Switches and MSFS

Thread: Switches and MSFS

Switches and MSFS

So in FSX and P3D three-way switches can be coded so that you left click the switch turns left, right click back to centre and right click again and the switch goes right. An example is a Taxi/Landing light switch - Taxi - off - Landing.

In MSFS if you right click it drags the mouse around If you scroll wheel you zoom in and out. So how are we supposed to code three way switches in a nice sensible way rather than left clicking 3 times to get to Landing light in the above example. Even worse for dimmable back lit gauges!

Sorry just wanted to throw this out there!! Seems a little step backward in functionality. I guess you can turn off right click mouse drag views but the default zoom in is not that nice IMHO.

The default A320 has some 3-position switches, such as the landing light and taxi light switches and the ADF switches, and several others. With those, a little arrow pops up pointing in either direction, depending on where you put the mouse over the switch, to left-click it in either direction. The mouse wheel also works. If it has reached the maximum point of its travel in one direction, it will show a little crossed-out symbol for that direction of travel.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    The default A320 has some 3-position switches, such as the landing light and taxi light switches and the ADF switches, and several others. With those, a little arrow pops up pointing in either direction, depending on where you put the mouse over the switch, to left-click it in either direction. The mouse wheel also works. If it has reached the maximum point of its travel in one direction, it will show a little crossed-out symbol for that direction of travel.
    Thanks, I'll have to have a look at that! I guess Xbox users would need that to be dumbed down a bit for the controller!

The mouse wheel rolls dials like the VOR radial if the pointer is on that dial, otherwise, it reverts to zoom. The issue is that even with camera shake turned off, there's still some movement, so the dial moves out from under your mouse and you end up zooming one way or another. You can mostly avoid this by just zooming in tight on the instrument, but that can be a pain too. It gets easier to do with practice though...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The mouse wheel rolls dials like the VOR radial if the pointer is on that dial, otherwise, it reverts to zoom. The issue is that even with camera shake turned off, there's still some movement, so the dial moves out from under your mouse and you end up zooming one way or another. You can mostly avoid this by just zooming in tight on the instrument, but that can be a pain too. It gets easier to do with practice though...
    .... while your plane starts to spin downward out of control.... but I got the VOR radial tuned in!

Members who have read this thread: 0