Screenshots - Page 11
Page 11 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Foggy Morning (live weather)

I went to Everett, WA this morning just to take some screenshots of some AI boat traffic, but I was really impressed with the live weather at the time (just after 6:30 AM), with fog rolling in off the water and hanging in the lowlands. These screenshots are from Everett and on up to near to Skagit.

The fog and low clouds effect is terrific from now !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Madeira is almost as beautiful as it is in real life..:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hoping to get this one native at some point. But this screenshot demonstrates how great the depiction of weather is. Simply breathtaking.

John Terrell, amazing screens! You've got the Boeing Everett Delivery center in one of your shots. Beautiful sunrises can be seen from most places inside.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thank you Rick. I always think of you when I'm in the area. I like the amount of airliners they have parked outside of the Boeing facilities in the sim.

Love those shots of Madeira, Ferry! I think Asobo did a fantastic job with the 'bespoke/hand-crafted' airports such as that one. Whether for free or requiring some charge, I'm hoping we will continue to see more airports like those built/released by Asobo. They have said that the free World Updates, which will be released every 2-3 months, will include more hand-crafted airports, so it will be interesting to see if they will be of that order.

Yeah, the weather in this sim is beyond anything I've experienced before in a flight simulator. I've been flying around Alaska and I'm just now into Canada on Vancouver island. But the fog and the low cloud deck are so real, it's simply amazing. I'm going to have to start loading it up at my house in the morning to get a real weather check!

Canyonlands Monsoon. So impressed with the weather generation

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Berlin, with the Reichstag and Brandenburger Tor in view, and the tower at the Alexanderplatz in the background. Not bad, but detail is a bit missing up close.

Mont St. Michel:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Some more examples of the incredible detail in every one of the default aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post

Mont St. Michel:

Ferry,

Could you show us some shots of Pleurtuit St-Mâlo please? In FS9 that was one of my favourite sceneries!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

It would appear that someone goofed when they did London. The docks on the Thames are supposed to have ships. They are obviously there in the sat images, but they were just incorporated into the water masks instead of being modeled. As a result, there are several sunken vessels in the Thames in the middle of London!

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It would appear that someone goofed when they did London. The docks on the Thames are supposed to have ships. They are obviously there in the sat images, but they were just incorporated into the water masks instead of being modeled. As a result, there are several sunken vessels in the Thames in the middle of London!

It looks like the ships have all sunk.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Some more examples of the incredible detail in every one of the default aircraft.

I don't understand all the gripes with the default aircraft. Yes, some functions are missing, that that does not prevent one from having some good flights. I'm holding off any aftermarket aircraft until there are more patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If you are in the area, fly over Elstree. Nearby there is an Airbus sunk into a field. Perhaps they are farming them there...

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I don't understand all the gripes with the default aircraft. Yes, some functions are missing, that that does not prevent one from having some good flights. I'm holding off any aftermarket aircraft until there are more patches.
    Exactly. They are light years better than the default aircraft ever experienced in any previous Microsoft Flight Simulator, P3D or X-Plane - visually inside and out, engine sounds, sound dynamics, sound effects, flight dynamics, physics, the amount of working switches/systems, the wide span and functionality of the avionics/autopilot/GPS systems, airframe and windshield icing, carb icing, electrical failures, etc. I can't believe how many people have stated that a certain aircraft is completely "unflyable" just because there are a couple items in the autopilot or GPS's that aren't yet added. Far too many people are also only comparing them to the highest quality payware aircraft - some of which take as long or longer to develop than this whole sim did - it simply is not a realistic mindset. No current company can make 30 aircraft all to PMDG/A2A/DCS level of systems depth in a few years time (I can't believe the quality that they have achieved with these 30 aircraft in such a short period of time). Furthermore, it sounds like the few features that are still missing within some of the avionics are being worked on to be added still, and the final quarks of some of the autopilot systems are being hashed out as well (each autopilot system is broken up and completely unique to itself in each of the default aircraft with an autopilot). They care that things are done right and they're continuing to work on the aircraft and the sim as a whole (and for years to come).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Exactly. They are light years better than the default aircraft ever experienced in any previous Microsoft Flight Simulator, P3D or X-Plane....
    Yeah, I just finished my last round of Martin Mars repaints for FSX, and based on the visuals that I see in the MSFS screenshots, my FSX repaints were petty much DOA. One can only hope that some of these old vintage birds will be resurrected in the future with all of the MSFS bells and whistles. I find it hard to fire up FSX after seeing the MSFS visuals, but MSFS is not in the budget for now or the foreseeable future.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    Yeah, I just finished my last round of Martin Mars repaints for FSX, and based on the visuals that I see in the MSFS screenshots, my FSX repaints were petty much DOA. One can only hope that some of these old vintage birds will be resurrected in the future with all of the MSFS bells and whistles. I find it hard to fire up FSX after seeing the MSFS visuals, but MSFS is not in the budget for now or the foreseeable future.

Tommy

LOL, I just fired up FSX to see how it looked. I have gigs of scenery add-on and aircraft and sadly, it just does not have the visual fidility of 2020. It's like going from stereo back to hifi. Off to Patagonia now. It's stunning. And cold.

Some close-ups of the Pitts

those are unreal shots John!!! Are you using the xbox controller with Drone mode? I need to hook mine up...It's a gen 1 Xbox one controller though....I have blue tooth, but I think I need an adapter or something?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thank you Rick. Yes, I'm using one of my 3rd-gen Xbox One controllers with the drone camera. I was using it connected via Bluetooth, but I was tired of it turning itself off after a while of inactivity (and using up batteries), so I bought a cord for it.

I love how on aircraft like the Pitts and XCub, they have even modeled the rubber or fabric aerodynamic seals between the control surface joints.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 31st, 2020 at 20:37.

Members who have read this thread: 347