Screenshots - Page 202

Thread: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    What scenery?
    Redwing 1930's, Le Bourget. pardon my french.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Redwing 1930's, Le Bourget. pardon my french.
    Wow ! More beautiful MSFS scenery to add to my list.

Thank-you, for spotlighting it here, @dvj.

https://redwing-copter.com/
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Wow ! More beautiful MSFS scenery to add to my list. Thank-you, for spotlighting it here, @dvj.https://redwing-copter.com/
    There are quite a few 1930's airports from Redwing in the MSFS Marketplace. Quite reasonably priced. They all look like the screen shot with various differences in buildings and static aircraft.

With so much MSFS Scenery everywhere you look ......... well, I'm starting to feel like a kid in a candy store, lol !

Lately I have also been inspired to take a closer look into MSFS Caribbean scenery and going northward up to Florida - been finding lots in this region, both payware and freeware at 'fs.to'.
    'IslandSimPilot' has lots of ideas for scenery in this region as depicted in his flights on YT : https://www.youtube.com/@IslandSimPilot/videos
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

To illustrate a point I made about why you shouldn't just a plane's shape from screenshots, this is the same plane, in the same spot, both shot with the drone camera. The first image is with the default camera settings, 50% zoom. The second image is at 90% zoom. No other changes to the image other than adjusting the zoom. (And having to move the camera farther back for the higher zoom.)

The default camera settinng distorts the heck out of a plane's shape, and I see lots of shots, even from devs, that are taken at the default zoom setting. So it's something to consider before getting upset at a distorted aircraft shape from pre-release screenshots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 5_27_2023 11_25_54 PM_.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	90883

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 5_27_2023 11_28_07 PM_.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	90884

Excellent tribute to Dave's likewise T.7 model, John !

Lovely color scheme too !

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    To illustrate a point I made about why you shouldn't just a plane's shape from screenshots, this is the same plane, in the same spot, both shot with the drone camera. The first image is with the default camera settings, 50% zoom. The second image is at 90% zoom. No other changes to the image other than adjusting the zoom. (And having to move the camera farther back for the higher zoom.)

The default camera settinng distorts the heck out of a plane's shape, and I see lots of shots, even from devs, that are taken at the default zoom setting. So it's something to consider before getting upset at a distorted aircraft shape from pre-release screenshots.

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 5_27_2023 11_25_54 PM_.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	90883

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 5_27_2023 11_28_07 PM_.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	90884
    Well, ain't that just a tad too extreme, Denny ?.. No one in his right state of mind is going to complain about the shape of something using that kind of extreme zoom. IF somebody complains about the shape of something on an aircraft model we can safely assume he knows what he's doing and is talking about, right ?

Btw, certainly don't what to re-start the dispute about Dean's F-4 nose, Tom didn't close the thread for nothing, but i'll eat my top hat with pepper and salt if 'distortion of a screenshot' has anything to do with the said dispute. It's just not enirely the right i.e. 'perfect' shape. That's all.

Denny's exaggerated the effect to illustrate the point, and he makes a good one. I've taken screenshots of Just Flight's Arrow III, and from some angles and zooms, it's got a wing span comparable to a U-2.

@Bomber_12th is that a VC shot with the pilots? Or is it an external shot but taken from inside the cockpit? Be great to see the pilots in the VC.
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

It's from the external model.

http://

- - - Updated - - -

http://

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Well, ain't that just a tad too extreme, Denny ?.. No one in his right state of mind is going to complain about the shape of something using that kind of extreme zoom.
    The thing is, that "extreme" zoom? That's the default 50% zoom. Yes, I zoomed in closer than default, and it's an ultrawidescreen monitor, and those exaggerate the effect further. But until you get to the realm of 90% zoom, there's some distortion, which is my point. Until you either fly the plane, or actually see video of it that pans around the exterior, it's best to give the designers the benefit of the doubt. I rarely see even see experienced devs or marketing folks setting the zoom to the point where distortion is minimized when making screenshots.

Anyway, the Phantom discussion is what made me think about pointing out the zoom issue, but I posted it here more thinking it's a good tip for people making screenshots. We can start a thread about best screenshot practices if we want to discuss techniques, etc. Might be a fun discussion!

In the meantime, to get back on track, I've recently gotten addicted to FSEconomy, and it's been super fun how it's both gotten me explore between airports it never would have occurred to me to fly between, and to dig out cool planes I haven't spent enough time flying. Lately I've been flying the G-44 Widgeon, with a superb Jankees paint scheme, around the Juneau, AK and BC area.

The thing is, that "extreme" zoom? That's the default 50% zoom. Yes, I zoomed in closer than default, and it's an ultrawidescreen monitor, and those exaggerate the effect further. But until you get to the realm of 90% zoom, there's some distortion, which is my point. Until you either fly the plane, or actually see video of it that pans around the exterior, it's best to give the designers the benefit of the doubt.
    Agreed of course but in this case a LOT of screenshots of the forthcoming F4 are posted on the JF site with which the nose section is always in view and i just can't see any sign of zoom related distortion in any of 'em. I think one of the most impressive screenies might be this one :

One look at the nose in this particular shot only is enough for a 'connaisseur' to decide if there's something wrong with the shape of the nose or not. Not posting a comparison shot of the real one here because we don't want to start that again but if need be : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:F...)_1972-73.JPEG

For me, case is clear.

Anyway, the Phantom discussion is what made me think about pointing out the zoom issue, but I posted it here more thinking it's a good tip for people making screenshots. We can start a thread about best screenshot practices if we want to discuss techniques, etc. Might be a fun discussion!
    Well, there already is a specific "screenshots and how to do it" thread in the permanent sticky department, Denny. You do know about that, don't you ? If not here you go : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ot-here!-(Tips!)

Great tips and some truly amazing screenshots by Screenshootist pur sang Richard Louis. No that much of a discussion though. Richard's screenies might be just a tad too intimidating. These pictures literally tell a thousand stories. No discussion needed.

In the meantime, to get back on track, I've recently gotten addicted to FSEconomy,
    What exactly is that, Denny ?

Lately I've been flying the G-44 Widgeon, with a superb Jankees paint scheme, around the Juneau, AK and BC area.
    Certainly one of my favs too ! Nice screenies !

My fav too and here's why :

Back to the 60's, 10 year old boy, one of my first plastic models. Remember it like it was yesterday. No more plastic models. All digital now. ;-)

What would particularly be great here is that we could assign todays watersplash effects ourselves to any older floatplane we have.

Question : has anybody possibly dived in to this matter already ? I mean figured out how watersplash effects are attached to f.i. the Beaver and Hughes H-4 ?.... Care to share ??....

I had that Airfix Gosling! I'd completely forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me, Jan.

Gentlemen...

The horse is dead. Please stop beating it. This thread is supposed to be about screenshot artistry. Can we please keep to that track?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Gentlemen...The horse is dead. Please stop beating it. This thread is supposed to be about screenshot artistry. Can we please keep to that track?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAbc5uQXJo-d

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Gentlemen...

The horse is dead. Please stop beating it. This thread is supposed to be about screenshot artistry. Can we please keep to that track?
    Actually it's still on track, Tom. The whole thing started *because* of screenshots... And i would never ever beat a horse, not even if he/she is dead. But let's not go into that. That would be *really* off track.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I had that Airfix Gosling! I'd completely forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me, Jan.
    Your welcome, Paul.

Remarkable how 'plastic-aircraft-model-making' can be remembered so well atleast with *some* models and after so many years have gone by and the models itself are looong gone. I feel it's even a bit like photographs. The joy i had with not just making and painting the models but also with visiting my local hobby shop (also looooong gone...) going over the collection over and over again and to see what's new, is just unforgetable. I guess it must be because i was young and still had dreams to become a pilot...Hehe... dream on little boy...

(RE: FSEconomy)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    What exactly is that, Denny ?
    It's a free online "mission" system that offers a bit of a "structure" to MSFS. You can engage with it really casually, just looking for interesting places to fly, or get hardcore into it and run virtual FBOs and join groups with friends. www.fseconomy.net

I've flown Flight Sim for 40 years now (!!!!) without a need or desire for structure. But I've learned that FSEconomy is fun because finding missions to fly gets me to explore areas and airports I'd never think of otherwise! Some screenshots to illustrate, to stay on-topic.

The Nebraska sandhills! Really cool formations I ended up reading about online after encountering them by chance. I'd never flown around Nebraska before.

I've been basing out of Juneau, AK lately and finding fun small airports and amazing scenery in the area.

For instance, the beautiful Return to Misty Moorings seaplane bases...

If there's any interest in forming a Sim-Outhouse group together, we should totally create a topic to talk about it!

(RE: FSEconomy)
    It's a free online "mission" system that offers a bit of a "structure" to MSFS. You can engage with it really casually, just looking for interesting places to fly, or get hardcore into it and run virtual FBOs and join groups with friends. www.fseconomy.net

I've flown Flight Sim for 40 years now (!!!!) without a need or desire for structure. But I've learned that FSEconomy is fun because finding missions to fly gets me to explore areas and airports I'd never think of otherwise! Some screenshots to illustrate, to stay on-topic.

The Nebraska sandhills! Really cool formations I ended up reading about online after encountering them by chance. I'd never flown around Nebraska before.
    I've been basing out of Juneau, AK lately and finding fun small airports and amazing scenery in the area.
    For instance, the beautiful Return to Misty Moorings seaplane bases...

If there's any interest in forming a Sim-Outhouse group together, we should totally create a topic to talk about it!
    Thanks Denny, that sounds seriously interesting. I'd like to install it and give it go one of these days !

But first have some work to do. I know where the test area will be ! I remember the Misty Moorings floatplane base from FSX/P3D. Wow!! That looks particularly charming in MSFS !

Thanks again for the info !

Members who have read this thread: 347