My First Custom Paint Attempt

Thread: My First Custom Paint Attempt

My First Custom Paint Attempt

Salute All,

I have sorted out how to use the DXTBmp program, (Woo Hoo!), and followed Gousgounis' "Beginner's Guide to Aircraft Repainting", and actually ended up with a not-too-bad first OFF paint job. I started with my favorite plane, the Camel, and added a pair of wide blue top wing stripes and color-coordinated wheel spats and rudder, then finished up with a snazzy billboard on the sides of the fuselage. Once you know the tricks, it is every bit as easy to paint planes in this sim as it is in RB3D. I like it!

The "A" next to the lion is for Albertson as my virtual pilot name is often Nels Albertson or Louvert Albertson.

Cheers!

Lou

Mk2
    Pretty cool, can you up-load it at www.combatace.com and be the first file in the new mod section?

A review will be posted at the site in the next week or so and it would be nice to have some files in that section to show the others that skins can be created (might promote more sales for OFF).

Combatace is not for profit and simply exsist to promote combat flight sims and preserve the work of modders.

Very nice job. I like it a lot.

Bullethead
    Bravo! Good job

UK_Widowmaker
    Nice one m8!:ernae: