Wombat and others - there is a texture mod available for the L188 done for FSX by Paul Craig. He re-did all the common textures with a new set of DDS files it is then just a matter of cleaning out some of the duplicates that appear in a lot of textures by various painters to clean up the shadowing etc. A little trial and error for individual repaints but it cures a lot of the dirty looking texture problems and provides you with a much cleaner paint job as well. I found some of bump and spec textures once deleted actually helped as well. A lot of the paint jobs about such as the Varig Electra and the Ansett ANA paint, also included various VC textures for the night lighting, there are quite a few and you can get quite nice night lighting from some of them, I think the TAA HD gives me the nearest real night VC look (compared to a video of a Reeve Aleutian flight I found on the net) better than the shocking pink of the original KBT. Fabio Cabral paints have the best aluminium work for engines etc.

I also have a different sound package (The P-3 one is good) and work on the gauges VC goes on slowly. I am away from my PC for next few weeks but will post what I think are all the essential files and subsequent mods that get this one running quite well in P3DV5. The VC and guages, switches etc is another issue. So far we have got the panel more authentic (not many changes actually) and the overhead starter switch and button sorted. Lot more to be done, the electrics- autopilot guage interface is a challenge!