Is the FS2020 update coming out this week ?

Thread: Is the FS2020 update coming out this week ?

Is the FS2020 update coming out this week ?

I thought I might have read that next Update could be possibly coming out this week although this could have been my imagination ! Sorry if this question has been asked 400,000 times all over the internet .Just getting anxious for some of this stuff to be fixed like everyone else.

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I thought I might have read that next Update could be possibly coming out this week although this could have been my imagination ! Sorry if this question has been asked 400,000 times all over the internet .Just getting anxious for some of this stuff to be fixed like everyone else.

Rich
    That's what they're hoping, likely around 9/3.... But, from looking at the bug fixes it's addressing, it looks like it's mostly focused on people's issues with installing the software. I didn't see anything worth talking about in terms of feature additions to the software, or bug fixes to flying, etc.. They also said they are working hard on the SDK, adding functionality that was planned but not yet implemented, and continuing to document it. But I don't think that work is coming in this update.

Thanks for the reply , will be looking forward to it !
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

It's not that every little or big bug will be fixed. MSFS, unlike legacy sims, is a living product. Improvements will be gradual.

Just sayin'...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

From all that I've gathered, most of the items people have reported needing fixed within the sim is what the "Sim Updates" will cover, and this patch being released today or tomorrow is not one of those, but is essentially a "hot fix", to put it under another name, for those having problems still just trying to install the sim.

The "Sim Updates", which this patch isn't, are scheduled to be released every 2-3 months, and will always be free. Asobo/Microsoft have stated that they want these to always be meaningful updates, so that there is a lot to gain in a single download/update, rather than issuing smaller, much less meaningful updates every 2-3 weeks, for instance. There will also be free "World Updates", released every 2-3 months (not on the same schedule), which will be all about scenery updates, one region of the world at a time, to eventually cover every region of the planet (this will include injecting the latest aerials and data from Bing, new hand-crafted airports, new points of interest models, and new landing challenges, all for one region at a time).

"World Update Series Episode 1" is supposed to be released in mid-September, so just about 2 weeks from now, if they're still on schedule.

On August 27th, they said it would be out within 7 days, so assuming they are still on track the update should be showing up any time now. They also shared patch notes, though I am not sure whether it is a comprehensive list of all of the changes they are making, it give you a pretty good idea of their current priorities.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/augu...opment-update/

i am looking out for this hotfix because its supposed to fix the simconnect bug

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Announcement about the patch being released: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ailable/245567
    For those how wonder: size 333,2 MB.

Marcel

Patch is out. You can install it via MStore:

333Mb only so small hotfix.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Does it include the free aviator's club livery pack..?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

After installing the in-store update, I launched the sim to find I'd gone from 1.7.12.0 to 1.7.14.0 - and then it ran another update from within the sim itself. I'm digging in now to see if there's anything new in the fleet.

Edit: I don't see anything glaringly different. Only the single livery for each aircraft. But I did dive into the Packages folder and found all the stuff that was d/l'd in the in-sim update. Looks like some of the planes are getting functional updates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Does it include the free aviator's club livery pack..?
    What "free aviator's club" livery pack? Is it an Asobo product? I can't imagine them ever including any community developed products.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    What "free aviator's club" livery pack? Is it an Asobo product? I can't imagine them ever including any community developed products.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...available-now/

To celebrate the return of the beloved franchise, all players will be able to claim a free “Aviators Club” livery set as a special thank you for being one of the first to take flight from now through Sept. 30. The set will be available starting Wednesday, Aug. 19 for this limited time in the in-sim marketplace, and includes Microsoft Flight Simulator-inspired liveries for all aircraft available in the Standard, Deluxe and Premium Deluxe Editions.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Cool! Thanks for pointing that out... I hadn't seen it. Perhaps it means we'll be able to create liveries for the Premium aircraft?

Seems like it should already be available?
    And, given it's only available for a limited time, I doubt it would be part of the update?

Edit: In Googling it, I saw someone mention that, when they're ready, they'll be available in the Marketplace till Sept 30.

I don't see how to update the sim anywhere?? I opened.thw sim and saw that it auto updated but it was only 87 KB??
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Is it possible that because I'm running Premium Deluxe, that I've already got much of the content? I don't see anywhere in the MS Store or in the sim about how to where to update. The Store says I have it installed and there's no options for updating. My update was super tiny when it auto updated earlier today.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Mine was the same size, Rick (I too have the Premium Deluxe version). As long as it says 1.7.14.0 (such as when you are in windowed-mode), you're good.

Nobody here bought MSFS thru Steam then ?...

I have tried a gazillion times to get this wreched MS account once and for all but to no avail. First thing, what nonsense when you try to register with your email address you get a message saying " You can't register with your email address from school or work, use a personal email address or Gmail or Yahoo! or make a new Outlook email address ". WHAT NONSENSE!! My email address IS a personal email address ! If it wasn't for Windows and Flightsimulator..... ARRRRGGGGG!!!

So i went with Steam. Within one and a half hour downloading the 100Gig i was flying and drooling without so much as a hickup.

Now, with this first patch, clicked the link here in the post above, again this damn Mircosoft Account nonsense. Now tried with my phonenumber to setup an account : " This number is already in use. Try another" . YEAH. RIGHT!!

So i got on Steam, clicked MSFS, clicked Update, within 10 seconds patch installed.

I know, mustard after a meal, and probabely most of you have no problem with getting an MS account but i thank my virtual god on bended knees i got on the Steamboat !

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Mine was the same size, Rick (I too have the Premium Deluxe version). As long as it says 1.7.14.0 (such as when you are in windowed-mode), you're good.

Thanks John!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Is it possible that because I'm running Premium Deluxe, that I've already got much of the content? I don't see anywhere in the MS Store or in the sim about how to where to update. The Store says I have it installed and there's no options for updating. My update was super tiny when it auto updated earlier today.
    I have premium deluxe as well. I got a 300mb update from the store, then another much smaller update 87kb? automatically applied in the sim after I launched it.

In the store, click on the three dots in the top right corner then select downloads and updates (or something like that). That's how I picked up the big update.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I noticed the option for the update from the Microsoft Store, but I just ran the sim instead and it handled the update at launch (past experience with the Alpha/Beta, if it required the update from the MS Store first, it would redirect you to it when launching the sim during the checking for updates screen). The update option in the MS Store is no longer present now and it says it is fully updated/current. When the update was installing during the launch of the sim, even though it said 87kb, it was definitely more than that for the time it took and files I saw it installing.

It appears to have auto installed for me. I end there and it said already in installed with the correct version number.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0