REX Weather Force for MSFS

Thread: REX Weather Force for MSFS

REX Weather Force for MSFS

Coming soon:

WEATHER FORCE IS THE NEW METAR-BASED DYNAMIC REAL-TIME WEATHER ENGINE FOR MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR
    By utilizing inter-process communication with the simulator via fine granular control, you will experience automated, dynamic, and smooth weather transitions from real-world reporting metar stations. Weather Force also includes a wide range of our proprietary dynamic, changing (non-static) weather scenarios. These scenarios are unlike the static weather presets that ship with the simulator.
    http://rexsimulations.com/weatherforce.html
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

It sounds awesome! I read through all of the aspects of it, but did not see mention of discounted pricing for those who had purchased previous versions. Crossing fingers! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    It sounds awesome! I read through all of the aspects of it, but did not see mention of discounted pricing for those who had purchased previous versions. Crossing fingers! NC
    As I know, HiFi works on his Active Sky version for MSFS also, but it looks that REX will be the first ;>.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

REX has always been resource heavy on my PCs. Is the default weather engine really static? Seemed to mimic my local weather closely.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

With the weather engine in this sim, I have absolutely no interest at all in this REX addon, despite having bought nearly every REX addon for past sims. The stock MSFS weather engine has been incredible, and the two issues with the current system are supposed to be fixed with the next patch, which is to be available any day now. Asobo has also discussed in Q&A's that things like the weather engine/clouds will also see more free improvements over time (including simulating more cloud types in the future, based on scientific processes).

John, I'm downloading that patch now, and posted the release notes in a new thread. It does look like they've addressed the weather issues. I'll know more when I can load up and try a flight in the FL Panhandle.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

No way is the weather engine static in MSFS. I set up a raining preset the other day, and the cells would travel past and it went from rain to some sun to more rain a little heavier then sunny in the space of an hour pretty similar to what weather is actually like around here (NE), and the cloud deck height changed over time ( I was doing pattern work and practicing using the ILS at KASH for a couple hours the other day in the rain). It was super awesome, I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    No way is the weather engine static in MSFS. I set up a raining preset the other day, and the cells would travel past and it went from rain to some sun to more rain a little heavier then sunny in the space of an hour pretty similar to what weather is actually like around here (NE), and the cloud deck height changed over time ( I was doing pattern work and practicing using the ILS at KASH for a couple hours the other day in the rain). It was super awesome, I loved it.
    Thought so. This is on topic, because I love screenshots with a dynamic weather presense.

I'm with John on this one. The weather engine in the stock version of MSFS is THE benchmark. it's totally optimized for the sim...it is the sim. I have ZERO interest in REX despite having purchased it and HiFi weather engines. It's just more stuff addon ontop of and taking up precious CPU/GPU cycles and is not necessary.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    With the weather engine in this sim, I have absolutely no interest at all in this REX addon, despite having bought nearly every REX addon for past sims. The stock MSFS weather engine has been incredible, and the two issues with the current system are supposed to be fixed with the next patch, which is to be available any day now. Asobo has also discussed in Q&A's that things like the weather engine/clouds will also see more free improvements over time (including simulating more cloud types in the future, based on scientific processes).
    I agree with that, I figured with the new MSFS weather engine the ActiveSky and Rex people should just file for unemployment.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I agree with that, I figured with the new MSFS weather engine the ActiveSky and Rex people should just file for unemployment.
    It's the sad truth. They are irrelevant in MSFS - if anything, MS will just improve their own weather engine since it's a brand new sim - so features and improvement are the name of the game. Also, weather data is weather data- saying that it's accurate to 1/8th of a mile? Ok. All the data is accurate to within whatever the report being used is...no matter who uses it. REX or a dude going a RL flight checking the weather.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I know we've discussed this in PM but I've had the opposite experience. Even with the latest patch, the altimeter and winds are still way off, the cloud depiction ranges from close to not even close.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    As I know, HiFi works on his Active Sky version for MSFS also, but it looks that REX will be the first ;>.
    and I know that I probably end up getting both products

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I'm with John on this one. The weather engine in the stock version of MSFS is THE benchmark. it's totally optimized for the sim...it is the sim. I have ZERO interest in REX despite having purchased it and HiFi weather engines. It's just more stuff addon ontop of and taking up precious CPU/GPU cycles and is not necessary.
    I totally agree. The MSFS team spent a lot of time developing all aspects of this sim and there is reason behind everything the sim currently does and does not do. Development is ongoing, and good things will come to those who choose to wait. Life is short, keep things simple and let the MS team continue to do their job.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I must disagree.. Sorry.. Currntly MSFS is wrapping KSJC in a thick blanket of fog. Now Its TRUE that fog enters the SF Bay every day at 4PM but it NEVER comes to San Jose. I liked there darned near forty years and it has never once been foggy in the afternoon at the airport.. I'll give MSFS kudo's for an amazing attempt, but wrong is wrong, and this is wrong..

Due to the orange colour my first thought was this is the haze of the awful firestorms on the east coast. Would MSFS be able to simulate such extraordinary weather conditions maybe?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I must disagree.. Sorry.. Currntly MSFS is wrapping KSJC in a thick blanket of fog. Now Its TRUE that fog enters the SF Bay every day at 4PM but it NEVER comes to San Jose. I liked there darned near forty years and it has never once been foggy in the afternoon at the airport.. I'll give MSFS kudo's for an amazing attempt, but wrong is wrong, and this is wrong..

I don't know about the fog, but where to I get that airplane!

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post

Pam, that's not fog, it's smoke. I've flown over fire areas from San Diego to San Francisco in the sim and you encounter the same effect. I tried flying Sally, with success, just hours before landfall and it was visually awesome. Wind shear was not as expected but still an exciting flight in the Cessna Citation.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I don't know about the fog, but where to I get that airplane!
    OzWookie and I are working on Bringing it to native MSFS He's doing all the graphics and I'm updating the flight model from the original Iris P-40 Twin.. ( https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/vi...oad/52/551#_=_ ). unfortunately ( or maybe fortunately ) I cant get you an update on the flight model for fsx or P3d but I guarantee it still flies really nice, Just not like it does in MSFS..

The livery is one I created and he did the PBR on it..

REX released his weather engine: http://rexsimulations.com/weatherforce.html .

YEAH and the Price is nice too at only $21.95 tax excl.

Some might say buying REX Weather Force (and other similar weather addons) for MSFS would provide as much of an advantage as buying ORBX True Earth regions for it... 😐 Discuss... 🤔

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

The least attractive part of this addon is the same thing that I never liked about their weather simulations in previous sims - that being the sudden weather changes every time the latest weather information is injected. It completely kills the experience/immersion. The default live weather in MSFS right now is not perfect, but at least the weather changes/develops naturally and with no sudden changes. As with nearly everything in MSFS, Asobo is still working on it/fine-tuning it, and we haven't seen the best of it yet. I'd rather be patient than spend money that might be considered wasted in the long-run.

For FSX/P3D I was extremely happy with Active Sky products. They were constantly upgraded and the latest versions had a very smooth weather change system. I combined AS with REX textures and the result was really immersive.

In MSFS I am happy for the moment with the native system. What I miss is the ability to apply historic weather, which I could do with AS. For example, I would like to recreate in MSFS my last afternoon real flight and compare but I will need to adjust the weather manually to match, unless there is a way in MSFS to go back in time for weather and I have not found it.

The least attractive part of this addon is the same thing that I never liked about their weather simulations in previous sims - that being the sudden weather changes every time the latest weather information is injected. It completely kills the experience/immersion. The default live weather in MSFS right now is not perfect, but at least the weather changes/develops naturally and with no sudden changes. As with nearly everything in MSFS, Asobo is still working on it/fine-tuning it, and we haven't seen the best of it yet. I'd rather be patient than spend money that might be considered wasted in the long-run.
    Thx for info, the same it was with Sky Force 3D and his engine for P3Dv4.4+. It was very frustrating. After few patches (and quite long time) REX solved this but the transformation into Active Sky P3D looks much better anyway. Perhaps I'll wait for HiFi addon again. In P3D I use REX textures (weather engines are off) but weather engine is from HiFi. I need also Weather Report during flight. I dont know if REX offers this or not in this addon. For Active Sky its Ctrl+F11 (current contition).

Members who have read this thread: 0