Free Scenery Fixes and Addons - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Scenery Fixes and Addons

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi Mike,
    This is the correct one, yet be aware you can not make sub-folders, so the scenery must place directly "under" Community. So:
    D:\MSFS2020\Community\sydneyharbourbridge
    This works on my end.
    Marcel
    Thanks, Marcel. Sydney Tower now shows up, so the path is correct, but now there's no Sydney Bridge at all! Not even the default. I'll keep trying.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Thanks, Marcel. Sydney Tower now shows up, so the path is correct, but now there's no Sydney Bridge at all! Not even the default. I'll keep trying.
    Mike
    Are they not 2 separated packets/zips? I've only the Sydney Bridge

Marcel

PS Just checked they are:
    scenery-Sydney-Tower-OhGaz.rar -> https://www.msfsaddons.org/freeware/sydney-tower
    sydneyharbourbridge.zip -> https://www.msfsaddons.org/freeware/...harbour-bridge

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi Mike,

Are they not 2 separated packets/zips? I've only the Sydney Bridge

Marcel

PS Just checked they are:
    scenery-Sydney-Tower-OhGaz.rar -> https://www.msfsaddons.org/freeware/sydney-tower
    sydneyharbourbridge.zip -> https://www.msfsaddons.org/freeware/...harbour-bridge

Yup, two separate sceneries. One works here, one not, although its exclusion seems to. Don't have time right now to try others, but will later. For today, cars in Sydney can only use the tunnel....

Mike

BTW, just to note, some, but not all of the custom liveries are really poor. Low resolution, reversed text, and uneven lines. I've deleted quite a few. Where are the expert painters?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I didn't create the paint, but it is pretty nice.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.03 - 15.06.49.54.jpg  

BTW, just to note, some, but not all of the custom liveries are really poor. Low resolution, reversed text, and uneven lines. I've deleted quite a few. Where are the expert painters?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I didn't create the paint, but it is pretty nice.
    Navy Chief, is that livery correct on both sides? All of the 747-800 liveries I've seen are reversed on one side.

If that one's correct on both, would love to know where you got it!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Yup, two separate sceneries. One works here, one not, although its exclusion seems to. Don't have time right now to try others, but will later. For today, cars in Sydney can only use the tunnel....

Mike
    In case this helps anyone, now have the Sydney Bridge, by using this method (yet another "Community" folder). This uses the Rolling Cache file path address found in the Options/General/Data section of the setup menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSRuaNp4uE

And thanks for the list!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Navy Chief, is that livery correct on both sides? All of the 747-800 liveries I've seen are reversed on one side.

If that one's correct on both, would love to know where you got it!

Unfortunately not correct. Darn it. NC

Right side by retnavycpo, on Flickr

Left side by retnavycpo, on Flickr

That makes me wonder if there's not a separate texture for logos like there was on the default FS9 jets.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It appears as though all of the aircraft (at least the 747) in the Mega Liveries pack download, are printed like this. Can't be correct. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    That makes me wonder if there's not a separate texture for logos like there was on the default FS9 jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    It appears as though all of the aircraft (at least the 747) in the Mega Liveries pack download, are printed like this. Can't be correct. NC
    Who knows if they'll ever correct it... They did the same thing in FSX default planes to save texture space, the Cub, the Dash 8, and I think some others, they mapped the plane so only the left side was actually painted, then mirrored on the right side, and, yes, the there are decals for logos, which is why you can change the N-number on the fly on a plane.

So, technically it's correct... it would be nice if they remapped the model in the future so the left and right side aren't mirrored.

Is Sim-Outhouse going to add an FS2020 library?

Are we going to get an MSFS library here?

I just created my first scenery (I fixed Majerle field in WA) and would love to post it here if there's going to be a place.

My first scenery is live!

You can grab it here:
    https://flightsim.to/file/219/wa17-m...ents-and-fixes

or here...
    https://simviation.com/1/browse-Scenery-176-0

WA17 Majerle field near Duvall, WA. The stock field had trees which shouldn't have been there that made it nearly impossible to use. Now it's a fun launching spot to take a Cub flight up and down the Snoqualmie Valley.

Are we going to get an MSFS library here?

I just created my first scenery (I fixed Majerle field in WA) and would love to post it here if there's going to be a place.
    Request has been posted in the Admins forum.
    Not sure what the situation is with Rami (our 'Librarian') at this point in time but I'll check.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I just contacted Rami. He's got a post in Newshawks for feedback.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Ok, I downloaded the Missouri River fix. The zip file contains a folder, which contains another folder of the same name, which contains, "the scenery". The installation instructions say "simply" unzip the zip file directly into your community folder. So, my question is:

Does that mean:

This? (A)

Or this? (B)

And my second question is: what has to be done after that? Because I tried both ways, and my Missouri river is not fixed.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Nevermind. Figured it out. Downloaded a simple free airport, got it working, looked at what a working scenery folder looks like, and went digging through the Missouri River fix download, searching for a folder that contained similar stuff. It's in there. That's the folder you put in your community folder, not the entire unzipped file from the download.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Rami has the new section active. He added a section for rotaries, but I told him that there isn't going to be support for them any time soon.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

My first scenery is live!

You can grab it here:
    https://flightsim.to/file/219/wa17-m...ents-and-fixes

or here...
    https://simviation.com/1/browse-Scenery-176-0

WA17 Majerle field near Duvall, WA. The stock field had trees which shouldn't have been there that made it nearly impossible to use. Now it's a fun launching spot to take a Cub flight up and down the Snoqualmie Valley.
    Very nice, Denny! Thanks. NC

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.07 - 16.14.41.48 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.07 - 16.14.25.49 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.07 - 16.13.31.61 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.07 - 16.12.20.43 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

Thanks, Navy Chief!

I hadn't noticed it, but the scenery had the river raising around the end of the runway threshold, and a couple of other visual glitches. I was able to fix those in the scenery editor, so I've now uploaded v1.1 of the scenery with those fixes and a few more enhancements to the area.

I uploaded it to the new Sim-Outhouse MSFS library! Cool! Hopefully it will be live soon.

The 1.1 version of my Majerle STOLport scenery east of Seattle is now live in the Sim-Outhouse Warbirds Library!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5&linkid=27019

If you grabbed the original, just delete it from the Community folder in your FS install and drag the new folder over. This fixes the water weirdness at the end of the runway and adds some more objects around buildings that are near the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    John, i'd love to download and install Devil's Tower but can't seem to get that organised from neither reddit.com nore drive.google.com. ( is that some sort of 'Box' alternate ?..)

Reddit looks like just a forum ? The link brings me to a forum thread about Devil's Tower with a few screenies (looks great!) but no download link. 'Add-On Downloads' contains just one post with a number of links to MSFS add-ons (can't find Devil's Tower amongst them). I registered at Reddit just to be sure.

The first link brings me to 'Drive' which also shows a few great screenshots of Devil's Tower but also a zip file that can be openend with Zip Extractor. Did that and have the content in this 'Drive' environment but can't seem to find a way to move those files anywhere else ?

Did you manage to download/install this Devil's Tower scenery yourself, John ?

If afirm, how ???

Thanks!

Originally Posted by edakridge
    I prefer to keep all "Flight Sim" related stuff off my C: drive so I moved it all to E:. The address of mine is: E:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-936619755-2409447364-1802826837-1000\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimula tor_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Originally Posted by FlyingsCool
    Yeah, that's essentially what I ended up with. I hate how convoluted the installation process was, I just want it at D:\MSFS2020\Packages\Community

And OneStore as the main folder name, really????

Got my MSFS via Steam. Installed on a new, dedicated 2TB SSD. MSFS core at D: Steamlibrary/steamapps/common/MicrosoftFlightSimulator. Next to that on D: MSFSPackages/Community which contains all add-on stuff. MSFSPackages/Official/Steam which contains the 100GB MSFS stuff that was downloaded. There's also an OrbxLibrary here that was created when i installed the new Orbx Central and bought the Insbrück scenery.

After i downloaded the "liveriesmegapack" i unzipped it into D:/MSFSPackages/Community and Bob was my Uncle.

Can't remember exactly but i believe i got the option to install this MSFSPackages folder anywhere i wanted before downloading and installing MSFS.

Your Message

Members who have read this thread: 0