nv4_disp CTD in campaign

Thread: nv4_disp CTD in campaign

Dirk98

nv4_disp CTD in campaign

Guys, I get repetitive CTD in campaign when about crossing the no man land. I get black screen and 'nv4 display' error (FPS are stable all the way to CTD). It never happens in quick combat. My video card is 8800GT, driver 169.21. I never saw this error before. Most of the game settings are @4, clouds @3.

Btw, I never installed CFS3, just used the CD when it was requested. I'm not sure now if the version of the exe I have on my CFS3 CD is correct, in the properties it says: version 3.1.0.30203.

I'm on WinXP SP2, game patch 1.25 applied, OS language tweaks applied. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dirk.

Winder
    Dirk I had exactly that in my CTDs with OFF on my new PC that has just now been set up - also other random memory corruptions - trees etc.

It turned out to be a Faulty Dimm....

HTH

WM

Dirk98
    I played with 4:3 aspect in campaign, since changing it back to 16:10 the game is ok so far. Flying campaign.

Dirk.

Dirk98
    The 'aspect' reference in my post above was misleading. Winder was right pointing at RAM as a possible culprit. Finally I had to notch down from 4.4Ghz ovc to 4.3Ghz and that fully cured the problem. I was confused by nv4 display error. But it was all RAM problem. Indeed, in my specific configuration in highly overclocked condition RAM is prone to errors under stress which OFF3 offers a lot (turns out more than FSX @ high).

For those who are serious about overclocking your systems pls note the following:

just a reminder: neither Prime nor Orthos have the capability of fully testing the stability of an overclocked Intel system anymore. The only tool that can really fully load a (modern, Core based) Intel system is the "IntelBurnTest", which essentially is a wrapper around Intels internal "Linpack" processor test.
    Give it a try here:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/IntelBur...load-2047.html
    But be prepared for higher temperatures than you have seen with Prime/Orthos! +5 or +10 degrees celisius is not uncommon.

Members who have read this thread: 0