KBT update to L-188?

Thread: KBT update to L-188?

Hybrid View

KBT update to L-188?

I’ve noticed that KBT did an update to their P-3C package not that long ago to bring it up to P3D v4 standard. Has anyone heard if they are considering doing the same for their L-188 Electra? In addition, it would be wonderful if they also decided to release a layered paint kit for it.

Kent

Haven't seen any L-188 for P3D yet. Here is link to one of KBT sites no Electras listed for P3D https://viperhiro.wordpress.com/category/p-3c-orion/

Yep...I was at that link Friday, and that is what I saw that started to make me hopeful they might do the same with the Electra. I’ve been looking for a proper, layered paint kit for the Electra, to include reaching out to some painters who had done repaints of the bird. I keep getting the same answer “Look for a repaint that is close to what you want, and then just modify the texture...”. I know a few months ago, Eurostar350 was looking for a paint kit as well...it looks like to no avail...

Kent

Blog Entries
    This was done for personal use. Since there is no way to get ahold of the developers, it remains idle on my hard drive. If I could get their permission, I'll release it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-9-8_2-51-52-472.jpg  

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Love it! I’m guessing you converted the MDL to P3D and found a paint kit? Love the Electra (especially passenger variants) and would love an undated model and paint kit...hope the Team KBT folks link up with you!

Looks gorgeous!

Kent

Blog Entries
    She has PBR materials and updated propeller textures, no paintkit though sadly which is what I'm after.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

P3D V4.5

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    P3D V4.5

Tease! Looks nice....I've been flying the FSX variant in P3D v5.1...

Kent

Well this one continues to be a real head banger. Happened to be having an Eastern Airlines 1960's fleet fest, saw this thread, so decided to "rediscover" the KBT Electra.

BendyFlyer - you hit the nail on the head. She is a case of "so close, yet so far." Great looking external model and VC (one of them at least) and nice flight handeling. The gauge/switch operability is a mess. Lights and AP are almost fixable but the show stopper for me is that in P3D4.5 HF3 I cannot get the engines to manually start using the Electra VC and panel - I can get #1 to light but the rotary switch is disabled and the four starter switches ahead of the throttles do not move. Not even Ctrl + E works.

This is not the case interestingly when I borrow the P-3C VC and panel and merge these with the Electra exterior models (just really need to change the eyepoint to adjust for the fuselage length difference). With the P-3C panel, the four small starter switches will move and you can start each engine normally. BUT the P-3 panel does not look correct or nearly as good as the Electra VC - the pop up overhead and main panels have eye-crossingly low res textures with unreadable switch labels. Also tried the Michael Pook panel and mods and no difference or improvement with these either. But as you rightly point out, you cannot easily swap in generic gauges in the ususal way to fix these various anamolies as they must be somehow tied into the models.

Scorch - by the way very nice work on your recent tanker models and textures and thanks for generously sharing them! As above, I could only start engine #1. Ctrl + E also does not work. Curious to know how you get all the engines going in P3Dv4? Be very exciting to find a breakthrough here . .

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi ColoKent! Would you possibly have a link to the updated KBT P-3 for V4.4? Thanks, NC

Chief, I would be happy to send the P3D v4.4 version to you— if I had it. I’m still using the FSX version without the updates mentioned in the beginning of the thread. Like others, I have not found a paint kit, and my VC has the limitations mentioned above.

Here’s to hoping that one of the two guys from Team KBT see this thread and grant permission for the guys doing the mods to release their work...I’m hopeful because they granted Scorch permission to make mods and do the air tanker variants (I like the passenger variant best, myself, so their permission would be most welcome...).

Sorry to tell you I’m one of those waiting too...

Best,

Kent

Kent, I think I found the correct version. Thanks for your offer though! Chief

In P3D4.5.
    Straight off my backup drive after a few tweaks (which I can't remember) from way back.
    Most things work to my satisfaction, the odd externals that need a makeover are minor except for the props, they are rather naff, and sorting out the switches across the variations.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

P3D 4.5 at KMEM - IMHO, Props look close to that in pic of real plane

Real deal:

Last edited by gray eagle; December 16th, 2020 at 13:39.

Members who have read this thread: 3