FBA Type "C" Flying Boat

Thread: FBA Type "C" Flying Boat

FBA Type "C" Flying Boat

Hello Folks,

I´ve just uploaded another quite interesting aircraft, the armed observer, FBA Type "C" flying boat of 1916. It will be available as soon as it is authorized for the library.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=19&id=26999

Originally based on the 1914 Donnet-Lévêque Type "A" flying boat, the FBA Type "C" flying boat was built in 1916 by Louis Schreck of Franco-British Aviation. It was equipped with a 130 Hp Clerguet 9B rotary engine, (animated on the model), with a top speed was 59 knots (87 mph).

Over 300 units were built. Rugged and reliable, they were used extensively during the first half of WWI, for coastal and anti-sumbmarine patrol in the North Sea, armed with a Vickers MG in the nose.

This release depicts an early version with the gunner sitting side-by-side next to the pilot, whereas later units had a gunner well further forwards. Many units survived the war and were used as trainers and for private transport.

Here are some screenshots.

I hope you enjoy it. As usual, let me know if there´s anything amiss, and I´ll put it right.

Cheers,
    Aleatorylamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FBA-Screenshot0.jpg   FBA-Screenshot1.jpg   FBA-Screenshot2.jpg   FBA-Screenshot3.jpg   FBA-Screenshot4.jpg   FBA-Screenshot5.jpg  

FBA-Screenshot6.jpg  
    "Why make it simple if you can also make it complicated?"

CFS1 FBA Type "C" Flying Boat, armed observer, 1916.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 1 Aircraft Add-Ons

Description: Originally based on the 1914 Donnet-Lévêque Type "A" flying boat, the FBA Type "C" flying boat was built in 1916 by Louis Schreck of Franco-British Aviation. It was equipped with a 130 Hp Clerguet 9B rotary engine, (animated on the model), with a top speed was 59 knots (87 mph). Over 300 units were built. Rugged and reliable, they were used extensively during the first half of WWI, for coastal and anti-submarine patrol in the North Sea, armed with a Vickers MG in the nose.

This release depicts an early version with the gunner sitting side-by-side next to the pilot, whereas later units had a gunner well further forwards. Many units survived the war and were used as trainers and for private transport. Includes Custom panel for default gauges and Dp files.

Textures by Udo Entenmann.

By Stephan Scholz

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS1 FBA Type "C" Flying Boat, armed observer, 1916.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Members who have read this thread: 0