Cessna L-19 Bird Dog for MSFS out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cessna L-19 Bird Dog for MSFS out!

Cessna L-19 Bird Dog for MSFS out!

Cessna L-19 Bird Dog for MSFS of Black Box Simulatios is out .

http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/in...20/cessna-l19/

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well this is a pleasant surprise, was not expecting it so soon! Is anyone familiar with Black Box Simulations other products? The model looks quite nice but curious to know how it flies, especially for the price (close to $40.00 CAD).

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Cessna L-19 Bird Dog for MSFS of Black Box Simulatios is out .

http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/in...20/cessna-l19/

If it was not for the fact that MS has several great bush planes already, I'd be all over this. One of my favorite FSX planes. Will wait for the reviews. -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

No demo version like the rest of their products....?

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Oh boy! Perhaps a little to quick to market? Oh well. The default aircraft set the bar pretty high in the visuals. Now anxious to see the Long EZ. Dino sets his bar pretty high.

-d

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Oh boy! Perhaps a little to quick to market? Oh well. The default aircraft set the bar pretty high in the visuals. Now anxious to see the Long EZ. Dino sets his bar pretty high.

-d
    There's already been one patch released today, to fix the switch issues. Looks like the author's going to do a nice job supporting the plane.

I got it and I'm pretty happy with it. Lots of cool warbird paints. I think the interior looks pretty good, other than the non-working mirror:

Thx for good news about this patch! It was quick!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Patch?

@DennyA - I have version 1.0.0 installed, with all of its flaws. I looked on the BBS website, couldn't find any mention of an update.

Where can I find that patch?

Patch!

Quote Originally Posted by jschall View Post
    @DennyA - I have version 1.0.0 installed, with all of its flaws. I looked on the BBS website, couldn't find any mention of an update.

Where can I find that patch?
    Found it. BBS Simulations sent out emails to all its MSFS Bird Dog customers with a link to the 1.1.0 update. But for many customers, me included, the email got sent to the spam folder.

I would not have found out about this by searching on the BBS Forum or website. but by checking the very active discussion on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/BlackBoxSimulation

Many of the problems are indeed fixed. But I'd REALLY like to be able to open the doors and windows of my Bird Dog!

From BBSimulation:

MSFS 2020 Bird Dog V 1.2.0 Almost ready to upload ..
    changelog Includes :-

Fuel selector knob - re-animated and corrected L-O-R
    Engine Starter - fixed, True Cold and Dark operation
    Amphibian - Fitted Gear switch and Indicator lamps
    Switches - Flipped to standard configuration (UP = ON)
    Prop Torque - Was a little too high
    Lighting Issues - L/R Fuel tank indicators + Radio Digits
    Panel floods - Correct Red and or White flood lighting
    Mirror - Fixed , now reflective
    Flap Drag - Improved, much more draggy at 60%
    Panel Colour - Changed to green as quite a few appear

Actually looks like a decent patch.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

If they update the version on their home page, I might consider it. Right now, it's still 1.0.0.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Next patch incoming:

Coming TODAY V1.3.0 !!Changelog includes :-

Fixed some instrument lighting issues
    Fixed Incorrect Fuel Tank Labelling Aux / Main
    Added Japanese Air Defence Version
    Added Pilot, Pax and Load, visibility based on station weight
    Fixed Elevator Trim Labelling (Reversed)

Watch your inbox for notification and DL Link

( possibly SPAM folder )

Found in the net:

Version 1.3.5 appeared in customers' inboxes yesterday 6 October.

AVAngel's Alaska video shows most of the improvements, and I can add that the VHF Nav radio and the VOR gauge are working.

Top of my wish list would be functional windows and doors!

Quote Originally Posted by jschall View Post

Top of my wish list would be functional windows and doors!
    Im affraid it is request for Microsoft Team (Asobo). I didnt notice this in any airplane. Perhaps no this feature yet in MSFS like it was for FSX or P3D.

Regarding this sim, in all of the videos the prop disc looks very dark and quite distracting. Is that really the case?

- d

Im affraid it is request for Microsoft Team (Asobo). I didnt notice this in any airplane. Perhaps no this feature yet in MSFS like it was for FSX or P3D.
    Looks like Carenado Mooney 231 just do that, open doors. There are some posts here with photos and remember read a comment posted by Navy Chief....
    regards

Both Carenado planes open doors.

Yes, I thought the Carenado models supported opening doors? I hate that Asobo didn't implement it on their planes, and totally confused as to why. There's even references in their files to opening canopies...

If they can animate control surfaces and gear doors, there's no reason they can't allow for animation of passenger doors. Canopies maybe since they slide as opposed to rotate about an axis, so maybe there's some reason they chose not to implement that animation yet. But doors should open.
    Last edited by FlyingsCool; October 7th, 2020 at 11:35.

Ok, good to know . I havent Carenado addons, so its possible.

This is a really solid add-on at this point, and fun to fly. The dev has done a great of addressing customer feedback and quickly improving the plane. It certainly shipped with more quirks than it should have initially, but apparently there's not much of an aircraft SDK available yet, so given that, he did a nice job of updating things.

On the door/window thing, yeah, I wonder how much of that is the sim? Only the Carenado planes support it right now. Not a big deal to me -- I might open the doors the first day I get a plane to see how it looks, but generally never again.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    This is a really solid add-on at this point, and fun to fly. The dev has done a great of addressing customer feedback and quickly improving the plane. It certainly shipped with more quirks than it should have initially, but apparently there's not much of an aircraft SDK available yet, so given that, he did a nice job of updating things.

On the door/window thing, yeah, I wonder how much of that is the sim? Only the Carenado planes support it right now. Not a big deal to me -- I might open the doors the first day I get a plane to see how it looks, but generally never again.
    It's a matter of adding the animation to the plane, that should be all it is. As I noted, Asobo has animated the gear doors, there's no reason the doors can't be animated.

I use the door all the time. I'd especially use it now given the new camera system. I get it's not important to you. It is important to me. Granted, I can understand not implementing it currently as there probably isn't a standard for it at the current time (i.e. a standard command).

And I didn't meant to imply I was negating your desire for door/window animation! We all have aspects we care about.

My guess is it's an SDK documentation issue, or it's not a standard part of the sim as it was previously. Or maybe just devs focused on the flying part right now. I'm sure things will look a lot different in a year.

Members who have read this thread: 0