, textures. panel and air files are by Captain Kurt. The pilot figures were developed from Wolfi's freeware Japanese pilot .fsc source file. The prop spinning texture is by Kelticheart. RIP Kelti, you are still contributing.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Salmson 2A2 91st Aero Sqd USAS

Salmson 2A2 French Escadrille SAL 18

Description: Salmson 2A2 WWI French / American reconnaissance biplace, French Escadrille SAL 18, France 1918

The model, textures, panel and air files are by Captain Kurt. The pilot figures were developed from Wolfi's freeware Japanese pilot .fsc source file. The prop spinning texture is by Kelticheart. RIP Kelti, you are still contributing.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Salmson 2A2 French Escadrille SAL 18

Salmson 2A2 French Escadrille SAL 40

Description: Salmson 2A2 WWI French / American reconnaissance biplace, French Escadrille SAL 40, France 1918

The model, textures, panel and air files are by Captain Kurt. The pilot figures were developed from Wolfi's freeware Japanese pilot .fsc source file. The prop spinning texture is by Kelticheart. RIP Kelti, you are still contributing.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Salmson 2A2 French Escadrille SAL 40

The Salmson 2A2 models now ready for download

Hi all

Here are my first modeling efforts, the WWI French / American Salmson 2A2, a 2 seater reconnaissance plane that played a major part in the last year of the "Great War"

It's not perfect but for a first shot, I think it turned out pretty well. I learned a lot about FSDS 2.24 methods and techniques - some of which I will use next time but didn't know any better at this point. Ah well. It's not perfect but for a first shot, I think it turned out pretty well. I paid attention to a lot of details but I have to say the rigging finally defeated my patience and I didn't get the attach points as detailed as I would have liked. Maybe on a next effort? The Complex cowling was a lot of fun. Ha!

There are 4 slightly different versions. The differences being in equipment; machine guns, generators and pennants.

British Lewis machine guns and Scarff ring

French manufactured Darne / Lewis machine guns and Scarff ring

1st Aero Squadron, USAS, American Expeditionary Force

91st Aero Squadron, USAS, American Expeditionary Force

French Escadrille SAL 18

French Escadrille SAL 40
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cowl.jpg   Lewis.jpg   Darne.jpg   1st AS.jpg   91st AS.jpg   SAL 18.jpg  

SAL 40.jpg  
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Not Perfect?

I'm not sure what perfect would look like, but this set looks excellent. A lovely model of an important plane.

Congratulations Captain!

Those lovely four planes are a total success, and a pleasure to fly

Best regards
    Martin

Congratulations Captain! Excellent work

Those detailed Lewis machine guns............ !!!!!!

They look great! Thank you so much!!!

Wonderful detailing. Just wonderful!
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Seriously good work CK - I am hugely impressed

Looks great!

I have never flown any WW1 aircraft in CFS2. May be I should down load a set of WW1 aircraft and see if I like it better than WW2 aircraft.

Great work CK, wonderful plane and an impressive attention to detail...

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Even though I'm having fun with FSDS, it's a good reward for the hours of work it takes to make a model.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Members who have read this thread: 2