USS CV-36 Antietam.zip

Thread: USS CV-36 Antietam.zip

USS CV-36 Antietam.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Other

Description: USS Antietam (CV/CVA/CVS-36) was one of 24 Essex-class aircraft carriers built during and shortly after World War II for the United States Navy.

The ship was the second US Navy ship to bear the name, and was named for the American Civil War Battle of Antietam (Maryland). Antietam was commissioned in January 1945, too late to serve actively in World War II. After serving a short time in the Far East, she was decommissioned in 1949. She was soon recommissioned for Korean War service, and in that conflict earned two battle stars. In the early 1950s, she was redesignated an attack carrier (CVA) and then an antisubmarine warfare carrier (CVS). After the Korean War she spent the rest of her career operating in the Atlantic, Caribbean, and Mediterranean. From 1957 until her deactivation, she was the Navy's training carrier, operating out of Florida.

Antietam was fitted with a port sponson in 1952 to make her the world's first true angled-deck aircraft carrier. However, she received no major modernizations other than this, and thus throughout her career largely retained the classic appearance of a World War II Essex-class ship. She was decommissioned in 1963, and sold for scrap in 1974.

Due to the file size, you will need 7zip to open this file archive. You can download it here: https://www.7-zip.org/

Special thanks: I use the carrier from Collin Glendinning, with different changes from other authors.

Model of F-9F panther: Daisuke Yamamoto

Gary (aka gp183601 in Sim Outhouse). He gave his permission to use his Tilly on this carriers.

Joe (aka Butcherbird17 in Sim Outhouse). He did the base livery for the F-9F Panther and gave his permission to use it with this carriers .

Walter (aka CIMOGT in Sim Outhouse). He gave his permission to use parts of his very nice models (3D Lights).

Richard (aka tgycgijoes in Sim Outhouse) He gave his permission to use his VT31 texture for Tim Conrad's Skyraider model.

I used other freeware models for this too. Most aircraft models are original from CFS2 and convertet to FSX.

Surely all models i use are freeware. So please don`t use all the elements of this models in other way as freeware without the permission of the designers.

I hope you will enjoy these models.

Klaus Nowak (aka klnowak in Sim Outhouse)
    July 2020
    klnowak@web.de

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USS CV-36 Antietam.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I have a problem with the AI carriers cfg file. In your readme, you stated to use:

title=USS Boxer_Korean war
    unit.[formation.65]
    0=USS_CV-21_Boxer,0,0

There is no Boxer included

I tried to make my own ai carrier cfg file as such:

[formation.0]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1951
    unit.0=antietam1951_panther, 0, 0

[formation.1]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957
    unit.0=antietam1957_fury, 0, 0

[formation.2]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_T2
    unit.0=antietam1957_T2, 0, 0

[formation.3]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_T28
    unit.0=antietam1957_T28, 0, 0

[formation.4]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1951_empty
    unit.0=antietam1951_empty, 0, 0

[formation.5]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_empty
    unit.0=antietam1957_empty, 0, 0

[formation.6]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_C2Trader
    unit.0=antietam1957_C2Trader, 0, 0

[formation.7]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_Skyrider
    unit.0=antietam1957_Skyrider, 0, 0

I saved it as Antietam.cfg in my conf.d folder

The title will show in AI carrier menu screen however, I get
    the failure to create object error. So I am close but
    do not know why the different formations will not show.

Members who have read this thread: 2