After Purchase from Microsoft Store , Installation ?

Thread: After Purchase from Microsoft Store , Installation ?

After Purchase from Microsoft Store , Installation ?

After purchase from Microsoft Store and download complete does the installation start automatically from the store and does it give the option during installation of putting it in a different drive ? I hope so because I installed an SSD specifically for MS2020 and I had one hell of a time for this 72 y/o getting that tiny little screw on the one end of the SSD screwed in after plugging it in the M-2 slot ! LOL
    Sorry if this has been covered before . Want to make sure I have all of my ducks in order before I pull the trigger and start my download after purchase.

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    After purchase from Microsoft Store and download complete does the installation start automatically from the store and does it give the option during installation of putting it in a different drive ? I hope so because I installed an SSD specifically for MS2020 and I had one hell of a time for this 72 y/o getting that tiny little screw on the one end of the SSD screwed in after plugging it in the M-2 slot ! LOL
    Sorry if this has been covered before . Want to make sure I have all of my ducks in order before I pull the trigger and start my download after purchase.

Rich
    Yes, once the download is complete you will get the chance to select a drive and folder to place the simulator into.

Some other things to watch for:

- Be sure your Windows 10 is at update 2004. Check Settings>System>About and look for Version.
    - Be sure you have created or accessed your Xbox Live account. Settings> Accounts>"Manage my Microsoft Account" ... A browser will open, click on "Services & Subscriptions".

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    Yes, once the download is complete you will get the chance to select a drive and folder to place the simulator into.

Dutch
    Thanks Dutch for your quick reply ! Might have to drink a few beers while this downloads . Appreciate the extra tips too .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Downloading myself but through Steam. That damn music!!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Downloading myself but through Steam. That damn music!!!

Priller
    Let us know if you can put the sim in another drive with stream. My c: drive I like to keep rather empty.

Yes, you can put it on another drive.
    I purchased from MS Store (not Steam).

It first asks you what drive to put it on when you start the install. I chose my D: drive. This downloads a couple of GB's and takes a few minutes. It says MSFS is loaded (but it's not, I think this is just the installer).
    Then it asks again, and gives you the C: drive. Again, I browsed and chose a directory on my D: drive (way deep in the WpSystems directory based on some vague post I read somewhere; I wish I had just created a D:\MSFS directory). Everything installed on my D: drive (a 1TB Rocket SSD).

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Let us know if you can put the sim in another drive with stream. My c: drive I like to keep rather empty.
    Yes we can! Just before download, the install location is proposed, and you can change that!

This is getting better and better!

The only thing I need to do now is get me a new HOTAS set, because my lowly Logitch Attack 3 isn't recognized.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 0