Gulf Coast members be careful !

Thread: Gulf Coast members be careful !

Gulf Coast members be careful !

To all our Gulf Coast members , be safe and hunker down ! Hurricane Laura looks she is gathering speed ! I know I don't have to tell you all this as I'm sure you have lived through many of these years past!

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Initially Hurricane Laura was projected to make a direct hit on Pensacola, where I live. But, as is always the case, the path changed. We had made vacation plans months ago to spend a week up near Montgomery, Alabama, so no problem here.

Am sure more hurricanes will form and threaten the Florida panhandle again this season. That's expected, and part of life there.

I do pray that no one gets hurt or worse from the hurricane hitting near Lake Charles, LA. A shipmate of mine lives there. NC

Stay safe NC, we didn't leave Pcola during Ivan due to my then girlfriend's ex having the boys that week. Stay with his girlfriend (sounds like a soap I know) in Cantonment. The destruction was jaw-dropping as we headed back to our place off Gulf Beach Hwy/Blue Angel Pkwy. My first experience with storm surge, water front homes crumbled like matchsticks, boats all washed ashore.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0