Campaigns "Too many wingmen lost..."

Thread: Campaigns "Too many wingmen lost..."

Campaigns "Too many wingmen lost..."

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off, or change the annoying "Too many wingmen lost during this campaign" that comes up and then ends the campaign?

This just seems to be an annoying and ridiculous feature built in to CFS2

Go to the cfs2 PILOTLOG folder, find the file for your pilot and open it with notepad. croll down to and change the number of wingmen lost. I don't know how to turn this function off. You will pobably need to do this with long campaigns like the USS Essex CV9 Campaign.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Go to the cfs2 PILOTLOG folder, find the file for your pilot and open it with notepad. croll down to and change the number of wingmen lost. I don't know how to turn this function off. You will pobably need to do this with long campaigns like the USS Essex CV9 Campaign.

Thanks - I'll try that!

Paul Henshed produced a bunch of check utilities for the dynamic campainge generator system,s , and
    one of those was an Ai promoter app , that you run from desktop , probably , step,s up the skill
    level to help out --

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg Willy View Post
    Paul Henshed produced a bunch of check utilities for the dynamic campainge generator system,s , and
    one of those was an Ai promoter app , that you run from desktop , probably , step,s up the skill
    level to help out --

Thanks, -yes I've seen that one but not tried it out yet. - Sometimes you can understand how pilots in WW2 might have actually shot down their own side, out of sheer frustration!! I bet it probably happened as well.

That worked fine, thanks. Seems the "lost wingmen" limit is 12. the Guadalcanal and Bataan campaigns can get to this quite easily, and probably also the Khalkhin Gol campaign with so many aircraft in the sky and lots of missions.

Quote Originally Posted by RWILLS View Post
    That worked fine, thanks. Seems the "lost wingmen" limit is 12. the Guadalcanal and Bataan campaigns can get to this quite easily, and probably also the Khalkhin Gol campaign with so many aircraft in the sky and lots of missions.
    Yes, I'm up to mission 8 and have lost 9... will reset before my next mission to 2 or 3 lost.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

What a handy tip. I'm adding this thread to my tips index. Many thanks SW.

Members who have read this thread: 1