A question: is this possible?

Thread: A question: is this possible?

A question: is this possible?

Ok, what I am wanting to do is not realistic, but I just wondered if it is possible. You know when you use Google to locate a address, and when you go closer in Satellite view, the street names appear on the streets themselves?

Well, I want to know if this type of "overlay" can be placed into this sims scenery? Reason I ask is that although the satellite imagery in this sim is awesome, the details become less clear when the view is closer.

If not possible, that's cool. Just a question. NC

Do you see the street names when using Bing Maps Like you see in Google Maps? I've never tried Bing. Just a thought since I have so few!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Do you see the street names when using Bing Maps Like you see in Google Maps? I've never tried Bing. Just a thought since I have so few!
    Yep, does the same thing. Just checked, AND Bing is way more up to date than Google. Google still shows my house from 6 years ago! NC

Chief, there are actually two sets of set imagery in Google. Look on the bottom right and find the little globe icon. When viewing the world as a globe, the imagery is older. In the case of a new stretch of interstate loop near me, the older stuff is a few years out of date. The newer stuff is still several months out, but at least it's newer.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Try the vfrmap which shows all the street names. I use it all the time I'm flying fs2020. You can display it in a window or separate monitor. Very useful. It can be found in Bomber_12th's post Free Scenery Fixes and Addons.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Try the vfrmap which shows all the street names. I use it all the time I'm flying fs2020. You can display it in a window or separate monitor. Very useful. It can be found in Bomber_12th's post Free Scenery Fixes and Addons.
    Thanks, I will check it out! NC

Little Navmap Beta Released for MSFS 2020

Little Navmap Beta released for MSFS 2020.
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...now-supported/

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

Members who have read this thread: 0