New Richmond to St. Cloud

Thread: New Richmond to St. Cloud

New Richmond to St. Cloud

One of the only perks of the current COVID situation we're in is that I get three-day weekends now through my employer, so I've got an extra day in the week to do some virtual flying. With the weather being so nice, I made a flight in the DA40 from New Richmond, WI (one of the fantastic default airports) to St. Cloud, MN today, all strictly VFR. Along the way I dropped down and buzzed the Forest Lake airport, which is one of my favorite hangouts. It was neat seeing the many power line structures now in the sim since the latest update. It's awesome getting to use my real world VFR sectionals for navigating around Minnesota and Wisconsin in this sim.

Crossing the St. Croix River/border between Minnesota and Wisconsin.

"Land of 10,000 Lakes", my home state.

"Dropping in" over the Forest Lake Airport, which I've spent a lot of time at with the XCub.

Nice pics. I think those powerlines are the first I've seen in the sim! Oddly enough, I haven't flown the DA40 yet. When I go Diamond I invariably end up in the Twinstar.

Brilliant pics - I can show some of them to my wife and she will trust me they are real fotos!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 0