First Experiences...

Thread: First Experiences...

Buckner

First Experiences...

Hi Everyone,

What a great experience Between Heaven and Hell has been over the past few hours... I received the disk yesterday and did not get a chance to load it until early this morning.

Even on my low end machine the graphics look great. The immersion level is incredible and I am astounded by the increased historical aspect of the sim.

Unfortunately my German Pilot of FFA 32 lasted only about 20 minutes into my first campaign as I collided with a wingman as we followed our flight lead into an engagement with allied aircraft. Being so intent on what was going on, I mistakingly flew into the pilot to my left. No programming error, it was all my fault.:faint:

I don't have the experience yet that y'all do, but first impressions are that the design team have created something fantastically special with their work.

Thank you for your efforts.

Buckner

Cpt.Kremmen
    Well. Thats one way to do it.
    On my first mission I lost rest of the flight and got killed by 3 Bristol Scouts:amen:
    My next pilot, of course, banked too deep and too low :amen:

etc...

Rickitycrate

Hi Buckner!

Welcome to our little world. I'm not surprised that you are enjoying the sim. Something new happens for me everyday in OFF. Mid-air crashes being one of them of course. The forum is very helpful and there is much to be gleaned from reading Gimpyguys OFF Tips sticky thread. If you have questions smarter minds than mine, fortunately, will help you get things sorted. Have fun and keep 'em flying!

Rickitycrate

Hi Capt. Kremmen

Welcome aboard sir! Tough going your first times out I see. One thing to consider is using the tactical display or "radar", shift T, and then press T to toggle what is displayed ie. I have it show only aircraft. You can better see your squad mates and the enemy and also the direction to the next waypoint is at the twelve o'clock position. Have fun and give 'em 'ell!

Parky

The Buck Stops Here.....lol

Welcome back!!!!!

Thought you'd moved to another planet.

Good to see you're still up there with the sun at your back.

Cheers Mate,

Parky

Somewhere Over The Somme
    Quote Originally Posted by Parky View Post
    Welcome back!!!!!

Thought you'd moved to another planet.

Good to see you're still up there with the sun at your back.

Cheers Mate,

Parky
    seconded...good to see you back Buckner and glad you're having fun with P3.

Don't you be such a stranger now!

Rick Rawlings
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckner View Post

Unfortunately my German Pilot of FFA 32 lasted only about 20 minutes into my first campaign as I collided with a wingman as we followed our flight lead into an engagement with allied aircraft. Being so intent on what was going on, I mistakingly flew into the pilot to my left. No programming error, it was all my fault.:faint:
    You're in for an awesome ride, but, dude, don't even get me started about mid-air collisions!

RR

Bullethead
    Welcome aboard! New guy buys the drinks! :ernae:
    This is an excellent sim, one of the best I've ever seen, and certainly the best in its genre. So don't let all the gripes in various threads fool you. Actually, the guys doing the griping are the biggest fans, but they think they can convince the devs to make the game even better than it already is.

Don't worry. What'll soon happen is that you'll become so immersed and engrossed and engorged by OFF that soon you'll be griping as much as the old-timers here .

Members who have read this thread: 0