Heber Valley, Utah

Thread: Heber Valley, Utah

Heber Valley, Utah

Going off of a great suggestion by Dave "Erican2", I took a flight in the DA40 from Heber Valley Airport in Heber City, Utah, a popular glider spot, which is located within the Rocky Mountain range near Salt Lake City. I trekked out over Deer Creek Reservoir and made a loop around Roberts Horn and Mt. Timpanogos and then out over Wallsburg and back to Heber Valley. I took the flight in real time, around late afternoon/early evening, and was fighting the glare from the sun through some of the flight, which I hope is captured in some of these screenshots. It's really fantastic just how accurately powerful the glare from the sun can be - it really makes it a challenge trying to land into the sun (I should check if they have a sun glasses feature built-in, like the flashlight option - if not, it would be nice to have).

There's an airport out there somewhere.

Beautiful shots! That DA40 would have been perfect with a HSI and DME.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Thank you Ryan! Those would be a nice option to have in a future update.

John I recognize that whole area. I used to live around there. I did all my primary flight training out of Provo. I've flown all around the whole area in DA20's 40s and 42's no less! Provo Canyon usually has some pretty good up drafts as it acts like a venturi for the prevailing winds. It's a great area of the country. Very beautiful. Been to the top of Mt. Timpanogos in one of your shots there. A "locally" based MiG-15 flew through the Mountain meadow when I was up there last. There's also a downed B-24 somewhere on the mountain. Been jet skiing on Deer Creek, and camping around there as well. Good fun. Lots of eye candy in UT.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I'm sold, it's beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to have a look at this beautiful area in the sim.
    Can't wait until gliders and helicopters become available.

That is awesome, Rick! What a beautiful area to have been able to live and fly around. I looked into the wreck site you mentioned, and it is a USAF B-25 that hit the mountain in 1955, while flying through snowy conditions. I found the coordinates and it is really a tragedy, seeing how close they were to having been able to make it over.

I enjoyed the flight so much yesterday that today I did some more flying over the same area.

Really stunning shots, John. I'm still trying to justify spending a lot of money on a new computer with win 10 after all the money and work I have tied up in FSX that runs great on my current computer. Funny thing is, I've always dreamed of a sim that looks as realistic as this one. I suppose once your mustangs are in this sim and my repaints will work, would probably push me over the edge lol.
    Greenhouse357

Members who have read this thread: 0