CFS3 Battle of Britain Install update is out! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CFS3 Battle of Britain Install update is out!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    @ Daiwilletti. David, what's your opinion on installing BoB Alpha and MkI over your CFS3standard plus? I am thinking it might be an improvement , but on the other hand, the BoB install might remove a lot of those improvements?

I was looking at the preload xml to see what was involved. Seems to be all dds files, mainly effect related ones. What exactly can go in there?
    Hi James, I think you are right, the Mk1 package would overwrite some files. I think better to put in some judiciously-selected files into the finished BoB Mk1 install.

I would stick in the master effects xml, all the weapons from my favourite install (so as to include tracer effects), and Ankors shaders. For those inclined as per Rince33, a quick trip to the Assets folder for whatever scenrey they like, will take a bit longer. However I like what Pat Pattle (Clive) is doing with photo scenery, I think that has legs and can continue to develop.

I also put in a bundle of files from the Assets folder which are common across most of my installs - things like meshbuilderbudgets, landclass.xml, scenery and texture budgets. And of course my tweaked uisel.xml in the Appdata pathway for campaign purposes. (only for the few with a taste for campaigns.

As for the preload.xml I have a lot of versions floating around - I think there is one specifically to go with Ankors shaders? Did MajorMagee do it?

FWIW

Have the dynamic reticles working again. The gunsight entries, from the shaders install, were missing in the effects.xml.

Bob

Aircraft Vapour Trails.

I note these were not added. Here are the xdps for most if not all relevant aircraft. There are one or two aircraft's xdp files of aircraft you may not have but I think you might need for some of the missions. These are from the ETO install and AFAIK putting just those xdp files in the install will not matter. In any case you can just check the files to see what's there. I may upload this to the Warbirds Library at a later date when the trials of the 'Fighter Command' voice app from sdsbolt is complete and I have added those F.C. aircraft to the install and added the missions for them.

The effects are only visible at some point > 20K ft. <25K ft., so even though I have added them to some bombers, unless they are over 20k ft. you won't have to worry about seeing them.

INSTALLATION:

I. DELETE ALL the bdp files in your aircraft folder.

2. Just place the aircraft folder into your install and allow overwrite of xdp file which are the only files in my aircraft folder.

3. Place the effects folder into your install. You need the 2 dds files in fxtextures.

4. If you are already using Daiwilletti/Major Magee's combined effects file, you do not need to add anything to your effects.xml file. If not, add the lines from the txt file AFTER first searching in your one that those lines are NOT already there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

This is the time of year where I gravitate back to CFS3, baseball is over, there's no Oak Island episodes till next year and the threat of some snow in the morning. Having just installed BoB and the new update, my evenings suddenly look much more eventful. Thanks to all involved for your time and hard work!

Spit Mk1a 72 guns don't fire

I had to go to the ETO install and copy the weapons folders for "ETO_ap_round_303cal" and "ETO_in_round_303cal". Guns work fine now.

May only be my install.

Bob

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Awesome work. Have a older ver. of ankor's shaders and it it still outstanding. Love it the way it is and with the new campaign out i'll be busy for quite a while. Thanks for all the hard work and time.
    Many late nights ! lol !

BoB Fighter Control Missions

For use with Sdsbolt's A.i. radar app as in http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=164

BoB Fighter Control Missions:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=70 when approved

I have uploaded these under missions, even though they include aircraft.

As usual, my readme has typo mistakes!! Corrected here!

These are the modified stand alone aircraft and modified missions for the new CFS3 BoB MkI install done by Clive aka Pat Pattle. All the acknowledgements for aircraft and missions remain as in that install.

Install.

Put both these folders directly into the CFS3 BoB MkI install

WRT the Sdsbolt A, I. Radar app and its use as Fighter Control.

1. Start the app before you start CFS3

2. Shift-R will turn on Fighter Control, Follow its instructions. Follow the document on when to activate Fighter Control, as otherwise you might intercept the wrong bogies.

3. Ctrl-R will update the vector. I find having a bigger compass helps me to follow the vector!

4.Ctrl-Shift-R will toggle the FC lock

These missions do not want random spawns, so a no spawn batch file is included. Please use it!

James Allen aka mongoose
    Last edited by mongoose; February 27th, 2021 at 18:55.

Blog Entries
    James, none of these missions will run in the BoB install. One issue is the weather.xml files you have chosen aren't in BoB. There are also some other error messages about white spaces etc.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

OK I'll check it out. I tested some on my own which is not a virgin Bob Mk1! My mistake.

Hi Clive.
    Sent an email with new link to you.

"Hi Clive,

Well I can't say that I have flown absolutely every mission here, but the few issues I found in BoB Mk1

I fixed:-.
    Some typos in mission xmls
    a few spawns, facilities, buildings missing
    the weather file is the one from BoB Mk1 all missions should conform to what's here.

The mission work both in my old BoB update install, and your BoB Mk1 install. Let me know iof you have issues.

James"

Admin!! Please delete upload and sticky as I will want to put new upload on this!!

Sticky is gone, James, but please see my PM regarding upload.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

BoB Fighter Control Missions

Well; these have been checked again so this time........

BoB Fighter Control Missions:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=70 when approved

As promised!
    I have uploaded these under missions, even though they include aircraft.

As usual, my readme has typo mistakes!! Corrected here!

These are the modified stand alone aircraft and modified missions for the new CFS3 BoB MkI install done by Clive aka Pat Pattle. All the acknowledgements for aircraft and missions remain as in that install.

Install.

Put both these folders directly into the CFS3 BoB MkI install

WRT the Sdsbolt A, I. Radar app and its use as Fighter Control.

1. Start the app before you start CFS3

2. Shift-R will turn on Fighter Control, Follow its instructions. Follow the document on when to activate Fighter Control, as otherwise you might intercept the wrong bogies.

3. Ctrl-R will update the vector. I find having a bigger compass helps me to follow the vector!

4.Ctrl-Shift-R will toggle the FC lock

These missions do not want random spawns, so a no spawn batch file is included. Please use it!

James Allen aka mongoose

I am surprised this wasn't a sticky?
    Last edited by mongoose; July 23rd, 2021 at 08:55.

and I will add the thread link to the CFS3 BoB Alpha 01 Uploaded sticky thread for the time being.

bump time again

already disappeared off the radar which seems o be only a couple of pages; at least for me!

Blog Entries
    Don't forget about the campaign upgrade. Very worthwhile installing it. Very immersive and well done. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Don't forget about the campaign upgrade. Very worthwhile installing it. Very immersive and well done. Regards,Scott

will this be developed further?

Blog Entries
    I doubt it for the campaign addon. Daiwilletti is no longer with us any more and he was the main one who did the work on the campaign version. Clive and friends have just recently released Battle of Britain Mk 1 ,and hope there may be more development. Very nice the way it is now. One of my favorite go to expansions ! Have several versions of it ,just because i can't leave well enough alone...Lol ! Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    "will this be developed further?"

I doubt it, well not unless I win the lotto and can retire!
    Plus without Davids input it doesn't seem the same anymore.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

There is nothing to stop others making more missions for a start. People can change their own scenery to WOTR's version if they have that. What more is wanted? Well if gecko gets the time and energy, one might get a Spit Mk I and Hurri. I'm not sure about porting over WOTR aircraft. IIRC NachtPiloten was working on a Whitney for some time or other.
    I seriously suggest the use of sdsbolts A. I. app where possible. All English fighters can be adapted by changing the short name to xxxxxx F.C. amd Luftwaffe night bombers to short name xxxxx K.b. See http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-meets-the-eye

Members who have read this thread: 3