& gigs to go..

Thread: & gigs to go..

Blog Entries

& gigs to go..

Just seven gigs... no more..
    My guts feel like theyre trying to climb out of my chest. I started this download yesterday around noon and its just on the last legs of the update..
    I couldnt wait till the first to buy the game. Friends had contacted me about doing some flight models and boy have I got a lot to learn. So I spent a buck and got the XBox free pass ( oxymoron there ) and then spent another buck for the game itself. It wouldnt let me put it where I wanted to install it, even though theres plenty of space on that drive, So I have no idea where it is getting installed, and I've searched for it and checked settings but nothing seems to indicate where its going, outside of my registry. Maybe I'll have to wait till I actually purchase the game to figure it all out, I dont know. This is spooky, but at least its nearing the end of the install..
    Second big question. Will it even work once its been installed.. At least its easy to uninstall..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Just seven gigs... no more..
    My guts feel like theyre trying to climb out of my chest. I started this download yesterday around noon and its just on the last legs of the update..
    I couldnt wait till the first to buy the game. Friends had contacted me about doing some flight models and boy have I got a lot to learn. So I spent a buck and got the XBox free pass ( oxymoron there ) and then spent another buck for the game itself. It wouldnt let me put it where I wanted to install it, even though theres plenty of space on that drive, So I have no idea where it is getting installed, and I've searched for it and checked settings but nothing seems to indicate where its going, outside of my registry. Maybe I'll have to wait till I actually purchase the game to figure it all out, I dont know. This is spooky, but at least its nearing the end of the install..
    Second big question. Will it even work once its been installed.. At least its easy to uninstall..

There was an executable that went to my C drive, but I could direct the 100 gigs of data via a window to anywhere before I started the big download. It was extremely slow running wireless from my router. Eithernet connection to the router greatly increased the download speed to my provider's maximum. Still took over 4 hours...
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Y'all I'm not kidding when I say this sim took a week to install on my PC. Steam says I've played the game for 158 hours and I haven't even taken off. Mine wanted to install on the C drive, but I managed to direct it to the D drive which had much more space. Download stayed on the same numbers multiple times and literally went backwards at multiple points.
    Last edited by Maty12; August 26th, 2020 at 08:38. Reason: Added more relevant information

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    It wouldnt let me put it where I wanted to install it, even though theres plenty of space on that drive
    Apparently, you can go in to Program Settings in Windows and there's an option to move it once it's in place. I haven't bothered...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I only have 50 mbps connection it took 8 hrs. 41 minutes.

15mb in my old plan, it took 3 days and 2 nights before the download crashed when I plugged in a new controller. Restarted the download, another 3 days, 2 nights, and at about 94gb the screen went black... then the actual install started. Whew!! I have used up all my data for the month, and the new data plan kicks in tomorrow. What a nightmare. But, I finally have it!

They are addressing patch which should be online in a couple of days. It shall fix the problems with the installation.
    After I installed the game and downloaded 94gb of packages (planes, scenery, aerodromes), I could not start the game. The problem was with my Windows account username which contains non ASCII letter (Polish "Ł" in my case). After I created another admin account on my computer, with 'correct' letters, the game started without any problems. So, please double check if your usernames have some special characters or a letter characteristic to some language.

Lucas

Members who have read this thread: 0