Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
In Aerosoft Forum you can read, what the boxed version is:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php...comment-989168

And you can read about "Optional online streamed content (this is an optional part of the sim)". Microsoft must explain this as soon as possible, otherwise they will not get a cent from me.

Thomas
So you only get the boxed version from Aerosoft. Well that's a shame they didn't say that before I ordered it from MS directly. Not that it matters, DCS has been Gb of data downloads for many years now, but it would've been nice to have the option - I see with books etc. You'd think for the price of the premium deluxe (or whatever they call it) version they'd send you some DVDs.

Does anyone know if there is any backwards compatibility at all? I've been politely asking to join the test program having been part of Beta for FSX previously and having been developing since 2001, but after 3 emails unanswered I gave up. I had a nice reply from Asobo within a day or two, but they just directed me to email Microsoft. Shame there was absolutely no response. I guess they only want the big players in the Dev world - that's who will make them some money by royalty or whatever the pricing model will be for additional content.