MSFS Top Issues Tracker

Thread: MSFS Top Issues Tracker

MSFS Top Issues Tracker

JIC you guys missed it, there is a MSFS Top Issues Tracker.

Check it out if you're having issues.

Regards,
    Ken

Of note, there is a Vsync option and adjustable frame rate limiter within the in-game graphics settings, but it seems to work better to disable the in-game Vsync/frame rate limiter and set your preferred frame rate limit and Vsync in your graphics card settings (such as from the Nvidia Control Panel for those with Nvidia cards).
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 19th, 2020 at 11:15.

I just tried to get to some page where I could report a problem with the Icon A5, but the links just keep sending me in circles. It won't lower the gear in water so that you can transition to land, even though the lever is down and the indicator says it's down. You get to the edge of the water and just end up sitting there on your belly.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Known Issues 8/22/2020

Here is a list of the biggest known issues that MS/Asobo are currently working on rectifying ahead of the first update: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...22-2020/128064

As was announced a few days ago, the release date for the first update will be announced on Thursday the 27th, and knowing from past experience, it may very well be released that same day.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 23rd, 2020 at 06:49.

is there a nvidia inspector profile for Flightsimulator 2020?

I know nicks from simforums for fsx but for MSFS?

best regards,
    Thomas

The top list of known issues/things highest on the list of items being worked on/addressed has been updated: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...-2-2020/128064

Found an interesting one today. I was assigning keyboard keys. I hadn't changed any keyboard assignments before now, so the sim wanted me to name the profile. For all my other controls, I just typed a "1" at the end and moved on. This time, my finger missed the "1" key and hit the one to the left of the "1" key, which, on my keyboard, is the "tidle" key (`). That took down the whole sim. Not a CTD, but I got a lot of lines or orange terminal looking text, and the only thing that worked from that point was to exit the sim. Tried it again on purpose, just to be sure. Same thing happened. Typing a "1", the next time, worked as expected.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Ever since the the recent update, I have more stutters/pauses and CTD if I'm in for about an hour. I'm beginning to wonder if they introduced a memory leak with the latest update. I've never had a CTD in the sim before.

I noticed the stutters and a very qu ill ck pause at nearly 45-50 minute mark, also. My first time able to get in an hour or more on the sim, due to R/L matters. No CTD though. I had not noticed the stutters before, however my times in the sim had only been 1/2 hour or less.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Now it won't even run. I get this error now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CTD-3.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Ever since the the recent update, I have more stutters/pauses and CTD if I'm in for about an hour. I'm beginning to wonder if they introduced a memory leak with the latest update. I've never had a CTD in the sim before.
    You might try turning on Developer Mode and the FPS counter. It shows both GPS and system memory usage. You could monitor the memory usage over time.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I can't turn anything on, it doesn't run anymore. Having said that, I did turn that on to download the SDK.

Edit: Well now I feel stupid. Now I've fixed it. I did two things;

1) I ran repair app. MSFS started but I got the BSOD trying to run it.
    2) Then I noticed everything was running slow on my PC. It turns out I Skyped a friend about five days ago and apparently I didn't completely shut it down. Once I shut it down, everything is running again. Make sure Skype is completely off! It's a freaking resource hog.

Ken
    Last edited by Sundog; September 9th, 2020 at 20:35.

Does it qualify...

Was going along the St-Lawrence river when I stumble on that;

Will report to M$ once my account is approved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bug orlean.jpg  
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

bought myself a new ssd, installed it, but now I have a black screen with 'press any key to start' and irritating dreamy music, but that's it, regardless of which key I press... Now what? Any suggestions?

edit: aha, I needed an xbox app....

edit2: now it can't connect to the content servers. what the hell...?

edit3: "we are unable to sync your data with the cloud at this moment". It's getting annoying...ok, play offline then, oh no, back to the content servers...

One correct aspect, it has apparently decided my name is RevoltedUser60, so true...let's reinstall..

edit 4: same problem after reinstall. I give up for now..
    Last edited by jankees; September 27th, 2020 at 08:39.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    bought myself a new ssd, installed it, but now I have a black screen with 'press any key to start' and irritating dreamy music, but that's it, regardless of which key I press... Now what? Any suggestions?

edit3: "we are unable to sync your data with the cloud at this moment". It's getting annoying...ok, play offline then, oh no, back to the content servers...

One correct aspect, it has apparently decided my name is RevoltedUser60, so true...let's reinstall..

I laughed so much I nearly wet myself!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

I had the same issue with not being able to connect to the servers after the update and no one at Zendesk could help me (so it seemed). After looking over so many posts on their forums about this exact issue, I found one that mentioned opening the Xbox Console Companion program (in my programs list) and logging out, then logging back in. Sure enough, that unjammed whatever it was that was causing my not being about to access the full update and scenery servers. I had already tried logging out of FS2020 and everything else associated with it to no avail, then this suggested fix did it. It's worth a try.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I had the same issue with not being able to connect to the servers after the update and no one at Zendesk could help me (so it seemed). After looking over so many posts on their forums about this exact issue, I found one that mentioned opening the Xbox Console Companion program (in my programs list) and logging out, then logging back in. Sure enough, that unjammed whatever it was that was causing my not being about to access the full update and scenery servers. I had already tried logging out of FS2020 and everything else associated with it to no avail, then this suggested fix did it. It's worth a try.
    and it seems to work! Thank you! Why you need so many obscure apps installed to play a game is beyond me, and why stupid microsoft can't incorporate this themselves is beyond me. By far the most complicated install ever for any program (don't get me started on the buying process!!). Now downloading 103 GB....see if that works.

Still, good to see that with the SOH we always get there!

edit: at this speed we're looking at days of downloading...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

and why stupid microsoft can't incorporate this themselves is beyond me.
    Because it's not Micro$haft, it's Asobo snd just being marketed as Micro$haft.

Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Was going along the St-Lawrence river when I stumble on that;

Will report to M$ once my account is approved.
    Whatdayaknow! It was "repaired" in the Japan update.

I don't know if I had any role in that repair or if someone else reported that bug to the official site. Anyway, I'll take it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bug orlean 3.jpg  
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

I cant believe that things like the great barrier reef are missing, im yet to see water other than small wavelets

The autogen is a tad bit off, when i flew over a major port, the shipping containers were visible however were replaced with tress.

beside the camera panning at the pilots as the axis point, it feels very game-ish

a long way to go before I think its mechanics supersede alternative platforms, very disappointing that MS wont allow warbird's with dirty wings and all helos will be paid DLC

Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Whatdayaknow! It was "repaired" in the Japan update.
    I don't know if I had any role in that repair or if someone else reported that bug to the official site. Anyway, I'll take it!

One of the bugs I reported got fixed too. But it was actually the 1930 patch that included the fix. Japan is technically just a separate addon.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Missing MSFS SDK FlightSim Menus in 3ds Max [Fix]

Some versions of 3ds Max have not been displaying all the menu selections for FlightSim and Babylon. Here is a fix I posted on FSDeveloper
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...ax-fix.449477/

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

It's been 30 days since this one has seen activity, and most issues listed have been resolved (or replaced by other issues ). I'll pull the glue from behind this thread so that new threads can be started for new issues. This thread will stay open in case anything comes up regarding the issues listed here.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I guess the drawback of using AI is that it misinterprets stuff, like trees cut into columns it thinks are column buildings with green on top - along the San Francisco water front between near Fort Mason.

Over all it's very good, but that makes the misinterpreted stuff more glaringly obvious!

Members who have read this thread: 0