Screenshots - Page 177

Thread: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    Heading out of South America and back to the Caribbean.

Nice cloudscape, Forest ! Nice plane too !

Thanks! :-)

Forest

That screenshot makes me wish the Asobo/Microsoft Mustang had an opening canopy too, which would make it a bit more fun. Having spent Christmas weekend sick with COVID, I'm glad to be feeling well enough to back to doing some virtual flying again while I have the week off from work. I was thinking of the 352nd FG and The Battle of the Bulge while flying 'Moonbeam' over the winter landscape.

I hope you have a speedy recovery John, covid sucks.. take the time to rest and take care.

Finished this, now on Flightsim.to

FZ692 ON THE TARMAC by Doug Smith, on Flickr

DAKOTA FZ692 TAXI AT CWHM by Doug Smith, on Flickr

C-47 FZ692 OVER BC by Doug Smith, on Flickr

I absolutely love this repaint of the CWHM Dakota, Doug, it is superb! Here is just a smattering of screenshots I took this evening.

All your shots are getting better and better and even more real - a pleasure to watch 'em every day
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    That screenshot makes me wish the Asobo/Microsoft Mustang had an opening canopy too, which would make it a bit more fun. Having spent Christmas weekend sick with COVID, I'm glad to be feeling well enough to back to doing some virtual flying again while I have the week off from work. I was thinking of the 352nd FG and The Battle of the Bulge while flying 'Moonbeam' over the winter landscape.

Glad to here you are on the mend Bomber. Yes although if the canopy fell back onto the fuselage as in real life that would be even better! I would guess having two animation movements would be too complex.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canopy-type-5-3.jpg  

http://

Always blown away by the quality of the modelling on AH's Mustang.

The gun bay looks familiar. Pictured below is my work for Warbirdsim, 12+ years ago, in FSX - with properly-marked feed chutes with red paint (indicating left-side... the right-sight chutes had green paint), as well as authentically-painted ammunition tips (black indicating armor-piercing, silver indicating armor-piercing incendiary), authentic inspection stamps and placards, etc. The three-digit numbers on the guns being the last three digits of the individual aircraft's serial number (applied to the guns in the field). It's a shame to hear about the AH P-51 canopy animation issue, with the rear of the canopy not properly "latched down" - excusable if it was 20-30+ years ago, but it is common knowledge now about how the P-51D canopy functions. Not just two side rails and rollers, but another, nearly identical, rail and roller in the aft upper fuselage with which the rear of the canopy is also attached. As the canopy is rolled back, it rotates slightly downward at the back, hinged at all three locations of the canopy rollers. I remember it was a bit of a bear to animate authentically, but nothing that couldn't be done in one afternoon's time.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post

Lovely shot. Interesting angle. And if we ever get an afternoon John, I suspect we might get to the canopy. Happy New year.

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    Heading out of South America and back to the Caribbean.

Forest
    As good a shot of that wonderful PMDG model as you'd ever want to see. Just lovely !

Last edited by shotgunshack; December 29th, 2022 at 04:02. Reason: Add text

The gun bay looks familiar. Pictured below is my work for Warbirdsim, 12+ years ago, in FSX - with properly-marked feed chutes with red paint (indicating left-side... the right-sight chutes had green paint), as well as authentically-painted ammunition tips (black indicating armor-piercing, silver indicating armor-piercing incendiary), authentic inspection stamps and placards, etc. The three-digit numbers on the guns being the last three digits of the individual aircraft's serial number (applied to the guns in the field). It's a shame to hear about the AH P-51 canopy animation issue, with the rear of the canopy not properly "latched down" - excusable if it was 20-30+ years ago, but it is common knowledge now about how the P-51D canopy functions. Not just two side rails and rollers, but another, nearly identical, rail and roller in the aft upper fuselage with which the rear of the canopy is also attached. As the canopy is rolled back, it rotates slightly downward at the back, hinged at all three locations of the canopy rollers. I remember it was a bit of a bear to animate authentically, but nothing that couldn't be done in one afternoon's time.

My hat off to you John. The Warbirdsim P-51D was a beautiful model in FSX and the early P3D.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Lovely shot. Interesting angle. And if we ever get an afternoon John, I suspect we might get to the canopy. Happy New year.

.....and a paper drop tank would be great Baz.

Happy New Year

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    . Feel free to work your way through any or all of the Canucks in this article: https://www.ipmscanada.com/wp-conten...es_02_2013.pdf. And many thanks!

August
    All...maybe not, but a few, sure!

663 (0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

663 (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

663 (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

332 (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

332 (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

332 (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

My repaint of Fagen Fighters WWII Museum's original airworthy Curtiss JN-4D Jenny is now available on Flightsim.to. This aircraft was originally built at the Curtiss factory in Buffalo, New York with construction number 450, and delivered to the U.S. Army Signal Corps at Taylor Field, located near Montgomery, Alabama, in March 1918. With the Signal Corps, it was assigned serial number 2975. It served as a trainer at Taylor Field until May 1919, when it was sold back to the Curtiss Aeroplane and Motor Corp., minus engine. At the time, it had only 184 flight hours on the clock. Its first civilian owner was a Mr. Garrison, who flew it in the early 1920s until it was wrecked in a crash. The aircraft would however remain in storage with the Garrison family for decades until when it was ultimately acquired by Cole Palen, founder of the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. In 1972, Ken Hyde of Warrenton, Virginia was able to acquire the unrestored airframe by trading some LeRhone rotary engines to Palen. As a backburner project while working on many other antique and classic aircraft restorations, Ken Hyde spent 16 years restoring the Jenny in exacting detail to as it would have looked when delivered new to the Signal Corps in 1918. This included reusing 75-80% of the original wood, restoring and fitting an original Curtiss-Hammondsport OX-5 engine, and finding all of the original hardware. Among the many rare original items incorporated in the restoration is an aileron pulley which came from Charles Lindbergh's Curtiss Jenny. As per original, the restored aircraft is covered in linen and finished with four coats of clear dope and two coats of varnish. The varnish, which is what gives the fabric its amber color and serves the purpose of waterproofing, was made to original U.S. Army Signal Corps specifications consisting of orange shellac mixed with alcohol. Also, as per original, all metal panels were painted an early version of olive drab, sometimes referred to as "Olive 22". Following completion, in 1987 Ken Hyde flew the Jenny on an epic 780-mile cross-country flight from Virginia to Oshkosh, Wisconsin, where it won that year's Antique Grand Champion award at the annual EAA convention. Following Oshkosh '87, Ken Hyde hoped to be able to track down through research which specific squadron the aircraft actually served with at Taylor Field, since there were four squadrons in all, in order to apply the aircraft's original fuselage markings. However, this goal seems to have never been able to be reached as the fuselage has remained void of markings. In the 2000s, the Jenny was loaned to the Virginia Aviation Museum in Richmond, Virginia, where it was displayed static. In 2014, it was purchased by Fagen Fighters WWII Museum and, following some subsequent restoration, the aircraft was moved to its new home in Granite Falls, Minnesota, where it has since flown and remains airworthy today.

Everything from the many small black metal brackets & fittings, to the interior and exterior fabric, interior and exterior wood, leather straps and metal latches on the cowling, leather around the cockpits, bare metal and painted windscreen framing, etc. was all made to have the right colors/finishes to match the authentic restoration. This included making a lot of adjustments to the many complete map (PBR) files. There is also stenciling around the wings, wing struts and cockpit which match the restoration.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; December 30th, 2022 at 07:10.

My repaint of Fagen Fighters WWII Museum's original airworthy Curtiss JN-4D Jenny is now available on Flightsim.to. This aircraft was originally built at the Curtiss factory in Buffalo, New York with construction number 450, and delivered to the U.S. Army Signal Corps at Taylor Field, located near Montgomery, Alabama, in March 1918. With the Signal Corps, it was assigned serial number 2975. It served as a trainer at Taylor Field until May 1919, when it was sold back to the Curtiss Aeroplane and Motor Corp., minus engine. At the time, it had only 184 flight hours on the clock. Its first civilian owner was a Mr. Garrison, who flew it in the early 1920s until it was wrecked in a crash. The aircraft would however remain in storage with the Garrison family for decades until when it was ultimately acquired by Cole Palen, founder of the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. In 1972, Ken Hyde of Warrenton, Virginia was able to acquire the unrestored airframe by trading some LeRhone rotary engines to Palen. As a backburner project while working on many other antique and classic aircraft restorations, Ken Hyde spent 16 years restoring the Jenny in exacting detail to as it would have looked when delivered new to the Signal Corps in 1918. This included reusing 75-80% of the original wood, restoring and fitting an original Curtiss-Hammondsport OX-5 engine, and finding all of the original hardware. Among the many rare original items incorporated in the restoration is an aileron pulley which came from Charles Lindbergh's Curtiss Jenny. As per original, the restored aircraft is covered in linen and finished with four coats of clear dope and two coats of varnish. The varnish, which is what gives the fabric its amber color and serves the purpose of waterproofing, was made to original U.S. Army Signal Corps specifications consisting of orange shellac mixed with alcohol. Also, as per original, all metal panels were painted an early version of olive drab, sometimes referred to as "Olive 22". Following completion, in 1987 Ken Hyde flew the Jenny on an epic 780-mile cross-country flight from Virginia to Oshkosh, Wisconsin, where it won that year's Antique Grand Champion award at the annual EAA convention. Following Oshkosh '87, Ken Hyde hoped to be able to track down through research which specific squadron the aircraft actually served with at Taylor Field, since there were four squadrons in all, in order to apply the aircraft's original fuselage markings. However, this goal seems to have never been able to be reached as the fuselage has remained void of markings. In the 2000s, the Jenny was loaned to the Virginia Aviation Museum in Richmond, Virginia, where it was displayed static. In 2014, it was purchased by Fagen Fighters WWII Museum and, following some subsequent restoration, the aircraft was moved to its new home in Granite Falls, Minnesota, where it has since flown and remains airworthy today.Everything from the many small black metal brackets & fittings, to the interior and exterior fabric, interior and exterior wood, leather straps and metal latches on the cowling, leather around the cockpits, bare metal and painted windscreen framing, etc. was all made to have the right colors/finishes to match the authentic restoration. This included making a lot of adjustments to the many complete map (PBR) files. There is also stenciling around the wings, wing struts and cockpit which match the restoration.
    Absolutly beautiful .
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 354