Screenshots - Page 238
Page 238 of 278 FirstFirst ... 138188228230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246248 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 6927

Thread: Screenshots

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Deft work.
    Whose aircraft?
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Deft work.
    Whose aircraft?
    T43
    The de Havilland DHG-83 Fox Moth by Flight Replicas. You'll find it in the marketplace.

NZ566 (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZ566 (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZ566 (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Charter Member 2011
    Love those Big Zoom shots, for some reason it makes it seem more close and personal!
    Absolute poster quality Cats, well done.

The new F-14 really is an astonishing piece of work. The detail of the dents and undulations on the aircraft skin is totally amazing.

I looked at the PMDG DC-6 in the sim last night and when compared to the Tomcat the textures and modelling look really dated.

Now the pressure is on ASOBO and MS to bring the rest of the Sim up to the same level of detail !!

Who would have thought we'd be in this position a few years ago when we were fiddling around with FSX and P3D!!

Can't resist it - don't get the soundtrack "Top Gun" out of my head after watching those great shots!
    Best regards, Manfred.

bader (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

bader (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

bader (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Looking at the shots of the F-14, it appears to be a bit lumpy and dented around the forward fuselage and nose cone.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Looking at the shots of the F-14, it appears to be a bit lumpy and dented around the forward fuselage and nose cone.
    Firstly, i think you are certainly to be congratulated with being the first on our virtual planet who dares to speak more or less in sort of a negative or atleast sceptical sense about the IFE/Heatblur Super MasterPiece that is their native MSFS Grumman F-14A/B Tomcat model. More accolades to you. Sir !

Secondly, it is possibly without a shadow of doubt that if you happen to stand next to the real F-14A Tomcat VF-111 Sundowners NL200/161621/1989 "Miss Molly", you will notice exactly the same lumpy and dented appearance of the forward fuselage and nose cone. So when it comes to the F-14 model at hand that's just accurate photorealism at work. And not only that, it is THE VERY BEST photoreal aircraft texturing we can feast our eyes on sofar in MSFS.

Strap yourself in, Paul, and you'll have to admit this gotta be absolutely the next best thing to the real cockpit. I just read somewhere about a flightsimmer who stepped into the VC of the PMDG DC-6 after a flight with the Tomcat and couldn't believe how 'dated' it looked... That says something, doesn't it.

Edit: @ collensr: sorry, i didn't realize it was you who thought that about the PMDG DC-6.... ;-)

Yeah ! Mike's Spit certainly looks the part as well !

A few more of the Tomcat for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Firstly, i think you are certainly to be congratulated with being the first on our virtual planet who dares to speak more or less in sort of a negative or atleast sceptical sense about the IFE/Heatblur Super MasterPiece that is their native MSFS Grumman F-14A/B Tomcat model. More accolades to you. Sir !

Secondly, it is possibly without a shadow of doubt that if you happen to stand next to the real F-14A Tomcat VF-111 Sundowners NL200/161621/1989 "Miss Molly", you will notice exactly the same lumpy and dented appearance of the forward fuselage and nose cone. So when it comes to the F-14 model at hand that's just accurate photorealism at work. And not only that, it is THE VERY BEST photoreal aircraft texturing we can feast our eyes on sofar in MSFS.

Strap yourself in, Paul, and you'll have to admit this gotta be absolutely the next best thing to the real cockpit. I just read somewhere about a flightsimmer who stepped into the VC of the PMDG DC-6 after a flight with the Tomcat and couldn't believe how 'dated' it looked... That says something, doesn't it.

Edit: @ collensr: sorry, i didn't realize it was you who thought that about the PMDG DC-6.... ;-)
    +1

I've had the privilege to stand next to an F-14A in 1999 and those birds looked very worn indeed. I would say that is normal for a +25 yo plane that flies off aircraft carriers.

@ Bomber_12th and ZsoltB: brilliant shots guys!!!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Hi Jan,

My most recent Tomcat encounter was with this one in Kalamazoo, Michigan this last October (I was visiting my daughter, who lives over there ). It's obviously not a great picture to provide a comparison, but dents and bumps didn't grab my attention as I wandered round it.

The only other Tomcat I've seen in the flesh, was one off the USS Nimitz at Mildenhall air display in the UK back in the 1980s. Could well have been a very new aircraft at that time.

The bumps, dents and lumps in the forward fuselage just seem too noticeable on this model, particularly for an in-service aircraft. Look at the lower side edge of the canopy frame in some of the pictures - it quite wobbly in places.

Don't get me wrong - it's a fabulous model, and were I not engrossed with Just Flight's Vulcan at the moment, I'd be very tempted. Of course, at the end of the day, it's down to the individual simmer and how each of us perceive it. :O)

That is a very nice picture Paul, thanks for sharing.

Of course, that is a museum/exhibition environment, not at all comparable to an operational environment. Just look at the F-8, it looks pristine!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    A few more of the Tomcat for today.

I knew you'd post some glorious pics! How is it?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I knew you'd post some glorious pics! How is it?
    Thank you, Ryan. I still have a lot to learn about it, but I've been in awe of everything I've seen, heard and experienced with it in the sim so-far. A lot of great features, stunning visuals, and what seem to me to be high quality sounds and very accurate flight dynamics (those who know way more about the F-14 than me, seem to agree). I've always been intimidated by these military jets with long operating checklists but, after having one go with the detailed starting checklist, I've gotten it down pretty well pat now just by memory. I also saw a Youtube short that demonstrates doing the quick start procedure in less than 60-seconds, which helped as well. I haven't gotten into the avionics/autopilot yet, and have just been enjoying putting the aircraft through its paces. I've always really wanted the DCS Heatblur F-14, but I couldn't justify the purchase based on how little time I've spent in DCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    That is a very nice picture Paul, thanks for sharing.

Of course, that is a museum/exhibition environment, not at all comparable to an operational environment. Just look at the F-8, it looks pristine!

Cheers,

Priller
    True, the paint work is buffed up nicely - but I am talking about physical lumps and bumps. Compare the two pictures below. The first is a cropped part of Bomber-12ths screenshot earlier in this thread, the second an in-service F-14 about to trap. Note the bottom edge of the canopy frame, arrowed in green, and how ragged it is compared to the real one. Also arrowed in green is the panel covering the refuelling probe - compared to the real one, the MSFS one looks very battered. These are two examples - you can also compare the dents ( or lack of them ) on the two nose cones.

Gosh golly, it's almost like a $59.99 PC game can't recreate reality to 100% precision.

You'll always be able to find some differences between a sim and reality. It's the nature of simulation. But people on sim forums act like it's a contest sometime.

I grew up on this (which remains the most *fun* F-14 simulation ever.) I can handle 95% accurate bump maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f-14.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	436.4 KB 
ID:	92559

mm (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

mm (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

mm (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

mm (0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

mm (0011) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

mm (0012) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

different computer, and suddenly I have smoke, and bombs and rockets on the ghost planes, odd

Members who have read this thread: 354