Loving the new sim, but....

Thread: Loving the new sim, but....

Loving the new sim, but....

I am loving the new sim, however does anyone know if there is a DC-3 Coming? Its all I need to fully enjoy the sim. lol

Aeroplane Heaven have stated that their DC3 will be coming to MSFS. No timeline though.

Me too, now that I am back able to use it after the patch temporarily screwed things up for me. I figure in due time we will see many great aircraft models and the scenery is coming in very quickly and reasonably priced.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes the DC3 is coming but nothing (dedicated that is) for MSFS is going to happen quickly. The software development kit and other aspects of the system are not finished. We have stated elsewhere that we will not release anything that is not truly dedicated for this sim and that cannot happen for any dev until the SDK and issues are resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Yes the DC3 is coming but nothing (dedicated that is) for MSFS is going to happen quickly. The software development kit and other aspects of the system are not finished. We have stated elsewhere that we will not release anything that is not truly dedicated for this sim and that cannot happen for any dev until the SDK and issues are resolved.
    Even though far away, the message is promising. Can't wait for a "good" DC-3 in FS2020
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Blog Entries
    Seems a good time to let everyone know.

Manfred Jahn has asked me if I would master his C-47 Dakota for MSFS 2020. I accepted his offer, and we have negotiated a gentleman's agreement. Manfred provide me with the original GMAX files, which I have converted to a 3DStudio Max mastered model. This model is currently flying quite successfully in P3Dv5 in full PBR rendering. This was step one. The models I release for Prepar3D and Microsoft Flight 2020 will be the official Manfred Jahn Dakota.

I have spent the last couple of weeks immersed in the new MS platform, getting to know the sim and beginning to explore the SDK, as it is in its current state. I am in agreement with the other devs who feel that the SDK will need some refinement before attempting to release an official model, but that will give me a bit of time to see what we can improve upon or add to Manfred's model for MSFS 2020.

There is one hurdle for me to navigate. Microsoft only engineered the simulator to accept models created in 3D Studio Max 2016 or later. I own a perpetual 3D Studio Max 2015 license. Upgrading to a later version would require that I relinquish my perpetual license...at a seventy five percent depreciation, then purchase a limited license at a prohibitive price point. I paid full pop the first time, I'm not inclined nor able to pay full pop again for something I already own. I'm currently exploring a work around. So...that's the only niggle in the works at the moment. Also waiting to see what Arno might have in the works.

That said, my intention is to release all of my models along with Manfred's Dak and Boeing Strats for Microsoft Flight 2020 and Prepar3D, up to and including V5 PBR. I have recovered...well, actually...re-built the aircraft I lost in the storage drive format debacle, and have upgraded all to current development levels for the two platforms. That was a big nut, and took some time, but that's where I'm at presently. So...for everyone anxious for the DAK and a bunch of other good airplanes, they are at the top of my priority list. That is if we don't burn down or become asphyxiated by the current rounds of...errrr..."Climate Change" that are suddenly erupting out here on the formerly beautiful West Coast.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I'd love to see the Gooney Bird in the new platform, but what I really have my heart set on is a good Super Connie or even the Starliner. I know that Manfred's models are old tech and not feasible to convert, but I can still dream!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

That's awesome news about the models you've been working on. BTW, have you looked at Blender? IIRC, someone over at FS Developer wrote a program to export a Blender models to MSFS. Either way, great news.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That's awesome news about the models you've been working on. BTW, have you looked at Blender? IIRC, someone over at FS Developer wrote a program to export a Blender models to MSFS. Either way, great news.
    Yep...definitely looking into Blender. Thanks
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

Manfred Jahn has asked me if I would master his C-47 Dakota for MSFS 2020. I accepted his offer, and we have negotiated a gentleman's agreement.

That said, my intention is to release all of my models along with Manfred's Dak and Boeing Strats for Microsoft Flight 2020 and Prepar3D, up to and including V5 PBR. I have recovered...well, actually...re-built the aircraft I lost in the storage drive format debacle, and have upgraded all to current development levels for the two platforms. That was a big nut, and took some time, but that's where I'm at presently. So...for everyone anxious for the DAK and a bunch of other good airplanes, they are at the top of my priority list. That is if we don't burn down or become asphyxiated by the current rounds of...errrr..."Climate Change" that are suddenly erupting out here on the formerly beautiful West Coast.

More great news. I'd better start putting some vacation time aside. FS2020 life can only get better with classics like the DC-3, Dak, Boeing Strats, and maybe even a Connie at some point.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

Manfred Jahn has asked me if I would master his C-47 Dakota for MSFS 2020. I accepted his offer, and we have negotiated a gentleman's agreement. Manfred provide me with the original GMAX files, which I have converted to a 3DStudio Max mastered model. This model is currently flying quite successfully in P3Dv5 in full PBR rendering. This was step one. The models I release for Prepar3D and Microsoft Flight 2020 will be the official Manfred Jahn Dakota.

That is if we don't burn down or become asphyxiated by the current rounds of...errrr..."Climate Change" that are suddenly erupting out here on the formerly beautiful West Coast.
    Fantastic news "G"! Provided we survive after November and beyond. The rapture is upon us!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Great news. Thanks Gman.
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 1