Is it possible to reset the Default flight in MSFS

Thread: Is it possible to reset the Default flight in MSFS

Is it possible to reset the Default flight in MSFS

I've accidentally broken MSFS by deleting the aircraft that loads up as the default - it was set to a test project of mine, but I don't recall the exact name and cannot recreate it, however when loading MSFS I get to the Mount Fuji screen and the progress bar stops half way.

In FSX there was a default flight - I'm assuming something similar exists for MSFS but I cannot find it!!

All suggestions appreciated (except redownloading )

As far as I know, there is no "default flight" in MSFS 2020.

The sim normally opens to the "Welcome Screen" where you choose to go to the World Map, Marketplace, Options, etc.

If you go to the World Map, normally you should see the last aircraft you flew waiting in the selection box. If you had deleted that aircraft, maybe that could cause the freeze you are seeing.

Good luck getting MSFS back to life!

It should swap to one of the other aircraft automatically in the event that the last aircraft you used is no longer accessible in the sim. Mine likes to default back to the Caravan or the TBM.

I was having this exact issue last night while trying to convert a Legacy aircraft. I don't know what it is about one of the many cfg's I edited but MSFS did not like it and would refuse to launch so long as that aircraft was in my community folder. Even if that aircraft wasn't the one it was trying to load initially, it would still CTD before hitting the main menu.

If your project aircraft is still in your community folder, try removing it and see if that solves the issue.

Yes it turned out to be a flight_model.cfg of a legacy aircraft - can't see why, but removing that made it work.....

I wish it would give you errors rather than just locking up!

That's kinka like when I tried to get it to read an old ini style pln file from FS9. Unlike FSX, which would read both that and xml, this one just gets you a CTD when you try to load one.

Holy crap that's a lot of abbreviations and acronyms in one post. I must be suffering from SAOD (Severe Acronym Overload Disorder).
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I must be suffering from SAOD (Severe Acronym Overload Disorder).
    Yes. I think that's probably the correct "initial" diagnosis. :-)

Members who have read this thread: 0