Video capture options

Thread: Video capture options

Video capture options

There have been a few over the years.

The first one I remember using was fraps,free version you could record for 5 minutes.The paid version was unlimited and it didn't say fraps in the video.

Next I got the free version of Bandicam,with this you got 10 minutes of recording and like fraps it the video it had the name of the program in it.
    The paid version was about $40 and no name of the program in the video.

I now use OBS ( Online Broadcasting System ).Best part is it is free and you can make as long as you want.You ban stream online or just record to your computer.It takes a little bit of time to setup but worth it.I have recorded online movies with it so I can watch at a later date or out them on a DVD.I have also recorded videos of games which I have uploaded to youtube.

There are tutorials on youtube to set it up.

So if you want to record your games I gave you some options.

TheBookie

Thanks TheBookie. I am using the payware version of FRAPS for several years now and no issues with any Windows versions.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Thanks TheBookie. I am using the payware version of FRAPS for several years now and no issues with any Windows versions.
    Shadow Wolf,

I have the payware version of Fraps also but use OBS now.There are more options with it and it records in MP4 Format and you can pick the screen resolution you want to record and can even use your CAM so you're are in the video.

https://obsproject.com/
    I will give a shout out for OBS, I have been using using it to record games for awhile now . Its free and the latest version 26 now has screenshot feature built in and its a long overdue addition.

Members who have read this thread: 0