Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Just one.

1250410_2023052900391 by Robert Rivera, on Flickr
    And what a Glorious one Bob!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Charter Member 2011

For me, it was the Personalised Plate

Not as fancy as the shots above, but I had loads of fun!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    incredible shot!!! and also the livery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Nice Bomber, though shots like these cause me to muse at the dearth of Mythic Warbirds to fly in this lovely sim. I continue to feel that one of the first, the Corsair, is still one of the best. Would love to have a fly of a Late Zero after flying an F-G1D or Wildcat, assuming the flying characteristics were accurate.

I don't think there is a real lack of warbirds for MSFS, especially given how short of a period of time it has been since this sim was released. I'd always much rather have quality over quantity, anyway. The virtual warbirds I'm most impressed with are those that have been made for DCS, in which the average development time exceeds 8,000 man hours, over a 4-6 year period (that amount of development time is only hard to comprehend for anyone who hasn't spent time developing a virtual aircraft). As a result, there aren't an incredible number of warbirds for that sim, but each one is absolutely phenomenal. I've seen more than one MSFS payware developer claim within recent months that they don't care about absolute accuracy in the visual models they make (or recycle), because "99%" of customers won't care/notice where there are visual errors/inaccuracies. To me, this is always going to be a lazy excuse. I'll continue to put my support behind the developers that have enough care for what they do, and care for the aircraft they make, that they desire to build them for the "1%" that really do care about said aircraft type (and I'd hope that the developer themselves would fall into that same "1%", as otherwise why are you really investing your time making it to begin with?). Right now, in my virtual hangar, I have an F4U (Milviz), F6F (FlyingIron), Spitfire Mk.IX (FlyingIron), P-38L (FlyingIron), P-51D (Asobo), AT-6 (Asobo), C-47 (AH), DH Beaver (Milviz), DH Caribou (ORBX), C-45 (Carenado), Ju-52 (Asobo), Curtiss Jenny (IniBuilds), P-40F (IniBuilds), P-40N (Flight Replicas), Bf 108 (IniBuilds), Tiger Moth (Anthony Lynch), L-4 (Flight Replicas), Hawker Hunters (Dave Garwood) and MB-339 (IndiaFoxTecho), all of which are superb, all of which I am truly grateful for the developers having done such an incredible job, and all of which I have a hard time finding enough time to fly. Any more and it will make it that much harder to find the time to fly them all (especially since I've been flying a lot more civilian types as well). The FlyingIron Spitfire still holds the crown/throne for me, when it comes to favorite warbird in MSFS to-date. FlyingIron, it is said, is expected to be releasing their Bf 109G just about any day now, which will be an instant purchase for me. I too would love to have a well-crafted A6M Zero in MSFS, one built by a skillful developer that has the utmost of passion for and interest in the type - a true desire to do it right. Having seen three different authentic A6Ms fly over the years, I have never seen another aircraft look so sleek and natural, slipping through the air, as the Zero - it left me absolutely enthralled by the aircraft. There is a payware A6M Zero for MSFS, which I purchased to support the developer, but I understand it is not everyone's cup of tea (as the original release thread showed).
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 7th, 2023 at 07:49.

(I realize now that, with my last post, I was responding just as much to the various recent threads in this forum than to the previous post.)

I took a small break from working on B-25 landing gear this morning to do some lake flying. There is still a distinct haze in the sky due to the smoke traveling south from the Canadian wildfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Real, atmospheric - epic!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE JG View Post
    Like the multiple personalities , but apart from this, great shot!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Loving the Hunter trainers! And a few shots around Lossiemouth, Kinloss, and the Cromarty Firth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZF-1.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	91023

Name:	ZF-2.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	91022

Name:	ZF-3.jpg 
Size:	360.1 KB 
ID:	91021

Name:	ZF-4.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	508.4 KB 
ID:	91020

Name:	ZF-5.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	524.4 KB 
ID:	91019

Name:	ZF-6.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	91018

Where did you get the scenery for Lossiemouth and Kinloss? I have the modern Lossiemouth but not the version with buccaneers etc...

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    Loving the Hunter trainers! And a few shots around Lossiemouth, Kinloss, and the Cromarty Firth.

Name:	ZF-1.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	91023

Name:	ZF-2.jpg 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	91022

Name:	ZF-3.jpg 
Size:	360.1 KB 
ID:	91021

Name:	ZF-4.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	508.4 KB 
ID:	91020

Name:	ZF-5.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	524.4 KB 
ID:	91019

Name:	ZF-6.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	91018
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Where did you get the scenery for Lossiemouth and Kinloss? I have the modern Lossiemouth but not the version with buccaneers etc...
    About a year ago, I started messing around with scenery creation, nothing fancy, just "simple" stuff. I used an existing MSFS scenery of both stations as a basis, and then added some buildings that were already on my hard drive from existing scenery as well. Then I converted some of the older FSX static aircraft to add as static models. I would love to share my work, but since it simply mixed and matched the existing work of other people, I would not have the right to do so. I can really only use it for personal use and screenshots, hoping that other people might be inspired to create "official" versions of these iconic stations.

Charter Member 2011

Dave knows his way around these machines, alright

About 3-4 years ago the real Spitfire Mk.IXc ML417, at the time an older restoration, was shipped from the US to the UK, arriving at Aircraft Restoration Company at Duxford, where over the past few years it has undergone a complete overhaul/restoration. It just emerged in the public eye for the first time last week, renewed, and it should be flight-tested very soon by John Romain (with a likely goal to have it at Flying Legends next month). It now features an ever-more accurate paint scheme, the late/tall rudder has been replaced with the early/short rudder as it originally had during the war, and it has gone from having clipped-wings to having full-length wingtips.

Here are some screenshots from an air test with ML417, out of Duxford, using a repaint made by Brad617 a couple years ago, depicting the aircraft as it looked prior to its latest restoration.

Great screenshots, Noddy!

Richard, is that a new repaint of yours for Mike's P-40, or is my old one? I was just going through files the other day and noticed I still have all of the repaints I did and was working on for the FSX version, still in their layered files. So, I was thinking of seeing about recompiling and releasing them for the MSFS version, if they still fit.

Members who have read this thread: 345