Archibald! and etc....

Thread: Archibald! and etc....

Boxkite

Archibald! and etc....

S! I get hit by AA about every 3rd mission. I'm constantly changing direction and altitude. Average alt is >8K. AA too accurate. That's no fun! AI bullets 'weighted' more than mine, it seems. That's no fun, either. Also, the 'scramble' missions aren't worth the trouble. Take this out of the Campaign unless airbase is right at the front line. The attackers have ridiculous advantage. The prudent thing to do would be to take cover! I'd think the airbase would get the 'heads up' from fwd position so that this event would be extremely rare. The 'sausages' don't seem to fly high enough and they could be winched down very quickly. Is that changeable? Would it ever be possible to stalk 2-holers more accurrately? I flew up and under a single RE8 and Harry Tate was able to jack me up good! I don't remember seeing a hole in the floor for him to use. I stayed directly under- honest! Lastly, why do the squad mates dive into overwhelming odds battles? Mano-a-mano is tough enough if AI has the better machine but why fly into suicide trap? It's hard enough to survive as it is. I've learned to let the mates go on and die and I get the heck outta there if I can't find advantage. So far I haven't been court-martialed. I'm not a coward- just cautious. Like Jimmy Doolittle says: 'there are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots'. I've always liked Jimmy! The longest I've lasted is a smidge over 10 hours and I think I was shot down by my own wingie. And that's flying with frame rates in the single digits when it gets to a shootin' match! BHaH is really neat but I'd have to say I'm in the 'scaleable AI' camp. S! P.S. any word about N28's, DH-5's and Zeppelins?

gimpyguy
    Unoffically Talking, we stand a good chance of getting an N24, don't think the N28 saw enough hours. I'm looking foreward to a high wing monoplane, and of course the multi-engine bombers.

But I suspect we'll see a few 2 seaters first

Winder want's to do Home Defense . .again . . in Phase 1, we flew Camels out of Sutton Farms, with the Zepplin appearing in a few missions, as a immense target only. But that Zepplin was a Loaner

A Zepplin is LOTS and LOTS of work

77Scout
    The amount of AA fire can be adjusted in the workshop settings.

Yes, the rear-gunners have a very wide field of fire. Some folks say there is a small blindspot under the tail, but others say there is none. You can try setting the rear-guns to 'wide' in the workshop to reduce their accuracy. Latest word is there are no plans to fix this as it isn't believed to be a real problem. I am hopefull this will get a second look sometime in the future.

Regarding AI bullets weighted stronger than yours, see the current DM and FM thread discussion, which has some similar comments.

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by 77Scout View Post
    The amount of AA fire can be adjusted in the workshop settings.

Yes, the rear-gunners have a very wide field of fire. Some folks say there is a small blindspot under the tail, but others say there is none. You can try setting the rear-guns to 'wide' in the workshop to reduce their accuracy. Latest word is there are no plans to fix this as it isn't believed to be a real problem. I am hopefull this will get a second look sometime in the future.

Regarding AI bullets weighted stronger than yours, see the current DM and FM thread discussion, which has some similar comments.
    There is a blind-spot, but as one can't shoot up from there it's a moot point. To get hits one has to face the gunner eventually, and just hope the first (or second or third) burst gets him.

If it's a formation one is attacking...don't.

gimpyguy
    I have photographic proof of a sopwith triplane with a field modification Lewis gun set to fire upward on a 45 Degree Angle. Don't know how the weight effected performance, but it must've suprized a few 2 seaters.

Members who have read this thread: 0