There's a new Dragon in the skys [Released to SOH 18 Sep 21] - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: There's a new Dragon in the skys [Released to SOH 18 Sep 21]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Interesting. No problems with the throttles here, both work fine using click-and-drag, mouse wheel or hardware throttles.
    I think it only affects single throttle lever joysticks or the CH Yoke with built-in quadrant which I use - these are mapped to the JOYSTICK L - Z AXIS command.

I've tried your mods, but in doing so I loose the ability to click and drag the throttles, or use the mouse wheel, so I'm afraid I can't recommend them.
    Looking in the SDK, the commands "AXIS_THROTTLE1_DECR_SMALL" etc are not listed, although neither is the original "THROTTLE1_DECR_SMALL"
    "THROTTLE1_DECREASE_SMALL_EX1" seems to be the correct command now, have you tried that?

I've tried your mods, but in doing so I loose the ability to click and drag the throttles, or use the mouse wheel, so I'm afraid I can't recommend them.
    Looking in the SDK, the commands "AXIS_THROTTLE1_DECR_SMALL" etc are not listed, although neither is the original "THROTTLE1_DECR_SMALL"
    "THROTTLE1_DECREASE_SMALL_EX1" seems to be the correct command now, have you tried that?
    I also lose the ability to click and drag the throttles with the AXIS_ commands, I hadn't checked that to be honest because I only use the throttle lever on my CH Yoke.

I tried the "THROTTLE1_DECREASE_SMALL_EX1" for throttle 1 and "THROTTLE2_DECREASE_SMALL_EX1" for throttle 2 in the vc.xml and reverted the Rapide.xml back to original; no throttle lever response again unfortunately.
    I think the Rapide.xml <EventID>THROTTLE1_SET</EventID> command responds to mouse and keyboard F2-F3 only and disregards lever movement.

After changing all the throttle sections to match the mixture sections (which work perfectly with mouse, keyboard and lever axis), it seems that the key events "THROTTLE1" and "THROTTLE2" can't respond to a single lever axis which is mapped to all throttles.
    By removing the numbers 1 and 2 from each key event, the lever axis works along with the mouse and keyboard; however the mouse moves both throttles at once.

Hi Dave, I finally found a cure for this on the flightsimulator.com SDK forums (while looking for something else of course). It's a small section of code to add to the vc.xml (or interior.xml in other aircraft) in the model folder:

Scroll down to the <Behaviors> section and add this code:

<Include Path="Asobo\Common.xml"/>
    <Component ID="ENGINE">
    <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_ENGINE_Lever_Throttle_Template">
    <ID>1</ID>
    <PART_ID>ENGINE_LEVER_Throttle_1</PART_ID>
    </UseTemplate>
    <ID>2</ID>
    <PART_ID>ENGINE_LEVER_Throttle_2</PART_ID>
    </UseTemplate>
    </Component>

Save and close vc.xml, and the throttle lever animations are now working again. This works with up to 4 levers, as below:

<Include Path="Asobo\Common.xml"/>
    <Component ID="ENGINE">
    <ID>1</ID>
    <PART_ID>ENGINE_LEVER_Throttle_1</PART_ID>
    </UseTemplate>
    <ID>2</ID>
    <PART_ID>ENGINE_LEVER_Throttle_2</PART_ID>
    </UseTemplate>
    <ID>3</ID>