be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    DJV, if you want to get rid of that red-green distortion in the hangar, you can do a quick edit. Open the UserCfg.opt (two folder levels up from the Community folder) and search for the word Fringe. There are two instances of Fringe 1 - change them to Fringe 0 and restart.
    Thanks for this tip Tom.

Do you know if it is (still) possible to get out of the hangar ? In the very, very beginning of MSFS, someone had a way of doing it

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    DJV, if you want to get rid of that red-green distortion in the hangar, you can do a quick edit. Open the UserCfg.opt (two folder levels up from the Community folder) and search for the word Fringe. There are two instances of Fringe 1 - change them to Fringe 0 and restart.
    Very helpful, thanks. Never understood the Asobo thinking on the fringe.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Nice shot!!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Tiger Viper

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1054).jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	90276

The Shaw based 79th FS "Tigers" are on Red Flag 93-2 at Nellis the moment

I was poking around the Marketplace and found an "enhanced" version of the TBM that enables different information to be displayed on each PFD. The description says it can be hard on some systems, but from the frames I'm seeing, it's no problem here.

Just left TNCM on an air taxi run with a load of tourists, leveled off at 17,000 to maintain VFR, nice comfy cruise set with 85% NG to save fuel.

Fantastic day to be flying!

Coming into Guadeloupe, about to catch the ILS beam for Le Raizet airport - TFFR

Now that we're here, kindly get your stuff and get off my plane!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Some traner shots.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I've finally got this one finished and uploaded today - it ended up being way more work than I thought it was going to be when I started. https://flightsim.to/file/52289/p-51...4-73877-g-cmdk

Cross Country

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1058).jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	90282

Holloman Viper waiting for crew-in at the Santa Barbara FBO this afternoon

I would love to add military starter cart and ground crew/equipment to scenes like this - used to be a breeze in P3D but I have no idea how to do it in MSFS.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I've finally got this one finished and uploaded today - it ended up being way more work than I thought it was going to be when I started. https://flightsim.to/file/52289/p-51...4-73877-g-cmdk

Just read the Aeroplane Monthly article on Blakeslee John, what a great leader. Loved by his men disliked by his superiors, sounds the right balance if you only want to destroy the enemy and not waste time chasing promotion. Downloading now.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Just read the Aeroplane Monthly article on Blakeslee John, what a great leader. Loved by his men disliked by his superiors, sounds the right balance if you only want to destroy the enemy and not waste time chasing promotion.
    That is a great article! I had been planning on doing the repaint since this past fall, and when I read the recent issue of Aeroplane, it got me energized to finally get it made.

Back in the early 2000s, the History Channel had a brilliant series called "Battle Stations", which I recorded the episode on the P-51 and would replay it often (to get my Mustang fix, back before sites like Youtube sprang up). In that episode, there are great segments of interviews with original WWII Mustang pilots, one of them being Don Blakeslee. You can get sort of a sense of the character he had by his great responses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVCe2dZMc0w

John,have you ever gotten to sit and talk with Bud Anderson? hes kinda shy,but he will talk once comfortable.i lost his number after i moved to utah (lost all my contacts,sighs).. but Buds a really nice guy,shoot him your interest and knowledge of P-51s and i know he will speak to you,hes 101? this year i think. but i called him on his 100th and he was still very sharp.

That is a great article! I had been planning on doing the repaint since this past fall, and when I read the recent issue of Aeroplane, it got me energized to finally get it made.

Back in the early 2000s, the History Channel had a brilliant series called "Battle Stations", which I recorded the episode on the P-51 and would replay it often (to get my Mustang fix, back before sites like Youtube sprang up). In that episode, there are great segments of interviews with original WWII Mustang pilots, one of them being Don Blakeslee. You can get sort of a sense of the character he had by his great responses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVCe2dZMc0w

I've finally got this one finished and uploaded today - it ended up being way more work than I thought it was going to be when I started.
    Amazing work as usual John!

Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Oh. that looks like the uh, uh???

aircraft by Rob uh, uh, whose development partner got sick a couple of years ago.

I'm drawing a blank .... work brain, work! somebody help me out.

She was a sexy aircraft that I had in FSX and then in P3D

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    .... The Beechcraft Duke .......

Flameout, that actually happens to be a very stylish Beech Baron, which is the stock MSFS model that has been overhauled by Black Square, available here: https://www.justflight.com/product/s...l-analog-baron

Seeing the gorgeous repaints by Tim and Ryan, I know I'm going to eventually have to purchase both it and the remade Bonanza as well. (Thank you Tim, for the compliment on the P-51 repaint!)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    John,have you ever gotten to sit and talk with Bud Anderson? hes kinda shy,but he will talk once comfortable.i lost his number after i moved to utah (lost all my contacts,sighs).. but Buds a really nice guy,shoot him your interest and knowledge of P-51s and i know he will speak to you,hes 101? this year i think. but i called him on his 100th and he was still very sharp.
    Hey Dave - I've never talked to Bud Anderson, though I've read his book (which is excellent) and I got to see him fly Jim Hagedorn's P-51D "Old Crow" back in the early 2000s (then still owned by Jack Roush). I have been fortunate that, through my work for Warbirdsim over a decade ago, I had the honor of being contacted by a few WWII Mustang vets as well as some family members of others that flew Mustangs during the war.

Members who have read this thread: 344