Wish List
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish List

Wish List

Now that I have my massive package downloading (and speakers muted), I thought I'd start a list of some of the planes I'd like to get my hands on. I'll probably think of more, but this is a start:

Lockheed L-1049 and L 1649
    Lockheed P-38J Lightning
    Twin Otter, both the old DH bird and the new Viking version with modern avionics
    Dash 7
    Dash 8 Q-400
    C-182RG
    Late-model 727 - preferably freighter
    MD-11F
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    I would like to see something like the old T-34. Its glass canopy is perfect for sight seeing. The VAN 7 was good for that, too.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

i am really hoping for a good DC-3
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I'm needing at least one P-51, John. You know who you are!
    If it has to be kind of modern to put it in the sim, I would settle for Strega. Just sayin'.

Dino and DC are working on getting their birds in here, but it seems a lack of documentation in the SDK is slowing them down a bit.

Also need a P-38. The FR B-24, the Glowing Heat B-58 and Blackbirds. Basically, just give me everything I had in P3D and I'll be good. For now.

Agreed on the T-34. Plus I've flown one of those in RL.

I would expect Aeroplane Heaven will be bringing over their new DC-3.

And yeah, I'd happily pay all over again for a FS version of Mustang Tales.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Agreed on the T-34. Plus I've flown one of those in RL.
    Yes, I have about 10 hours in one from the aero club at one of the bases I was assigned. It was a fun airplane to fly.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

My list of airplanes I would like in FS2020 sooner rather than later (pretty much in order):

- A2A P-51 (Civilian)
    - Milviz T-38A
    - A2A T-6
    - Just Flight F-27 (with an MDL that includes external fuel tanks this time!)
    - AH C-47/DC-3
    - FR DC-4/C-54

There are others...but those are the biggies for me.

The absolute most limiting thing I've found in FS 2020 is the positively AWFUL lack of smooth panning capability (in a 360 degree "ball", vs. being limited to one fixed plane with 90 degree angle "detents") around both the VC and in outside views. I still can't "look down" and see the floor of the airplane (should make trying to switch fuel tanks in the 150 or 172 fun!). I'm certain I haven't delved deeply enough into this yet, and there may be a built-in feature or workaround...I'm just not smart enough on it yet.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    The absolute most limiting thing I've found in FS 2020 is the positively AWFUL lack of smooth panning capability (in a 360 degree "ball", vs. being limited to one fixed plane with 90 degree angle "detents") around both the VC and in outside views. I still can't "look down" and see the floor of the airplane (should make trying to switch fuel tanks in the 150 or 172 fun!). I'm certain I haven't delved deeply enough into this yet, and there may be a built-in feature or workaround...I'm just not smart enough on it yet.

Kent
    You just need to reassign your hat to 'Cockpit Look Left' Right etc. by default it's set as 'Cockpit QuickView Left' etc. which is annoying as ****!

Hold the left mouse button and drag. Ctrl-space resets.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

As SkippyBing mentions, you need to assign your hat switch on your controller to the Cockpit Look Down, Look Left, Look Right, Look UP functions. You also have to do this separately for the External View camera, with the same type functions. It will flag you by saying that you have the same switch tied to multiple functions, but it will keep them and it works.

Alternatively, if you have your hand on the mouse, you can click and hold down the right mouse key and the camera will pan wherever you move the mouse as long as your holding down that right mouse key. If you click the mouse wheel once, it will also activate the mouse camera panning until you click the wheel again.

This illustrates my camera settings that I have assigned to my CH Products Fighterstick, which provides panning and zooming with my thumb.

Blog Entries
    If any of you guys have TrackIR, it works beautifully in MSFS.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

I was just going to say that too, John. I really like using Track-IR in the external camera view too, as then you can move the camera angle independent of the aircraft (it functions just like in DCS).

Ooh....TrackIR...had heard of it, but had never looked at it-- until today. That looks like a good solution.

Kent

Need helicopters !!!

VTOL.

Which means Helos
    But also, Harriers.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Need fighters and bombers: vintage/cold war/modern

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by priller View Post
    need fighters and bombers: Vintage/cold war/modern

priller
    Absolutely!

A recorder up to the standards FSrecorder was

Smoke
    Tower Views
    Undock Screen mode

I'm a simple man, I want the essentials before all the planes get here
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga

Beech G18S - not the old tired plain-Jane Beech 18. Aero Commander 500 series. Piper Aztec. DC-3 (not C-47) with variations of doors. Beech Queen Air - straight and slant tail. Cessna 421. All the usual bush planes - Beaver, Otter, Norseman, Super Cub, Pilatus Porter

That should keep a designer or ten busy for a while!!

Don BP

Quote Originally Posted by UKVoodoo View Post
    A recorder up to the standards FSrecorder was
    Undock Screen mode
    My Nvidia card comes with something called GeForce Experience. Not only will it record video, but you can even upload directly to FB and YT from the app. As for undocking, are you talking about windowed mode or something else. If you're looking to take the in-flight UI windows to a second monitor, then click the highlighted button and they'll undock in either windowed or full-screen mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    My Nvidia card comes with something called GeForce Experience. Not only will it record video, but you can even upload directly to FB and YT from the app. As for undocking, are you talking about windowed mode or something else. If you're looking to take the in-flight UI windows to a second monitor, then click the highlighted button and they'll undock in either windowed or full-screen mode.
    I have shadowplay for recording......I'm talking about FSrecorder there, the app that lets you playback and fly with yourself and create different camera views sadly discontinued after FSX but anyone with FS9/FSX would say its an essential

Will check out the undocking to a second monitior although I think thats only instruments....I'm after cockpit view on one screen and Chase plane on the opther for video clips
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    If it has to be kind of modern to put it in the sim, I would settle for Strega. Just sayin'.

Dino and DC are working on getting their birds in here, but it seems a lack of documentation in the SDK is slowing them down a bit.

Also need a P-38. The FR B-24, the Glowing Heat B-58 and Blackbirds. Basically, just give me everything I had in P3D and I'll be good. For now.
    Hahahaha!

Will try my best with the Hustler and Blackbirds!

I posted my list in another thread, but I'll add here as well

More sea planes!
    - Beaver (amphibious)
    - U206
    - Goose
    - Cub on floats.

And for straight up,
    - T-6/SNJ (make sure it's got a hook for the SNJ!)
    - T-34
    - Beech D-18 (and yeah, I'll take the old plain Jane one! )
    - Cherokee ('73 Challenger would be awesome!)
    - Ryan PT-22
    - Stearman or WACO
    - Skyraider (since Piglet's plane is so nice!)
    - Corsair
    - P-38
    - Soptwith Pup
    - B/A-26 Invader or B-25 Mitchell
    - A Navy trainer (T-2 or T-45) and/or fighter jet (so many to choose from, Panther/Cougar, Banshee, F-4, A-4, F-14, F-18, A4D, any would be great.)
    - Grumman S-2
    - DC-3 / C-47

All those and I'd be good for at least a year. A T-28C would be cool, too but I can wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post

Just wish I could get the thing to start, and get all the animations working

Based on what I've read it's not you, it's the SDK, or lack thereof regarding information. I've also been looking at your pics at FB. I know you'll get there eventually and I'm looking forward to it. Take your time and some time to just enjoy flying in the new sim. That cockpit pic looks great.

Ken

Members who have read this thread: 0