Manfred Jahn's freeware in MSFS ?

Thread: Manfred Jahn's freeware in MSFS ?

Hybrid View

Manfred Jahn's freeware in MSFS ?

I'm not sure whether this has already been asked - apologies if so. I'm wondering whether any of Manfred's freeware aircraft, particularly the wonderful C-47, will be appearing in MSFS. The B-50 would also be very welcome. Perhaps the other members of the team could provide some information.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I'm not sure whether this has already been asked - apologies if so. I'm wondering whether any of Manfred's freeware aircraft, particularly the wonderful C-47, will be appearing in MSFS. The B-50 would also be very welcome. Perhaps the other members of the team could provide some information.

Thanks in advance.
    I will try this afternoon with the howto that I have publish here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1234632

So long ...

+1 for his C-47 PBR .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Some people have succeeded with the C47, for me it CTDs though I have a clue as to fix so hopefully by tomorrow...

I do have a VERY nice C46 working and a Lockheed Model 10 Electra and a BN Islander so it's well worth the effort if you like older tin.

Cheers
    Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c46.jpg  

Hi,

I just finished the C47 conversion and did the first test.
    The plane is seen in the manager, it launches and after 15 to 20 sec CDT

I just did a second test and I managed to take off ... before my cat jumped on my desk, moved the mouse and the C47 hit a house on the edge of the runway!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MSFS-C47.jpg  

Which version did you convert? A true FSX version or a P3D version? For example the "windscreen.ddl" of the P3D version could be a problem?

Marcel

PS
    Should we not notify Manfred and Javis for this conversion proces? Atlease that they approve.

I have the C-47 working to a fair degree in MSFS. To get around the CTD I had to delete all unusable gauges (DLL,CAB,GAU) from the panel.cfg and panel folder, leaving only the 3D gauges working. This means no radios or popup windows are working. From what I have learned so far, what Asobo meant by XML gauges was the XML code that accompanies 3D gauges. CAB files and XML gauges using BMP's definitely don't work. As to the question asked earlier about PBR: this is not possible because MSFS won't recognize P3D models, only FSX models. I used version 3.14 for my conversion. Before anyone asks, I will not be uploading it. This is because I don't have permission from Manfred and Jan to do so and because it is incomplete without radios. This was simply a convenient candidate for me to experiment with. If Manfred and Jan want what I have to build upon it, they are more than welcome to it.

Members who have read this thread: 2