Bristol Beaufighter Mk IF for Fs9.

Thread: Bristol Beaufighter Mk IF for Fs9.

Bristol Beaufighter Mk IF for Fs9.

Hi Folks,
    Just finished and uploaded this Hercules engined version of the Beaufighter, a MkIF night fighter. In the colours of 604 Sqn base at RAF Middle Wallop, being the first squadron to get this early radar equipped version.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=26908

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beau 1F Fs9 1.jpg  

Excellent!

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Beautifully done! Thank you for these early marks for FS9, Shessi.

They hung out at Manston for a while too, thanks Shessi

Cheers Guys,
    Thank's to Bis13 for his orig (2009!) models, now much modified with new skins etc, and I think, look good in 2020.

Not every one's cuppa, but I expect I'll do some later MKVI's and strike Beaus, so that might please those not into NF's....

Ian, and Bradwell, so your bases are getting well used by me.

Shessi

Hello Chessi,

-First of all thank you for this Beaufighter!
    I use it in FSX with success! I made a mixture of the aircraft and air files with that of Dave Gardwood! -However I see some holes in the cockpit which lets see the ground! Can we seal them and if so in what way?
    -In addition, I would like to see the mobile flap cowls, can we do it?
    - One last remark: in the panel what is the [Vcockpit02] used for ?, it has no assigned gauge!
    -Either way, it's a great job you've done!
    I hope for other textures for this device!
    cordially

Alain

-

Hi Alain,
    This model was made for FS9 and not for FSX. The reason why (1) (2) and (3) are showing the ground is because the texture has an alpha channel that FSX shows as transparent, which it does not in Fs9. You will have to find the texture and remove the alpha channel or re-save it as another texture format compatible with FSX, a simple fix.

No, I'm not going to animate the cowl flaps, it is such a pain to do, and only a minor visual thing.

Regarding the extra VC panel entry, it was going to be for something that was not needed in the end.

I'm glad you like it, thank you, but please remember almost all of my models are made specifically for Fs9, so there is no guarantee they will work in FSX....caveat usor...as they say!

Yes, there may be further versions in the future with new textures..watch this space.

Santé

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello Chessi,

-First of all thank you for this Beaufighter!
    I use it in FSX with success! I made a mixture of the aircraft and air files with that of Dave Gardwood! -However I see some holes in the cockpit which lets see the ground! Can we seal them and if so in what way?
    -In addition, I would like to see the mobile flap cowls, can we do it?
    - One last remark: in the panel what is the [Vcockpit02] used for ?, it has no assigned gauge!
    -Either way, it's a great job you've done!
    I hope for other textures for this device!
    cordially

Alain

-
    Alain here is a fix for the bmp textures to work in FSX. Open zip file and copy these bmps and overwrite in the texture folder. This will also work on the merlin Beaufighter also. Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good morning all,

@ Chessi, thank you for your response!
    -Yes, I know your planes are for FS9, but they are very beautiful, especially the cockpits, that I like to try them (and keep them!) In FSX! With a few adjustments sometimes!
    @ Mcanx, thank you very much for this texture game!
    Have a good day!

Alain

Hello Robert,

-after testing your textures, they work well, except for Hud 02 !!
    A black square surrounds the locks of the small windows of the windshield!
    Do you have a solution?
    Thank you.

Alain

-

Hello Robert,

-after testing your textures, they work well, except for Hud 02 !!
    A black square surrounds the locks of the small windows of the windshield!
    Do you have a solution?
    Thank you.

Alain

-
    Alain I never really noticed those squares till you pointed it out. I used Martin Wright's DTXBmp tool to remove the alpha's on the bmps. This is beyond my ability. Maybe someone else would know how to make an alpha just for the window locks. Sorry that's the best I can do. Robert

Hi Robert,

-Thank you for looking into my problem!
    I will put the original bmp back in the meantime!
    Have a good day.

Alain

Hi Robert,

-Thank you for looking into my problem!
    I will put the original bmp back in the meantime!
    Have a good day.

Alain
    Hi Alain,
    There still maybe a fix for your problem. If you could contact Michael Pook over ay Simviation he has done many cockpit upgrades to work in FSX. Type in his name at Simviation and you can see how many he has done. Robert

Good evening Robert,

Thank you for your indications!
    I "tinkered" the Hud 02 file and I got this image!

The locks are gone, but I don't have the holes in the cockpit anymore! I think I'll stick with it for now!
    I went to Simviation to search for panels created by Michael Pook, but nothing about the Beaufighter!
    Today's result suits me!
    Thank you for your help!
    Have a nice evening

Alain

-

Good evening Robert,

Thank you for your indications!
    I "tinkered" the Hud 02 file and I got this image!

The locks are gone, but I don't have the holes in the cockpit anymore! I think I'll stick with it for now!
    I went to Simviation to search for panels created by Michael Pook, but nothing about the Beaufighter!
    Today's result suits me!
    Thank you for your help!
    Have a nice evening

Alain

-
    Alain that looks outstanding. I would like your fix please. Would you make an attachment for the rest of us to use. Thanks Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Cheers Guys,
    Thank's to Bis13 for his orig (2009!) models, now much modified with new skins etc, and I think, look good in 2020.

Not every one's cuppa, but I expect I'll do some later MKVI's and strike Beaus, so that might please those not into NF's....

Ian, and Bradwell, so your bases are getting well used by me.

Shessi
    If you do a Torbeau/strike Beau could you do one"clean" without the "tinfish" under it please Shess?

I fly these types mostly for virtual "air display" work,so "clean" is my preferred set up. Cheers.

Hi Robert,

Here is my file!
    I hope this will suit you!

Alain

Hud_02.zip

-

Hello Shessi,

-Would you have realized other textures for your excellent Beaufighter?
    THANKS.

Alain
    -

Icon13

Hi Alain,
    No I haven't, really this early version If was only used as a NF, and would therefore only have the black camo, so not a lot of camo choices! lol.

I will do other Mk's at some.....later....date, and they of course will have a lot more camo choices.

merci mon ami.

salut

Shessi

Shessi, this is another one of yours I remember beta testing but I lost it when my old HD crapped out. Gonna re-download from your stash here at the library.

Hello Shessi

Thank you for your reply!
    I will therefore wait for new versions of the Beaufighter

Alain
    -

Members who have read this thread: 2