Manfred Jahn's freeware in MSFS ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manfred Jahn's freeware in MSFS ?

Found this video of Manfred's C-47...

https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticAle...onCoolStoryBob

Might add that guys over at Discord are doing a bang-up job on the C-47. They love her because she has a soul and better than a lot of payware aircraft.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post

Might add that guys over at Discord are doing a bang-up job on the C-47. They love her because she has a soul and better than a lot of payware aircraft.
    I was gonna ask if anyone had seen a rainbow in MSFS

Well, powder me in sugar and call me a cupcake

Interesting find, Ted !

The cockpit doesn't even look half bad. I suppose it's mainly the external textures that need to be lively-upped (if that's a word..) And isn't it like because it is native FSX PBR materials cannot be a applied ?.....

I do wonder about the T-6 Harvard in the first page ? I believe i recognise the A2A version so FSX too, right ?

So many aircraft I would love to see imported into this sim; not the least of which would be a LOT of Cold War USN jets! But I am waiting for a tool to do it! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    I tend to disagree in some parts.
    There are a few good old treasures thats worth to take a look at it,
    because they don't look too shabby in some case IMHO.

If they are fully flyable, so why not?
    And how long will it taken to build such model from scratch ?

Cheers
    Ulrich
    A loooong time, you bet.

And sure, this doesn't look too shabby at all. But does this hangar scene provide some sort of extra fancy treatment of the external textures ? Can you taxi out without losing these reflections and shine ?... Certainly Manfred's C-47 external model in the video that Ted provides a link for looks very dull, no shine, no reflections at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I do wonder about the T-6 Harvard in the first page ? I believe i recognise the A2A version so FSX too, right ?
    I think it's the Wozza Texan. But I might be mistaking. This thread is about freeware in MSFS, not?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Yes it is the FSX-native Wozza Carter T-6 (originally modeled by David Eckert (of FS2004 Stearman and B-26 fame), and with a pilot model by our own Mike Flahault (Flight Replicas)). When the A2A Texan came out, it did look very similar, and with a similar-looking pilot too (it never has had the tailhook option though, like the Wozza T-6).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I think it's the Wozza Texan. But I might be mistaking.
    No, i think you're right and i was mistaken.

My first thought too, Wozza's.... but i can't even remember if that actually is a native FSX model so i guessed it must be A2A. But it isn't so well done.

Manfred Jahn,s ported

Hi,
    Would it be possible to distribute a link of a library somewhere where all ported complete aircraft can be found for downloading?
    Could Simouthouse e.g. create such a library?

With kind regards,
    Piet de Geus
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by degeus View Post
    Hi,
    Would it be possible to distribute a link of a library somewhere where all ported complete aircraft can be found for downloading?
    Could Simouthouse e.g. create such a library?

With kind regards,
    Piet de Geus
    Netherlands
    Hi Neighbour,

Greetings from Belgium!

I think that is somewhat soon. I don't think the developers in question have given their permission for their creations to be shared in ported form.

They would all have to be contacted and they would have to give their permission.

Maybe, just maybe, they're already working on converting their creations to the new flight sim. We can dream can't we?

Cheers,

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

I wouldn't upload any of the conversions that I have done for two reasons: I don't have the developer's permission and they are incomplete or non functional. What people need to realize is that Asobo's promise of backward compatibility wasn't exactly truthful. While the models (FSX not P3D) are usable, pretty much everything else isn't. The only gauges that work are 3D modeled gauges. No GAU,DLL, or CAB files will work. Another issue that we're running into is that the SDK is incomplete. Asobo hasn't even started on the gauge section yet. Flight dynamics are also screwed up on many conversions. Many of you seem to think that "Port Over" to MSFS is as simple as it was from FS9 to FSX. It just ain't so. If you download one of these conversions, you WILL be disappointed. It will be incomplete and buggy.
    I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but it will be quite some time before I would expect full functionality from these models.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    So many aircraft I would love to see imported into this sim; not the least of which would be a LOT of Cold War USN jets! But I am waiting for a tool to do it! NC
    Well, just take it easy, Chief, gonna be a loooong night. In the mean time you might wanna settle for this:

Javis,

Maybe you forgot to put something in your post?

Sorry...

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

I did see the download for the free F/A-18, but am not going to bother with it. Way too many bugs and overall things wrong with it. I am sure there will be plenty of addon aircraft made available soon. I am not in THAT big of a hurry! NC

Sooo... in the meantime, I've been investigating liveries. One thing I'd like to do is replace all those silly ASXXXX N-numbers to more realistic ones. I figure for those planes that no one has developed liveries for, I can just create a liveries directory in Community, copy the appropriate files over find the aircraft.cfg and edit it appropriately and...

But I'm noticing the Asobo planes don't have an aircraft.cfg file like the livery files I've downloaded do. Not even in a split up form as far as I can tell. But do they and I just can't find them?

How are people building these aircraft.cfg files? Where are they if they exist?

Editing existing ones to my liking is easy, but nobody has created liveries for the SR22 for instance, where is its aircraft.cfg file?

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Javis,

Maybe you forgot to put something in your post?

Sorry...

Priller
    Heck, the little rascal must've flown away... (new computer, normal procedures not up to scratch yet..;-)

Just wanted to advice Chief to maybe settle for this during waiting :

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pip.jpg  

LOL, I love that paint scheme. Let us know when it can be download.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Sooo... in the meantime, I've been investigating liveries. One thing I'd like to do is replace all those silly ASXXXX N-numbers to more realistic ones. I figure for those planes that no one has developed liveries for, I can just create a liveries directory in Community, copy the appropriate files over find the aircraft.cfg and edit it appropriately and...But I'm noticing the Asobo planes don't have an aircraft.cfg file like the livery files I've downloaded do. Not even in a split up form as far as I can tell. But do they and I just can't find them?How are people building these aircraft.cfg files? Where are they if they exist?Editing existing ones to my liking is easy, but nobody has created liveries for the SR22 for instance, where is its aircraft.cfg file?Thanks,Tom
    You can change the reg in the loading screen, it's set dynamically.It can also be set through simconnect (FSEconomy does this for you )Sadly the cfg files for DEluxe and Premium aircraft are encrypted and can't be viewed or changed, but the standard edition ones canCheersKeith

Cool

Nice paint, are there any US Navy skins for the C-46?...

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    And sure, this doesn't look too shabby at all. But does this hangar scene provide some sort of extra fancy treatment of the external textures ? Can you taxi out without losing these reflections and shine ?...
    Yep, here some outsideshots.

OMG!! You did the Marchetti as well??? *drools all over his keyboard*

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Lightbulb

Here's hoping that we can work together to get an updated C-47 working in MSFS in all her glory. She NEEDS to be in this new sim.

I have all of her flight model data in the new format and we now need:
    * 3D Asset transferred to native format
    * Sound updated to new format in WWise
    * Custom DLLs redone in new format.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (24).jpg   Screenshot (33).jpg   Screenshot (23).jpg  

Oh I didn't see this post before. What's your name on the Discord?

Quote Originally Posted by OzWookiee View Post
    Oh I didn't see this post before. What's your name on the Discord?
    I thought I would pop in Discord to see what's up... "TuFun". Was an alpha/beta tester for MSFS. Will jump on retail sometime after the Nvidia 3080 release.

So, for now, I'm sitting back watching the excitment!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    You can change the reg in the loading screen, it's set dynamically.It can also be set through simconnect (FSEconomy does this for you )Sadly the cfg files for DEluxe and Premium aircraft are encrypted and can't be viewed or changed, but the standard edition ones canCheersKeith
    Ahhh, that makes sense... well, that makes sense why I couldn't find them. It doesn't make sense, however, to do what they did in that regard.
    It's a major pain in the ass to have to change them every time I start the game. Stupid, in fact, to set it up that way.
    I'll check out the simconnect work around. Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0