A cry for help thread TrackIR4/X52

Thread: A cry for help thread TrackIR4/X52

peterjh

A cry for help thread TrackIR4/X52

This is a cry for help from anyone who uses the Saitek X52 controller and also Track Ir4.
    Track IR4 uses F12 and F9 on the keyboard to centralize and cancel the working of Track IR4 if you need a momentary clear unwobbly view.
    Reaching for the F9 key and the F12 key is frequently out of reach.
    Does anyone know JUST HOW to program the X52 so that the abovementioned F12 and F9 functions are UNDER a button on either of the X52 controllers? This will give me immediate access and with OFF3 (or OFF2) and should make an awful difference to my war effort!!
    I have the SST programming booklet proper to the Saitek but it makes no mention of functions outside the main flight simulator being employed.

gimpyguy
    I've got that X52 all beat to hell ( Private Opinion )
    In my right hand a Saitek Forcefeedback stick, in my left a Logitech Gaming Key Board ( 18 programable keys )

You run a better chance of finding an X52 user, on the other forum
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...splay.php?f=62

AS of Late this place resembles a Ghost Town :ernae:

Bonestorm
    'Cos we're all in P3 doubleGee, don'tya'know???

peterjh
    Cheers Gimpy and Bonestorm, guess I stuck it on the wrong forum .....doh...

SITTINGDUCK

trackir

hi,,sure,,

hopefully the pick will be attached to this..

Attachment 78256

click on the change button for center,,and hit whatever key you want to use for center,,,either on the joystick,,,or on the keyboard,,just make sure that the trap button is deselcted,,,

trap means pretty much just that,,if it is selected,,then trackir prohibites any other software running to use that key...which is why you cant program a joystick button to f9 or f12 if they are trapped..

any other questions,,dont hesitate to pm me

Duce Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjh View Post
    This is a cry for help from anyone who uses the Saitek X52 controller and also Track Ir4.
    Track IR4 uses F12 and F9 on the keyboard to centralize and cancel the working of Track IR4 if you need a momentary clear unwobbly view.
    Reaching for the F9 key and the F12 key is frequently out of reach.
    Does anyone know JUST HOW to program the X52 so that the abovementioned F12 and F9 functions are UNDER a button on either of the X52 controllers? This will give me immediate access and with OFF3 (or OFF2) and should make an awful difference to my war effort!!
    I have the SST programming booklet proper to the Saitek but it makes no mention of functions outside the main flight simulator being employed.
    Peter,

If I understand you right, you want to use the X52 to perform TIR Re-Center and Cancel?

If so, I don't recommend that you try this with the Saitek SST software

Just open the TIR Software, Select the Function you want, and then press whatever Button on the X52 you'd like to Map

I'm sorry, I'm at work, so I can't give you details on what TIR Tabs or Buttons to hit, etc.
    It's been so long since I programmed my TIR, I can't remember the details

HTH,