*NEW* Microsoft Flight Simulator - New 4K Footage

Thread: *NEW* Microsoft Flight Simulator - New 4K Footage

Icon2 *NEW* Microsoft Flight Simulator - New 4K Footage

FSElite:

Over 30-minutes of brand new 4K footage for the upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

"A Generational Leap In Graphical Realism"

As of today the NDA has been lifted for media and select Youtube vloggers, so videos such as these are beginning to show up on Youtube now:

"An astonishing jump in graphical realism, Microsoft's new Flight Simulator delivers unprecedented visual fidelity and truly next generation visuals. In this video, Alex Battaglia discusses the technological make-up of the new engine - and the significant performance cost in delivering this generational leap." - Digital Foundry

Good stuff all. The only nitpick I noticed was no wake or splash effect from the ICON taking off from the water.

Whoever did the first video (4K) really needs to invest in some rudder pedals. Just sayin'.

Edit: OK, I watched the second video as well. Maybe the rudders don't move in the 3D models? I don't know, it's just weird seeing people not counteracting the adverse yaw. I do like that jet efflux/heat distortion is modeled (finally!).

Edit2: OK, the rudder stuff may have to do with the game settings. Still, it's looking amazing. It will be interesting to see how it runs on my system.

Most of all of the Youtuber videos I've seen don't showcase good piloting skills, especially landings/approaches (like the lack of the use of rudder, it has nothing to do with the sim).

I was watching and taking note of the bad approaches/landings which I think had more to do with trying to aim the aircraft from an angle outside view. I also took note of the A320 approach into Innsbruck where the user seemed to be coming in way high and was having a battle with the A/T and the speed was low due to being at a high AoA. I see some of the Airbus protection envelope is in place but I am curious as to how much is modeled (I have more than one friend who are Check Airmen on the Airbus). One thing that impressed me was the wide scope of the settings in regards to matching the best performance for any given system. Even on the lower to medium settings this Sim looks better than anything before now and even on a decent system and max settings where the fps were somewhat constrained, they were still seeing 30 to 40 fps. I have had more than my share of moderate FPS on P3D before now using a non-OCed i7-8700K and GTX1080 GPU with certain models and scenery. So I am hopeful at what I am seeing. As of yesterday, I have a nearly 500mbps internet speed with no data caps per month (have the option to upgrade to 1gbps!).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What i seem to be missing in all MSFS videos is evidence of a Replay Mode and Fly-By camera view. Particularly with the New-Zealand bush flying vid, when he lands on that mountain slope and takes off again ( in the wrong way.... ), why doesn't he use Replay Mode in Fly-By view to watch himself putting that savage cub on the ground and take-off again ? That's what i would do!

Would it possibly mean that Replay Mode as well as Fly-By view are not available yet in MSFS ?... (these are just two magical features real pilots have to do without and envy us pixelpilots for, isn't it... ;-)

Cirrus Clouds?

High altitude Cirrus clouds seem to be missing in all of the preview videos. Has anyone seen them? I would think they would be a common render in any weather generator.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 0