Manfred Jahn's freeware in MSFS ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Manfred Jahn's freeware in MSFS ?

No longer on simviation

Hi Oleg, thanks for spotting yet another illicit upload, that's number three and counting. Wow. Please let us know if you were able to get them to remove it.

The one on Simviation is gone now, but it had 500 downloads already if I saw that correctly, even though I think they doctor their numbers. Strangely they also deleted the forum thread in which I asked Mr Gloss to comment.

So here is a reason why I will wait patiently for Manfred's official conversion.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

One way to defuse this would be to release the two JSON files that need to be added to the standard C47 as hosted by SOH to get it to work in MSFS pending the full conversion.
    I could provide these...or not if it's felt to be a bad idea...
    Cheers
    Keith

Manfred, just in case you didn't see it earlier, I'd pay a buck or two (or thirty!) to get your L1649 in the new sim!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    One way to defuse this would be to release the two JSON files that need to be added to the standard C47 as hosted by SOH to get it to work in MSFS pending the full conversion.
    Cheers
    Keith
    That can be done easily enough by anyone at this stage however there are several things that are INOP using that method.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Cheers Keith
    Definitely not a good idea, Keith. I don't even want to see any pics or vids of it anymore, it's so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Sooo... in the meantime, I've been investigating liveries. One thing I'd like to do is replace all those silly ASXXXX N-numbers to more realistic ones. I figure for those planes that no one has developed liveries for, I can just create a liveries directory in Community, copy the appropriate files over find the aircraft.cfg and edit it appropriately and...

But I'm noticing the Asobo planes don't have an aircraft.cfg file like the livery files I've downloaded do. Not even in a split up form as far as I can tell. But do they and I just can't find them?

How are people building these aircraft.cfg files? Where are they if they exist?

Editing existing ones to my liking is easy, but nobody has created liveries for the SR22 for instance, where is its aircraft.cfg file?

Thanks,

Tom
    Hey Tom,
    I found out the official way of creating livery packages and wrote a quick guide here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...r-msfs.448795/

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    Hey Tom,
    I found out the official way of creating livery packages and wrote a quick guide here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...r-msfs.448795/
    Thanks Oz for documenting it....
    Aren't we missing information for the Premium aircraft in the aircraft.cfg?

I know how to set up liveries for install, it's the Premium aircraft like the Cirrus and Aerobat I'm interested in getting liveries for.

These are planes I learned to fly in, and I'd like to purchase a Cirrus someday, and would like to create liveries for it...

I think this was actually an Aerobat... we did spins in this...

And finally, GFW used to rent out this plane, would be nice to see it again...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Thanks Oz for documenting it....
    Aren't we missing information for the Premium aircraft in the aircraft.cfg?

I know how to set up liveries for install, it's the Premium aircraft like the Cirrus and Aerobat I'm interested in getting liveries for.

These are planes I learned to fly in, and I'd like to purchase a Cirrus someday, and would like to create liveries for it...

I think this was actually an Aerobat... we did spins in this...

And finally, GFW used to rent out this plane, would be nice to see it again...

Don't need any information from those aircraft.. just their residing folder name that we reference in the VARIATION section and the texture.cfg

Manfred is this something that you can do?

I am asking, if this is something that you would be willing to do? Convert your '47 to whatever format this new sim MSFS is based on?

I know it would be my go-to aircraft for videos and sight seeing...

See this one I just completed:

Respectfully:

David...
    "Remember, all you have to do is ask."

Quote Originally Posted by David Robles FSX View Post
    I am asking, if this is something that you would be willing to do? Convert your '47 to whatever format this new sim MSFS is based on?

I know it would be my go-to aircraft for videos and sight seeing...

See this one I just completed:

Respectfully:

David...
    Lets see what the team come up with

T6 Texan Where to get

[QUOTE=Postbaer61;1234766]I tend to disagree in some parts.
    There are a few good old treasures thats worth to take a look at it,
    because they don't look too shabby in some case IMHO.

Hi,
    Where can we get those Texans/Harvards, assuming that they are free to download without conflicting rights
    Piet de Geus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Harvard AT-6 1.jpg  

Finally, self-reflections although the two half's are not synced and the props not exactly proper. Once this available for MSFS by Manfred with all its charm will be awesome!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Members who have read this thread: 0